Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how to add patterns up the sims 3 launcher

I'm trying to add patterns im opening it with the sims 3 launcher but it not in my list please help i wanted to add patterns but it doesnt seem to work please help

Comments

• Options
    aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited July 2009
    If you've downloaded .sims3pack file patterns, you can double click them and they will open up the launcher and you will be able to install from there.

If you've downloaded .package file patterns, you'd install them like any other mod, by putting them in your mods folder.

Alternately, if you are having real issues, you could attempt to put the files in the downloads folder (documents\electronic arts\the sims 3\downloads) and attempt to install again. It may work then, but I don't think it will make a huge difference tbh.

Alternatelyalternately, are they actually sort of installing but pausing at the last minute or what?
  • Options
    starlight74starlight74 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2009
    hi i am looking on the internet for pics i can use as patterns in the game and trying to install them on the sims 3 launcher but it not showing in my uploads or downloads i tried opening them with the launcher but still nothing
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    What format are they? I'm assuming if they open up the launcher when you click on them, they are sims3pack format, but I'm asking to be sure.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    it just a picture off the web they are jpeg pictures that is all im trying to use a care bear pic as a pattern to use on furniture and walls
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    it just a picture off the web they are jpeg pictures that is all im trying to use a care bear pic as a pattern to use on furniture and walls

I'm sorry, patterns don't work that way.

If you are interested in making your own patterns, there's a programme and tutorial available over at modthesims, if you google it. (delphy's pattern packager)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    oh thanks hun i did know there was a special way to make then i will head over there now thanxs for the information
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    No problem, good luck and enjoy your new patterns when you're done. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    i havebeen to mod the sims and i cant download the down load for the patterns i cant find that delphy pattern packager at all for sims 3, I need help as want to add patterns to the game but cant
  • Options
    SimsprocfunSimsprocfun Posts: 1,499 Member
    edited July 2009
    Hi, here you can read about unofficial tools to create a patterns. Check programs under p.2 and p.6. In Sims 3 Workshop Patterns Plugin you may find also a tutorial.
    In this thread in credits I have also listed what programs I used to create my own custom patterns.

I hope it helps.
  • Options
    fluffyredbatty65fluffyredbatty65 Posts: 76 Member
    edited July 2009
    When I made a texture a new patteren, I first use a program like Paint Shop Pro to turn the texture into a PNG format. Once I have done that, I download and use this program to open that texture...
    http://www.thesimsresource.com/workshop/downloads

Once your texture opens in there by clicking browse and finding on your computer, click the first 3 boxes, the 4th box you can't click. Now you click on each box and try different colors. I find that you can add any color to any box, but your best bet is the 2nd box, for your main color. The first box it really isn't all that important what color. And the 3rd box, usually needs a white or a light color. I just played around until I liked what it did. Some textures work well, others do not. There is a tutorial for this program here...
    http://www.thesimsresource.com/workshop/articles/view-post/post/11713/Sims 3 Workshop Patterns Plugin Manual

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    SkyBindiSkyBindi Posts: 10 New Member
    edited July 2009
    hi all, ive been trying to download custom patterns from the exchange. I downloaded them successfully in my game, but when im playing i cant find what i downloaded anywhere. What should i do ?
  • Options
    RovieRovie Posts: 34 Member
    edited July 2009
    SkyBindi wrote:
    hi all, ive been trying to download custom patterns from the exchange. I downloaded them successfully in my game, but when im playing i cant find what i downloaded anywhere. What should i do ?

I'm having the same problem. I've gone to the Exchange, clicked on the ones I wanted, they went in to the launcher, I've installed them, but I can't find them anywhere in my game. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!! :)
  • Options
    Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited July 2009
    Rovie wrote:
    SkyBindi wrote:

I'm having the same problem. I've gone to the Exchange, clicked on the ones I wanted, they went in to the launcher, I've installed them, but I can't find them anywhere in my game. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!! :)

You're not doing anything wrong. It's the people who are uploading the new patterns who are doing it wrong. They are not uploading them as .sim3packs so they won't work in the game UNLESS they are on objects or clothing. For example, if you see a t-shirt you like in the Exchange, download it and you will have the shirt and the pattern and will be free to use the pattern on anything you want. It works this way because putting the pattern ON an item or clothing and then uploading it to the Exchange turns that pattern into a .sims3pack which does work/show up in the game.

So what I have to do is look thru clothing or objects and when I find a pattern I like, I download it just to get the pattern. You can then delete the item and you will still have the pattern. :-)

Good luck :-)
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • Options
    RovieRovie Posts: 34 Member
    edited July 2009
    Akila906 wrote:
    Rovie wrote:
    SkyBindi wrote:

You're not doing anything wrong. It's the people who are uploading the new patterns who are doing it wrong. They are not uploading them as .sim3packs so they won't work in the game UNLESS they are on objects or clothing. For example, if you see a t-shirt you like in the Exchange, download it and you will have the shirt and the pattern and will be free to use the pattern on anything you want. It works this way because putting the pattern ON an item or clothing and then uploading it to the Exchange turns that pattern into a .sims3pack which does work/show up in the game.

So what I have to do is look thru clothing or objects and when I find a pattern I like, I download it just to get the pattern. You can then delete the item and you will still have the pattern. :-)

Good luck :-)

Thanks so much! Guess you know what I'll be doing in a minute!! :)
  • Options
    SimsprocfunSimsprocfun Posts: 1,499 Member
    edited July 2009
    Hello starlight74! Here is the whole guide with programs and tutorials how to create custom patterns. There is an youtube tutorials as well. I hope it helps!
    Happy creating!
  • Options
    IncomingVirusIncomingVirus Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited December 2011
    I need some help installing my own patterns. I made some custom patterns with the CAP tool that I downloaded but now I don't know how to install them into my game. I saved them in my downloads folder but they still don't show up in my game. They are saved as a "CAP File" in the downloads folder. How do I get them to show up in my game?
    35a41sn.gif
  • Options
    dondoom56dondoom56 Posts: 1 New Member
    anybody know how to add patterns to clothing in sims 3
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Are you asking how to make your own custom patterns? If so, check here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/create-a-pattern

If you are asking how to apply patterns in-game, that's a different answer but longer to reply to so maybe you could clarify what you're attempting to do. :)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!