Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

who's upset about this???

waditahwaditah Posts: 20 New Member
I don't know about you, but I'm a little upset that the base game for sims 3 took away so much of the expansions from sims 2. So what now, we just have to wait for the new expansions to get what we already had with 2? I feel we should have had everything that 2 offered (including the expansions) on the sims 3 base game. Then when it comes time for expansions for 3, you're not just getting back the same old stuff that you've already bought and paid for with the last game. Why?? To me it seems like a waste, and a bit of a rip off.

I would like to mention a couple of things I would like to see in new expansion packs:

LawnMowers...for them to keep up their yards, and it would look cool too when the grass gets a little high and then when it gets mowed.

Washer/Dryer...if this is suppose to be a game of life, they need to do laundry, and their clothes should pile up, and be notified when they don't have clean clothes to wear.

Plants...To me there is just not enough plant varieties. Plus, I wish you could change the colors of the ones that are already offered.
I want to see plants that can grow on or can place on walls, like ivy for instance.

Stairs...I really don't like the stair options we have now, but I think I would if that was something you could customize the color on.

What is your feedback on not having A LOT of the features from sim 2 expansions and what you want to see in the future?????

Comments

• Options
    PandaFaust21PandaFaust21 Posts: 337 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'm sure you could say the same of the Sims going into the Sims 2. There are plenty of items from the Sims that didn't make it. The mechanical bull from Livin' Large was awesome.

In case you hadn't noticed you only paid $50 for the Sims 3. (I'm guessing) I paid $70 for the shiny green box version. At one point I estimated that I spent over $500 for the Sims 2 with all those expansions. You can't expect to get the hundreds of dollars of expansions for $50 when it first comes out. They are pretty much reinventing the wheel.

Now, what I think would have been nice would be a way to convert the first Sims into Sims 2 Sims then into Sims 3 Sims.
  • Options
    Ceeecee3Ceeecee3 Posts: 789 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I agree with what you're saying, and
    even though it's a base game, we still
    should have a little more content than
    we have now... I think the developers
    spent more time on how things in the
    game LOOK than actual gameplay. I mean
    I like sims 3, but they could have gave
    us more to do while playing.

I want to see most of the elements from
    other expansion packs into future sims 3
    EPs and also brand new stuff.

Oh, one more thing. I wanna do more at
    the beach, not just fish lol
  • Options
    theRealDeal09theRealDeal09 Posts: 4,549 Member
    edited July 2009
    waditah wrote:
    I don't know about you, but I'm a little upset that the base game for sims 3 took away so much of the expansions from sims 2. So what now, we just have to wait for the new expansions to get what we already had with 2? I feel we should have had everything that 2 offered (including the expansions) on the sims 3 base game. Then when it comes time for expansions for 3, you're not just getting back the same old stuff that you've already bought and paid for with the last game. Why?? To me it seems like a waste, and a bit of a rip off.

I would like to mention a couple of things I would like to see in new expansion packs:

LawnMowers...for them to keep up their yards, and it would look cool too when the grass gets a little high and then when it gets mowed.

Washer/Dryer...if this is suppose to be a game of life, they need to do laundry, and their clothes should pile up, and be notified when they don't have clean clothes to wear.

Plants...To me there is just not enough plant varieties. Plus, I wish you could change the colors of the ones that are already offered.
    I want to see plants that can grow on or can place on walls, like ivy for instance.

Stairs...I really don't like the stair options we have now, but I think I would if that was something you could customize the color on.

What is your feedback on not having A LOT of the features from sim 2 expansions and what you want to see in the future?????

I don't think its a rip-off. TS3 graphics are way better. Plus, we could get new interactions with the EP's...

• Options
    edited July 2009
    Let me add that when I say "rip off" I'm not saying that paying $50 bucks for the base game is too much, but rather, I feel that so much of the expansions will be the same stuff we've already paid for with the last game. With a new game should come new things, granted it WILL have new things but we'll be playing catch up with all the old stuff. I just feel that we should have had more of the older stuff to begin with so that more could be devoted to new, cool, and interesting stuff in the next EP's.
  • Options
    theRealDeal09theRealDeal09 Posts: 4,549 Member
    edited July 2009
    waditah wrote:
    Let me add that when I say "rip off" I'm not saying that paying $50 bucks for the base game is too much, but rather, I feel that so much of the expansions will be the same stuff we've already paid for with the last game. With a new game should come new things, granted it WILL have new things but we'll be playing catch up with all the old stuff. I just feel that we should have had more of the older stuff to begin with so that more could be devoted to new, cool, and interesting stuff in the next EP's.

Yes, but the base game plus all the EP's cost WAY more than $50. So you can't expect to get it all unless you want to spend like $500.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The idea of expansion packs for stuff we bought in the other Sims games does have some merit. On the other hand I didn't care for Pets or Unleashed. I bought them anyway but some people may elect not to have them. Why would you want to pay $100 for the base game and having pets if you didn't want that half of the game?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    its not costing them anymore. they've already created the stuff. you've already paid the $500 dollars you mentioned. plus you'll spend another $500 more with new EP's. Do you really want to spend $500 dollars again for the same stuff with a few new extras here and there? I don't expect to have everything from 2's EP's but say for instance seasons, everybody, well a lot of people, want to see that come back in a new expansion, but why couldn't we have that integrated into the game? Or what about the wall placement ability where you could place more that one object in one square? Or buying clothes?
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I guess if you want to bring up seasons, it might be worth saying a lot of people already having trouble running the game as it is. Changing weather patterns will already strain the fragile game further. If that was a feature installed in the game, just as many people would turn off this feature either because the game wouldn't run otherwise or they don't care for the problems caused by the weather like freezing sims.
  • Options
    RaithieRaithie Posts: 187 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Do you really want to spend $500 dollars again for the same stuff with a few new extras here and there?

