Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I DON'T LIKE THE SIMS 3 GRAPHICS !!!

DinoWiz0DinoWiz0 Posts: 111 New Member
SIMS 3 GRAPHICS

Firstly, The SIMS 3 graphics are obviously and definitely not as GOOD, DETAILED AND CLEAR as the SIMS 2 graphics. I don't like the look/appearance of the graphics and the graphics itself. The Sims 3 graphics are just too cartoonish and simplified and as if frmo the 1990s--the Sims 3 graphics are like the original Sims 1 series only slightly better. I think i read somewhere in a Sims 3 article that the Sims development team could not use Sims 2 graphics for Sims 3 because Sims 3 is an open neighbourhood and Sims 2 graphics would cause a lot of lag in a Sims 3 game. Somehow I wished they used Sims 2 graphics for the Sims 3 game !!!!

This has noting to do with my graphics card !! I can play Sims 3 smoothly and there are no black or blue areas and i can see everything clearly.

APPEARANCE OF SIMS 3 CHARACTERS

Secondly, i hated the appearance/the look of the Sims characters in Sims 3---again too cartoonish and simple. The appearance of the Sims in Sims 2 was MUCH more human-like and MUCH more realistic and MUCH PRETTIER/HANDSOME. Although in Sims 3 there is more flexibility and choice in controlling how your Sims look like (for example, morbidly fat to skeletal thin, different skin colours like red, green, blue which are not available in Sims 2), i wished the Sims development team had incorporated those parameters in the Sims 2 game in the first place.

Comments

• Options
    LawertendLawertend Posts: 5,144 New Member
    edited June 2009
    With TS3 Graphics, I find them far superior to TS2 graphics. Can your computer support playing at least half way graphics? Because low end graphics with TS3, doesn't let you see the game's true potential.
  • Options
    james123433james123433 Posts: 382 Member
    edited June 2009
    s.jpg
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited June 2009
    566the20sims1.jpg

Oh yes, TS3 graphics look just like this one from TS1 hmmmm?
  • Options
    Amorxoxo3Amorxoxo3 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think I know what you are trying to say - it has really nothing to do with the graphics per se, but the actual "LOOK" of the Sims 3! I completely agree with you, they all look pudgy and cartoonish. :shock: In Sims 2 I used to be able to manipulate the face of a Sim to such a degree that I could make them look like actual real people I know. I tried this with Sims 3 and could not make them resemble anyone, not even in the very least... There are certain facial options that are not available in Sims 3 to manipulate that were available in Sims 2. I am deeply disappointed with Sims 3 in this aspect and still love my Sims 2!!
  • Options
    SimaticsimsSimaticsims Posts: 69 Member
    edited June 2009
    I think the problem is many players do not have a graphics card that can handle the best graphic quality of the Sims 3. I for one have it on max and it looks amazing.

I'm not suggesting everyone go run out and spend $300.00 on a vid card...but please consider you may not have the best computer/graphics card available before trashing the sims graphics and making another troll post.

As for the characters looks, yes they do look more "pudgy" but I think they look much more alive, especially their eyes. I was a fan of the Sims 2 cartoon look as well...but I don't think they look bad, just different. Play with CAS a bit more. It's not a cut and paste kinda character creator, you really have to take your time.
  • Options
    iMaGiNaRy_xiiiiMaGiNaRy_xiii Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I completely agree. I too have felt the pangs of frustration when modifying facial features in the Sim creator. So I sympathize with you for that.

Graphics wise, the game is far superior to its predecessors, I can even tell that much despite my current graphics card not executing the game to its fullest potential.

All other minor complaints aside the only major flaw on the grounds of aesthetics is the cartoonish faces on the Sims; which is, unfortunately for me, something that will prove to be a major turn off for this installment and its following expansion packs. Poor character design always kills a game. That doubly applies in the case of this game. It's a shame.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Amorxoxo3 wrote:
    I think I know what you are trying to say - it has really nothing to do with the graphics per se, but the actual "LOOK" of the Sims 3! I completely agree with you, they all look pudgy and cartoonish. :shock: In Sims 2 I used to be able to manipulate the face of a Sim to such a degree that I could make them look like actual real people I know. I tried this with Sims 3 and could not make them resemble anyone, not even in the very least... There are certain facial options that are not available in Sims 3 to manipulate that were available in Sims 2. I am deeply disappointed with Sims 3 in this aspect and still love my Sims 2!!

What i was trying to say was expressed CORRECTLY and to the POINT by AMORXOXO3. I do not like the LOOK of the Sims 3 graphics. Even though the graphics in Sims 3 is nice and clear, i still prefer the NICER Sims 2 graphics and also the more realistic look of the Sims 2 graphics
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I completely agree. I too have felt the pangs of frustration when modifying facial features in the Sim creator. So I sympathize with you for that.

Graphics wise, the game is far superior to its predecessors, I can even tell that much despite my current graphics card not executing the game to its fullest potential.

All other minor complaints aside the only major flaw on the grounds of aesthetics is the cartoonish faces on the Sims; which is, unfortunately for me, something that will prove to be a major turn off for this installment and its following expansion packs. Poor character design always kills a game. That doubly applies in the case of this game. It's a shame.

