Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why dont sims grab the cowplant cake?

No sims around my neighborhood have ever autonomously grabbed the cake.

Is it true that you can only be controlling them to make them do it? Because i want it to eat visitors that visit my sims house. I even put them around town but nobody is dying.

Comments

• Options
    BoltzY2kBoltzY2k Posts: 11,123 New Member
    edited January 2012
    NotSoLucky wrote:

Is it true that you can only be controlling them to make them do it? Because i want it to eat visitors that visit my sims house. I even put them around town but nobody is dying.
    It looks like it I haven't had any NPCs take the cake yet.
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited January 2012
    BoltzY2k wrote:
    NotSoLucky wrote:

Aww. that sucks. The whole point i bought it was to have it eat other simmies. :x
  • Options
    eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited January 2012
    NotSoLucky wrote:
    BoltzY2k wrote:
    NotSoLucky wrote:

Aww. that sucks. The whole point i bought it was to have it eat other simmies. :x

^ I agree! :lol:
    353235_b.jpg
  • Options
    Magic_DancerMagic_Dancer Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited January 2012
    How sad. That ruins the whole thing.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Yea. I also tried debugging the cake spawn with twallans debut enabler but its not there.

I wish random sims would be able to die from it.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited January 2012
    I bought it just for the papparazzi and they ignore it. :x The only one who keeps wanting to eat the cake is my sim. :roll: Very annoying!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited January 2012
    NotSoLucky wrote:

worked for me....you have to starve them....don't feed or play with them for a day or so...then invite a sim over....
  • Options
    MayIHaveACookieMayIHaveACookie Posts: 20,488 Member
    edited January 2012
    I wasn't gonna get it, as you have to buy the whole set, but I agree the whole point is for the plant to eat all them annoying neighbours! D:
    sb2cck.gif
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited January 2012
    They should make a patch for it and have paparazzis added to the list of Sim traits the cow plant likes.
  • Options
    SheDemonSheDemon Posts: 39 New Member
    edited January 2012
    my butler autonomously grabbed the cake. so yes NPC can do it on their own.

i have yet to see the paparazzi do it tho.
    (half the reason i got one)
  • Options
    BoltzY2kBoltzY2k Posts: 11,123 New Member
    edited January 2012
    SheDemon wrote:

Oh good! There's still hope yet lol.

The cow plant won't eat everyone. It wont' eat sims with the good, lucky or unlucky traits. There's probably others too. Also if a sim has the brave trait the cow plant will spit them back out. I'm not sure if it's guarenteed 100% of the time. Just some extra information I found.

I'm thinking sims with the opposite traits will be more likely to eat the cake. Probably evil and mean spirited. For mean spirited sims there's the icon right next to "take cake."
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Jenieusa wrote:
    NotSoLucky wrote:

worked for me....you have to starve them....don't feed or play with them for a day or so...then invite a sim over....

I invited like 10 sims over and none of them grabbed it
  • Options
    nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited January 2012
    I've had the little kids who deliver the newspaper grab the cake before... but they never die. It always spits them back up :evil:
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I've had the little kids who deliver the newspaper grab the cake before... but they never die. It always spits them back up :evil:

Kids are only snacks. They want a real meal :wink:
  • Options
    JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited January 2012
    Sorry they are dark...it was at night

Untitled-95.jpg

Untitled-96.jpg
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited January 2012
    My cowplant just spits the Sims back out... and I see them around town later the next day. I think only one person has ever died from the plant. So far, not worth it! Need a mod to up the kill rate ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    ^^ haha. The grim is playing with the cow.

:lol:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    MinDtriKz wrote:
    My cowplant just spits the Sims back out... and I see them around town later the next day. I think only one person has ever died from the plant. So far, not worth it! Need a mod to up the kill rate ;)

Actually thats a good idea. I wonder if anybody could make a mod for it?

Anybody here make mods? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    assionpayassionpay Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    BoltzY2k wrote:
    SheDemon wrote:

Oh good! There's still hope yet lol.

The cow plant won't eat everyone. It wont' eat sims with the good, lucky or unlucky traits. There's probably others too. Also if a sim has the brave trait the cow plant will spit them back out. I'm not sure if it's guarenteed 100% of the time. Just some extra information I found.

I'm thinking sims with the opposite traits will be more likely to eat the cake. Probably evil and mean spirited. For mean spirited sims there's the icon right next to "take cake."

It also does not like neurotic sims. My sim went for the cake before I could stop her and it spit her out because she's neurotic :). Thought I'd add :)
  • Options
    A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    edited December 2012
    When I bought my first cowplant I left it in the front yard but no one ever tried for the cake. The poor thing finally starved to death and keeled over. then I felt bad so the next one I bought I've been feeding regularly and have given up on it eating other sims.

I had wanted it to eat the zombies but they were never interested.

I guess you could always use a cheat to force a sim into your household for the sole purpose of making them try for the cake and getting eaten.
  • Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited December 2012
    I couldn't wait for the cow plant but this one is like a kid friendly version of TS2s and for me is useless and pointless. I want it to eat people...I mean sims, I want it eat sims especially the paparazzi and Christopher Steele.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited December 2012
    I never put it down anymore, what's the point. If I had known it wasn't going to eat anybody I never would have bought it. :x
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.