Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuck Processing!!!!!!

Ok so I create my sim family and this happens all the time. I click save or whatever it says and then it says processing you know? It says processing before it shows the picture of your new created family. Well mine never stops processing. Sometimes it just takes a while. Well this time I waited for like over an hour (no exaggeration) and IT NEVER STOPPED PROCESSING! Can anybody help? Is there anything I can do to speed it up?

Comments

• Options
    ourikoouriko Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    Mine is doing the same thing. This has been happening since yesterday after I was able to bypass the Origin launcher.
  • Options
    23sha2823sha28 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited February 2012
    Yeah I don't use origin... I have noticed a lot of people have this problem and I just hoped a simguru or someone would come along and tell us how to fix it or if they were working on something to correct it or something :/ but I haven't seen any replies from them... just a lot of unhappy simmers :P
  • Options
    23sha2823sha28 Posts: 277 New Member
    edited February 2012
    And it's kind of irritating! I can never create a new family because I never have time to wait hours to see if it might possibly end up finishing on the processing!
  • Options
    ourikoouriko Posts: 2
    edited February 2012
    It's been 3 days and I still cannot save any new families either from the create a sim or from changing active families. Has anyone come up with a solution or will I be stuck playing the same family forever?
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited February 2012
    Do you use custom content or patterns ?

What EPs do you have ? Please also post your DxDiag
    To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps below:

If you have Microsoft Windows XP:
    1. Click the Start button on the Windows Taskbar.
    2. Select Run.
    3. Type dxdiag in the available text field.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Click Save All Information.

If you have Windows Vista and do not have a Run selection:
    1. Right click the menu bar and select Properties.
    2. Click the Start Menu tab.
    3. Click the Customize button.
    4. In the upper window, scroll down until you see the Run command and click the correlating check box.
    5. Click OK.
    6. Click Start.
    7. Click Run.
    8. Type dxdiag into the text field and click OK.
    9. Click Save All Information.

Note: It is best to save the DxDiag file to the desktop or another easy located location so it can be quickly referenced when contacting Customer Support.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    AithneCroiAithneCroi Posts: 530 New Member
    edited April 2012
    Mine started this issue up, were you ever able to fix it? Mine started end of Feb 2012
  • Options
    goth1111goth1111 Posts: 7
    edited September 2012
    I'm having this problem, too. It seemed to start when I updated my game yesterday. Does anyone know how to fix it?
  • Options
    manda9801manda9801 Posts: 190 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm having the same problem for over two weeks now. I have tried EVERYTHING.
    I am really concerned that I keep putting my money into expensive expansion packs yet no one ever answers this question and gives any help with this issue.

Has anyone found a resolution? Is anyone out there???
    Kevin VanOrd of Gamespot gave this game a 6/10. Despite praising the visuals, audio, and the new multi-tasking and moods system, he states that he misses the 2 main features of The Sims 3: "Create-a-Style" and the open world. His conclusion is "The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists"
  • Options
    shelbeauxshelbeaux Posts: 4
    edited September 2012
    this is the worst. nobody ever replies. How frustrating! I've been having the same problem for months
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited September 2012
    shelbeaux wrote:
    this is the worst. nobody ever replies. How frustrating! I've been having the same problem for months

Nobody ever replies?!?!

Did you even read the post several above you where Crinrict asked SPECIFIC questions and laid out detailed instructions for you all to gather information that would be helpful in determining your major malfunctions?

No one has given that information.

• Options
    Naber4Naber4 Posts: 3
    edited December 2013
    With the DxDiag once i hit 'Save All Information' should i then restart the game and all of my creations i have made will be saved?
  • Options
    pugsarepuglypugsarepugly Posts: 34 Member
    edited May 2014
    Omg I'm getting this, it just started doing it to me! I'm really upset and need a good answer, I'm soooo super upset! Has anyone found a answer yet? But I have done the dxdiag thing though x