Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lunar Lakes vs. Hidden Springs

I am having the hardest time desciding on which one to get they both are very interesting. I like HS ,because it looks really good I like Lunar lakes ,because its different. Can anyone help me descide.

Also if you can you add pictures of the worlds.

Comments

• Options
    VanticatVanticat Posts: 766 Member
    edited February 2012
    I have Hidden Springs but not Lunar Lakes so I can't say for sure but I like the looks of Lunar Lakes much more. I've enjoyed Hidden Springs but Lunar Lakes seems like it would be more fun. You should really be able to go wild with building designs because you can get away with a lot more in the "out of this world" setting.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,411 Member
    edited February 2012
    I have both. Go with Lunar Lakes because it's an alien world and it's bigger then Hidden Springs.

Also you can buy HS at your retail store now for twenty dollars or less.

Why not download LL and go to the store and buy HS?
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited February 2012
    Well, I have both so I'll evaluate:

Hidden Springs is a very comfortable and cozy town. And also does have a slightly magical feel. BUT, to endulge in the magic you need to buy the magic sets so...

Lunar Lakes isn't as comfortable but is very cool. It has a very new feel and comes with all the things you want to make it seem alien. But, getting the Futureshock sets makes it a lot better!

Verdict... um... the two towns are like opposites. Um... I can't decide! Sorry...
  • Options
    slkcslkc Posts: 32
    edited February 2012
    I don’t own HS and I’m not planning to get one. Although I’m quite a new player to Sims 3, the suburb/grassy setting of HS doesn’t look appealing to me.

Lunar Lake, on the contrary, looks special to me (at least it looks new in Sims 3), and I quite like sci-fi stuff (and I bought the Futureshock set as well). The premium item “Tree of Prosperity” is great too. It can give you a lot of fun (or ruin your game :lol: ). My Sim reached Lv 10 in Writing without practicing any writing (but finished with a sci-fi of poor quality) :lol:

Anyway, it’s up to your decision :)
  • Options
    klr368klr368 Posts: 78 New Member
    edited February 2012
    I don't have hidden springs but I just got Lunar Lakes. I haven't had much time to play it but so far its pretty amazing. It has a futuristic/fantasy theme to it. There are the two huge craters which each have houses in them and a waterfall on one (my sim lives here :) ). It has a lot of community lots which I like because there are a lots of options when having your sim's go out. There are also domes that have scenery similar to the other towns from EA inside. The scenery is beautiful in a fantasy type way. I tried the tree of prosperity and it was pretty cool, it gave my sim skill points the first time I tried. I like it because its so different from other towns. I also wanted to get Hidden Springs but decided to get Lunar Lakes instead because I felt I could find a few user created worlds just as nice as Hidden Springs and I couldn't with Lunar Lakes.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Do you like cabins if so go with Hidden Springs because it has a lot of them.

If you like the future shock stuff and space theme go with Lunar Lakes.
  • Options
    Ti4000Ti4000 Posts: 73
    edited February 2012
    Thanks for your responses. I think I am going to go with Hidden Springs I love how the town looks and I think it would be easier for me to incorperate Showtime with too.
  • Options
    Simplyfunny3Simplyfunny3 Posts: 41 Member
    edited February 2012
    Hidden Springs i a very nice Town. I have it. It lags alot at times. But i stil love it any way. Have fun. By!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Hidden Springs i a very nice Town. I have it. It lags alot at times. But i stil love it any way. Have fun. By!

Yes and it adds a very nice lookout on a mountain. It's breathtaking. Your sims can go up there and look at the valley and it also has a telescope. HS also has several waterfalls about 3 more then any sims 3 town I've seen so far. It's surrounded by waterfalls.
  • Options
    ZoePCZoePC Posts: 43
    edited March 2012
    I know this is a little late.. But seriously go with Lunar Lakes. Its ah-mazingg. I mean, I was in the same dilemma as you, I could just simply not decide! I ended up getting Lunar lakes because it just seemed so different!

Yes, I was worried it would be too different, so I wouldnt play it so much.

But now i have it, Its my FAVOURITE town ever, it opens up so much possibilities to your playing style. But its really up to you.

Its so amazing, and the houses are awesome and there are a lot of attractive simmies ;) its really good and so unique.

Dont be afraid of it being too different, because combined with the when worlds collide set, its really so so good.