Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hold your uploads

geminiagregeminiagre Posts: 6,918 Member
The exchange seems to be broken for quite sometime now. Nothing shows after 7/29th and whatever shows on the front page doesn't show it has any downloads or recs unless you click on the actual download page. The exchange doesn't update at all. It's my knowledge that EA is aware of this and they are looking into it. If you keep uplodaing your creations will get only 5% of what it would normaly get out of downloads and recs, if the exchange worked normaly, you will have to reupload anyway, and once the exchange is fixed everything will be burried under thousands of creations that where uploaded at the time it was fixed. So i think we should hold oall our uploads untill the exchange is fixed.

Comments

• Options
    DalexDalex Posts: 353 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Yup.

My Air Cubed build has had some retweaks and is waiting in the wings as Air:Cubed for when they fix it.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    LOL :P
    It's a shame you know. So many creations uploaded lately and none of them is getting proper attention
  • Options
    Andrews76Andrews76 Posts: 905 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Really? :?:I don't see any differents to the exchange,all works fine for me... :D
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    well if you check the exchange, let's say lots, you will notice that there is nothing there after 7/29th. if you click on their pictures you'll also notice that they have zero recs and zero downloads. However if you click on thier link you'll see that there are way more recs and downloads instead. If you also try shorting by "today" you will get an error stating that there is nothing found so it shows this weeks with the newest one being on the 7/29th
  • Options
    fluffyredbatty65fluffyredbatty65 Posts: 76 Member
    edited July 2009
    Yep, I check the exchange every day and the same things have been on the front page for 3 days :cry: I miss my new stuff people have made! I have even tried to refresh the page and nothing happens! Wonder if EA knows?! :roll:
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    i think they do. I saw a sim guru yesterday on a thread about it
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    geminiagre wrote:
    well if you check the exchange, let's say lots, you will notice that there is nothing there after 7/29th. if you click on their pictures you'll also notice that they have zero recs and zero downloads. However if you click on thier link you'll see that there are way more recs and downloads instead. If you also try shorting by "today" you will get an error stating that there is nothing found so it shows this weeks with the newest one being on the 7/29th
    Sorry but i do this now and i am not seeing any error or something,always are normal for me...for the simguru who leave a note,i think is simguruHydra but it was for other day...
  • Options
    DalexDalex Posts: 353 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Andrews76 wrote:
    geminiagre wrote:
    Sorry but i do this now and i am not seeing any error or something,always are normal for me...for the simguru who leave a note,i think is simguruHydra but it was for other day...

It's not thats there is an erro messgae or w/e.

Look at the DATES on the objects, every single one there is dated 7/29/09, even if you try to view todays top downloads etc it only shows stuff from the 29th.

Everything uploaded on the 30th and 31st isn't showing up on the front page and can only be accessed via studios or direct links
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Dalex wrote:
    Andrews76 wrote:
    geminiagre wrote:

It's not thats there is an erro messgae or w/e.

Look at the DATES on the objects, every single one there is dated 7/29/09, even if you try to view todays top downloads etc it only shows stuff from the 29th.

Everything uploaded on the 30th and 31st isn't showing up on the front page and can only be accessed via studios or direct links
    Oh,you are right sorry :mrgreen:And the simguru wasn't simguruHydra was simguruJim at general discussion :-)
  • Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited July 2009
    Has this happened before? It's kind of a let down to work so hard on something and know that almost no one will see it. I takes hours to make movies and I know it's the same for good Sims and good lots too. It makes me a little hesitant to upload, you know? I have one movie that seems to be in publishing limbo forever!
  • Options
    TnT_TJTnT_TJ Posts: 479 Member
    edited July 2009
    Still problems with the exchange? Must be serious, seeing it still isn't fixed O.O.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Maybe they work on something...in these days this website has many problems...one day in the morning i wasn't can view this website for a long time...after millions tries i was view this website...This website is new,it mustn't has these serious problems...This is only my opinion!

Happy Simming! :D
  • Options
    Allison1098Allison1098 Posts: 149 New Member
    edited July 2009
    THATS why all the lots I put up yesterday didn't get any downloads. I mean, I thought I'd get at least 1 download out of 5 lots...
    xD
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    yes i know it's so dissappointing..I found out after i uploaded my lot, and i researched for issues since I didn't get a single download in 8 hours. It's a pitty that i'll prolly have to re-upload it after the exchange is fixed. :( I hope they fix it soon. As i understand there are issuse for 3 days already
  • Options
    TerryBaller15TerryBaller15 Posts: 67 New Member
    edited August 2009
    This site is not that new. Some people have accounts from back in feb. BTW my vid. is stuck in limbo too. It's been 12 hours