Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Loyalty between couples just not there

I have been playing the Sims for many years and have all expansion packs except Ambitions. My issue is that almost all of the couples I create in CAS from girlfriend/boyfriend to married couples don't seem to want to be together. I tend to play Riverview the most and I find that basically on the first day when townies arrive to welcome them to the neighborhood, usually the male but not always, become attracted to one of the townies by first rolling the 'ask sign' wish then responding and sometimes reciprocating the romantic interactions. Even the ones who at first seem to reject the romantic interaction will eventually roll the 'group up with' interaction. I've tried matching traits and star signs as well as using opposite traits and star signs. If not on the first day it happens constantly in the game whenever they are out and about and townies will come up to them, usually with the flirty trait but not always. I know alot of people love the drama of this but I enjoy the building and decorating mode the best and doing so for a lovely young couple who want a family. Needless to say this problem puts a serious damper on this. Am I doing something wrong? Tried making single sims but they always seem to hook up with townies and not who I wish they would hook up with.

Comments

• Options
    BigBadMushroomBigBadMushroom Posts: 730 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Use cheats if you really want to control the game (master controller..etc).
    The game is suppose to have people who aren't meant to be and who are.
  • Options
    BabiskoBabisko Posts: 1,290 Member
    edited January 2012
    Just don't go through with the want, and have them avoid the sim that they rolled it for. Are your sims family oriented? Do they have the hopeless romantic or flirty trait? Those last two are more than likely the cause of the unfaithful wants of your sims, if they have them.
    We are now the knights who say Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptangya Zoooooooom Boing Ni!
  • Options
    mercifullynewmercifullynew Posts: 103 Member
    edited January 2012
    I know, I find this really annoying as well. My sims are always wanting to know the signs of other sims. I don't understand why because I haven't noticed a difference in traits.
  • Options
    knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited January 2012
    IMO, rolling a wish to group up with another sim or to ask their sign doesn't mean they have romantic desires for that sim. My sims roll wishes like that all the time as well as wanting to know more of someone's traits. I just take it as a desire to get to know the other sim. Also, my sims don't get all flirty just from asking the sign or if they are single.

I only assume the wish is romantic when the sim wishes to kiss, woohoo, date, amorously hug, etc the other sim.
  • Options
    Queenie08Queenie08 Posts: 7,588 Member
    edited January 2012
    What knt1229 said :wink:
  • Options
    SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited January 2012
    Hm I don't know, it may be the traits you picked o: flirty, hopeless romantics and great kissers seem to always be the out and about goers. My commitment issues sims seem to be more settled down than them. But my sims are doing well so far, my currently married couple is always chatting and being lovey dovey. Their grown daughters have also been with their high school loves into their adult years and doing well. But I seem to have a half and half balance.
  • Options
    supergreensupergreen Posts: 29 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Thanks to everyone for replying to my post so promptly. I no longer choose any of the traits that are 'risky' such as flirty hopeless romantic ...even schmoozer. When I choose family oriented and nurturing traits it still happens. I have let my sims go with their wishes for asking the sign etc.and it seems okay at first. Example..my married male sim wished to know Fatima Simovitch's sign when he met her so I went with it, no problems at first but when he was later invited to a party at their house he never came home. He was tired, hungry and dirty but he just stayed and stayed sleeping on their lounge chair in the backyard. Finally I sent his wife over with their newborn to break up lol. It seems to happen regularly when they encounter Hannah Jones,Fatima,Constance Shelley, Nadine Ivanov, Rayna Kaminiski, Ruby Broke..dang just near every chick in Riverwview. I'm starting to think EA has endowed the townies with something 'extra'. Also I allow them total free will as I prefer not to be a total control freak. I would just like them to go anywhere, meet anyone without having to worry about this!!