No. I want something new. If you want all the stuff in the Sims 2 - then play The Sims 2. You can't expect them to put everything from TS2 into the base game of TS3.
  • Options
    StacieBeeStacieBee Posts: 10 New Member
    edited July 2009
    waditah wrote:
    its not costing them anymore. they've already created the stuff. you've already paid the $500 dollars you mentioned. plus you'll spend another $500 more with new EP's. Do you really want to spend $500 dollars again for the same stuff with a few new extras here and there? I don't expect to have everything from 2's EP's but say for instance seasons, everybody, well a lot of people, want to see that come back in a new expansion, but why couldn't we have that integrated into the game? Or what about the wall placement ability where you could place more that one object in one square? Or buying clothes?

I accept what you are saying and agree in principal. But I really don't think it's quite as simple as that.

Firstly, you're looking at it from the viewpoint of a lifelong Sims fan. You played TS2 and it's EPs and you possibly played The Sims from way back when. What about new players to The Sims? Should they be getting TS3 base game with all the extras we had to pay for with TS2? We had to wait a long time for those expansions and paid a lot of money for them.
    Whether you like it or not, The Sims is a franchise and it is making a lot of money. They are trying to market it as a completely different game, not an expansion of the first two. Would you be happy to know you are paying your $50 for the same game that has just been airbrushed a little to make it look better? I sure wouldn't. I am glad it's a totally different game, ok maybe not totally different. But I'd feel more cheated to learn they simply stript all of the "colourful bits" from TS2, made it prettier and called it TS3.
    waditah wrote:
    its not costing them anymore. they've already created the stuff.

Secondly. Yes they have already created these objects for the previous TS2 EPs and I'm no game designer but I'm pretty certain that it's not quite as easy as just adding them to TS3 without quite a bit of work needing to be done. I mean, one noticable difference between TS2 and TS3 is the graphics. All the objects would need a makeover. I'm sure there are also big differences in the interaction codes that make these things work. TS3 is a totally new game and I would assume newly scripted, not just a makeover of TS2 with things taken away. One thing that really sticks in my mind is how there is no graphic for getting in and out of cars. If it were as simple as "just adding these objects to TS3", then surely they would have a decent looking animation (at least a base animation, maybe even with bad graphics) for getting in and out of cars, but they don't. If it were as simple as just adding these previously crafted items, you would be able to integrate your previously bought EPs to the base game yourself, but you can't, because they do not fit together.

Just my thoughts.

Stacie.
  • Options
    JerziJerzi Posts: 1,047 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Hijack-DeNiro.jpg?t=1249070385

There have already been oodles of these threads.
    Raithie wrote:
    No. I want something new. If you want all the stuff in the Sims 2 - then play The Sims 2. You can't expect them to put everything from TS2 into the base game of TS3.
  • Options
    SimcrazeSimcraze Posts: 35 New Member
    edited July 2009
    waditah wrote:

I would really like to see spiral stairs :D
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited July 2009
    wow waditah your one greedy S.O.B . youve gotta have that silver spoon so far down your mouth its coming out your a r se
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    wow waditah your one greedy S.O.B . youve gotta have that silver spoon so far down your mouth its coming out your a r se

Excuse me, but do you even know what having a silver spoon in ones mouth means???
    It means you were born into a rich family and that you have money. Well, I don't, which is why I'm not too keen on having to pay for the same thing over and over again. Keep you comments to yourself if you have nothing to add but to belittle someone who was just using the forum for what concerns me which is what everyone else is doing!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm no programming expert. If I were I'd try to "convert" the expansion packs to the Sims 3. I'm sure if it was possible EA would have done it already and we'd have a couple dozen expansion packs. Just look at the store. Do you really think if it was that easy there would be so few things to buy?
  • Options
    AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    edited August 2009
    Gee Whiz people. the game is only a few months old now it needs time to grow and develop. anyhow I personally hate people who belittle others so please can we all get along for once.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Options
    caspywaspycaspywaspy Posts: 26 New Member
    edited August 2009
    It happened with the Sims 1 to the Sims 2 as well. There were Pets in the first sims, and we had to wait and get them by expansion pack for the sims 2.

Just because it was there in a previous version doesn't mean they can just copy all the code and it'll magically work in the new sims. If you want everything from the sims 2, you wouldn't even be playing the sims 3 right now because it would take longer to develop.
  • Options
    queenmoon555queenmoon555 Posts: 178 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Wadith your asking for a little bit too much. :?
  • Options
    DebbieGCDebbieGC Posts: 288 Member
    edited August 2009
    Umm, look at how large the installed Electronic Arts folder is for TS3. Almost 6GBs. Look at your My Documents Electronic Arts folder. Mine's almost 3GBs. Now most DVDs hold 4.3GB and the dual-layered ones can hold about 9GB. For all those EPs to fit on one disc, you would need a Blu-Ray disc (up to 50GB) or multiple install discs. Sounds like fun.

Some people look at this game like it is bare bones. It is not. Could you drive a car in TS2? Could you garden, buy businesses, find and collect gems and bugs? Could you edit your clothes and furniture to match your tile? Huh, huh, huh????

Get over yourself and enjoy the game.