Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is today's maintenance the BIG ONE?!

So I was curious, do you think today's maintenance will include a patch that will allow to play around with the social features or do you think it's just going to change the actual appearance of a few things on the site?
sims4forumsmaller.gif

Comments

• Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited February 2012
    it is believed and sims vip says so however i dont know if an ea person has confirmed it
  • Options
    HappyPhantomHappyPhantom Posts: 881 Member
    edited February 2012
    Ooh by any chance do you have a link to the SimsVIP where they think it is? It would be so awesome to get my hands on the new social features on site and in game before SHowtime! So excited! :mrgreen:
    sims4forumsmaller.gif

• Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited February 2012
    I'm pretty sure they are going to fix the new simpages today. It is a 6h maintainance in the first place, and they'll want to be ready fir thursday's new sets. I also assume that since the new pages are going to be affected by our gameplay, there is a high chance that they might release the patch as well.
    Of course they may want us to get used to the new pages and release the new patch later this week.
  • Options
    HappyPhantomHappyPhantom Posts: 881 Member
    edited February 2012
    Well I'm crossing my fingers for the patch. One of things I'm looking forward to the most is the achievements. Obviously we won't be able to simport without having Showtime installed and there will be obvious achievements we won't be able to complete until we have showtime but not all the achievements are showtime related. In the one walkthrough they mentioned the fit as a fiddle badge where your sim completes 200 hours of cardio.

I just happen to be off today so it would rock if they went with the patch so we could start earning achievements and badges and seeing how it reflects on our new Mypages before Showtime is launched.

Here's crossing my fingers!! If the maintenance is going to take 6 hours, than everything should be up and going by 5pm eastern! So excited!
    sims4forumsmaller.gif

• Options
    PatandRoxannePatandRoxanne Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited February 2012
    I heard that Crinct in EA Germany that maintenence has just started. so tomorrow the first new My Pages will probably be in Germany!
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,775 Member
    edited February 2012
    They start in half an hour and I would think it's the same all over (according to a post a guru made in our forum)
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 588 Member
    edited February 2012
    I haven't got master suite Should I still patch or should I wait untill I have that stuff pack
  • Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited February 2012
    MS patch was 1.29. It came out a while ago.
  • Options
    geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited February 2012
    I thnk you can patch. Patches now are mostly connected to the base game. So even if you don't patch ot will ask you to do so before installing MS
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Oh right I think I have that patch what about this new show time patch should I downloaded it when it comes out or patch after I have master suite ? because I dont want to mess up my game
  • Options
    n00biityon00biityo Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited February 2012
    I doesn't really matter when you patch. If you don't have an EP or SP then the changes to those don't apply. If you get them later on and install them the changes that came witht he patch will apply to them.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Ok thank you all for your advise :D

Take care and happy simming :mrgreen:
  • Options
    bps3bps3 Posts: 1,060 Member
    edited February 2012
    When is it relesed in the uk?x
  • Options
    LimeSims3LimeSims3 Posts: 550 Member
    edited February 2012
    :!: 45 minutes and the maintenance will start!
    Twitter: @LimeSims ♦ Facebook: iSims Sverige
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    LimeSims3 wrote:
    :!: 45 minutes and the maintenance will start!

I thought it was scheduled for 20 minutes ago. I was surprised I could still access the forums.
  • Options
    PahpayPahpay Posts: 381 Member
    edited February 2012
    I expected it to start an hour and a half ago, but maybe they are shutting forums down last.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited February 2012
    Pahpay wrote:
    I expected it to start an hour and a half ago, but maybe they are shutting forums down last.

Everything else seems to be down barring the forums, at least for me.
  • Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited February 2012
    Arletta wrote:
    Pahpay wrote:

Everything else seems to be down barring the forums, at least for me.

Me too, Arletta. So long wonderful friends comments!!! :(
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    albaniealbanie Posts: 584 Member
    edited February 2012
    I'm surprised I managed to get on here. I'm in the UK so it's been just over four hours of maintenance now.
    And I can't access the homepage tabs at the top of the forums!
    You never forget the face of the person who was your last hope - The Hunger Games.
    Banana! - Minions
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Everything works fine for me here with the exception of the avatars and the mypages.
  • Options
    eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited February 2012
    Everything is down but the fourms. :lol: I feel like we're in a power outtage due to the weather. *holds up candles* it's raining here maybe thats why I feel like that.
    353235_b.jpg
  • Options
    PahpayPahpay Posts: 381 Member
    edited February 2012
    Everything, but forums is down which I think is great so we can all still discuss the goings on of the maintenance and other random fun stuff that's unrelated to maintenance.
  • Options
    albaniealbanie Posts: 584 Member
    edited February 2012
    Ah that's okay :)
    You never forget the face of the person who was your last hope - The Hunger Games.
    Banana! - Minions
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Everything is down but the fourms. :lol: I feel like we're in a power outtage due to the weather. *holds up candles* it's raining here maybe thats why I feel like that.

Oh, wow! You're right. I got Liam when I went to the homepage. Just an hour and half more hopefully and it'll all be done.
  • Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited February 2012
    Ah! The forums are dead! :lol:
    Literally!