Well said iMaGiNaRy_xiii !! You expressed exactly how i felt i a better way!
  • Options
    machomuumachomuu Posts: 22 Member
    edited June 2009
    DinoWiz0 wrote:
    Amorxoxo3 wrote:

What i was trying to say was expressed CORRECTLY and to the POINT by AMORXOXO3. I do not like the LOOK of the Sims 3 graphics. Even though the graphics in Sims 3 is nice and clear, i still prefer the NICER Sims 2 graphics and also the more realistic look of the Sims 2 graphics
    But the fact is, they are more realistic now, not by opinion, but by fact. While I may sound like a know it all right now, it's the truth. Their facial expressions and bodily features are more realistic however you like the looks of the sims less now, although I do understand what you mean, it's the fact that it takes time and effort to make beautiful sims, but the sims, in my opinion, looked better in the sims 2, just look at Bella, while they did make the facial and bodily figures look less poliganal, I like the old Bella more.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    To machomuu

Your OPINION is NOT NOT NOT fact. iMaGiNaRy_xiii and Amorxoxo3
    and I do not agree with you.

3 AGAINST 1.

machomuu , Everyone is entitled to their very own opinions-you don’t have to agree or disagree with me- but , like everyone else, give me the chance to voice out mine. I have my opinion. You have yours. Why can't you respect that? No one is right or wrong !!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    DinoWiz0 wrote:
    To machomuu

Your OPINION is NOT NOT NOT fact. iMaGiNaRy_xiii and Amorxoxo3
    and I do not agree with you.

3 AGAINST 1.

machomuu , I have my opinion. You have yours. Why can't you respect that? No one is right or wrong !!
    It's not my opinion. Fact is, TS2 sims didn't have spines and iMaGiNaRy_xiii and Amorxoxo3 never said the graphics were better, but they said they liked them more, in other words, theiy're not wrong, I agree with them. Also, majority doesn't declare right or wrong
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    i agree majority doesn't declare right or wrong .

I have to disagree about your "fact".

• Options
    twilightbeautytwilightbeauty Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i totally agree with this because have you noticed how the sims3 sims walk they are kind of slow and rigid while the sims 2 sims walk more smoothly and fluidly.
  • Options
    comicalcupcakecomicalcupcake Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think overall the graphics in TS3 are vastly superior. However, I do miss certain options in making the sims' faces. It seems like the faces in this game are wider than they are tall, and the features tend to be a little squished. One thing I liked about TS2 was how you could take a facial feature to the extreme (say, chin length) and then go work on a different area of the face, and when you came back to the chin, the tabs were reset so you could then make the chin even longer. There is not as much potential for extremes in this one. Oh well, a minor issue in an otherwise beautiful game!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    i totally agree with this because have you noticed how the sims3 sims walk they are kind of slow and rigid while the sims 2 sims walk more smoothly and fluidly.

OH MY GOD! YES!!! YOU ARE RIGHT!

Another example of why Sims 2 graphics and ANIMATIONS are BETTER and CLEARER and more DETAILED!

"Poor cartoonish character DESIGN and ANIMATION always kills a game. That doubtly applies in the case of this game. It's a shame."
  • Options
    comicalcupcakecomicalcupcake Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Oh also, for some people their graphics card had no problem with TS2, but it struggles with line smoothing and antialiasing on TS3 because there is so much more detail to render. That's not a game flaw, people just need better video cards.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    DinoWiz0 wrote:
    i agree majority doesn't declare right or wrong .

I have to disagree about your "fact".
    It's not my fact and I agree with prefer how the sims looked in TS2, however, the overall graphics look better :D.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    ""It's not my fact and I agree with prefer how the sims looked in TS2, however, the overall graphics look better :D.""- By machomuu

It is not a fact. Even though it is not YOUR fact but from an article you read. it is the author of the article 's OPINION. :D:D:D

• Options
    SittingDuck119SittingDuck119 Posts: 177 Member
    edited June 2009
    I lol'd at this thread.
    Buy a better computer Dinowiz. Problem solved.
    If you like good performance and visuals for your games, you gotta have the deck to run it. I am able to run both Sims 2 and Sims 3 at max settings, and Sims 3 wins by far.
  • Options
    CobbyCobby Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The backgrounds are much better as is the fine detail...

I find I can make attractive Sims if I make them as skinny as possible and in some cases, lower and raise the face. (I didn't think the Sim's 2 characters were that attractive until they were modded by other users either.)

Also, you can make your computer screen a little skinnier as well...I notice on my wide screen tv the faces are stretched out in an unattracttve manner.
  • Options
    Guro_ChanGuro_Chan Posts: 20 New Member
    edited June 2009
    That's odd, my sims certainly don't move in a rigid way. In fact, they move rather fluidly and smoothly. I personally have gotten used to the sims 3 faces, and I like both equally. It's just a different style, but it doesn't make me throw my fists and rage. All I can say is, if you don't care for the style, then perhaps you should just play the sims 2 instead? I can't think of any other solution, until people like "mod the sims 2" and the like design the faces you enjoy.

I don't mean this in a "well if you don't like it, **** it!" way. Just in a "why force yourself to play something you don't like?" way. If you don't enjoy the game, I'm sure you can sell it on ebay or just return it to the store. Perhaps you can exchange it for sims 2 expansion packs?
  • Options
    amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited June 2009
    I hate the way the Sims people look now. Ugh. I would rather play Sims2 simply because of them. Everything else is wonderful. Double Ugh... They are ugly as #$#@$# no matter what you do to them.
  • Options
    lovesimslovesims Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think I know what the issue is here. The Objects (house things so and so on are perfect). However the issue is with the actual sims. They need to be taller and I think sims 3 producer should have use some custom skins out there as they looked more realistic.
  • Options
    lovesimslovesims Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    But to add to this. I can't get over the water effect. Beautiful!! Please make the sims taller, far too short