Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Pets Horses keep freezing my game! Help!!!

I've tried and tried but every time I try to create, adopt, or even look for a horse my game freezes up and I have to turn off my mac. No error messages or anything! The ambient sounds keep going and the cursor moves, but I cant click on anything. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice. I'm running a mac OS X Version 10.5.8. Any suggestions? Its REALLY frustrating me... :(

Comments

• Options
    LyricalSongstressLyricalSongstress Posts: 23 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Yep, I have the exact same problem, exact same computer (KUDOS! :D).
    I wish I could help a bit more, but the only suggestions that have been given to me are a) upgrading the system on your Mac; or b) waiting for a patch that is *supposedly* on the way.
    I will be upgrading my system soon, and if that doesn't work, I might start running Windows on Bootcamp, see if that makes a change.
    It's most likely an issue with the coding, and not necessarily your computer (and specs), seeing as how it's a specific issue with the horses... I think waiting for a patch is the best way to go, which would mean that you *can* still play Pets, but you'll have to be wary of the horses. :? Yeah, it's a pain, but at least the game is still playable, right? :roll:
    I wish you luck with your game; keep your fingers crossed for some sort of fix!
  • Options
    wearegoldenwearegolden Posts: 10
    edited December 2011
    I had the same problem!! With the same computer!! I JUST bought snow leopard 10.6.3 and now the game with horses works BEAUTIFULLY! I'm so happy this fixed it!!! Snow leopard can be purchased on the apple website for like 29 bucks! I can finally play with horsies! =D
  • Options
    LyricalSongstressLyricalSongstress Posts: 23 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Aha, I had a feeling it had something to do with the specs. I *will* be upgrading then, I've heard alot of people have resolved the problems. :)
  • Options
    SkwinkSkwink Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    If Snow Leopard makes it work, would Lion? I'm already using Lion but I don't want to buy Pets for it just not to work.
  • Options
    lilrosebud211lilrosebud211 Posts: 47
    edited December 2011
    I hear lion makes it worse... you just gotta wait for the patch like the rest of us :( EA S*CKS B*LLS