The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't download from Sims3 Store to MacBook

Hi folks, I got Sims3 Pets for Christmas and thought I'd do some housekeeping and register all my expansions online and collect my free gifts.

Unfortunately each time I try to download a freegift I get a long confusing technical message and then the downloader crashes. The store says I have downloaded these items but none of them appear in my list of downloads in my game launcher or in the game.

I also have the Horses of Doom freezingcrashing my game so I'm reading through those threads (grim reading) but can anyone suggest a fix for this download issue?

Thanks,
Rhiannon

Comments

• Options
    brogantatebrogantate Posts: 6
    edited January 2012
    hey! i might have a solution for your horse freezing probs, i had the same issue and was running leopard 10.5.8, i upgraded my operating system to snow leopard 10.6.8 and now my game doesnt freeze, which is great! however this doesnt work for everyone, and snow leopard is expensive, i only upgraded because i manage to get hold of the disk for free as some family friends had recently upgraded their computer and kindly said i could do mine too. anyways....the reason i found your thread is because since i updated to 10.6.8...all my cc has dissapeared!
  • Options
    secretrebelsecretrebel Posts: 4
    edited January 2012
    Thanks for posting, brogantate.

I decided I'd bite on the bullet and get Snow Leopard (since Apple are telling me I'd need to be on Lion if I wanted to transfer time machine backups to an iMac if I decide to get one) and other people here had reported Snow Leopard fixing the Horse Freeze.

Aaaaaand... it arrived, I installed it, and all my Sims problems have vanished.

Custom content now downloads!
    Wandering horses no longer crash the game!
    I can make my own horses! WHOO HOO!

So Snow Leopard fixed my issue.

Your custom content issue is a pain though. Can you restore it using time machine? Or download it again from your purchase history on the store?