Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Creature Id like to see! Lets have a General Discussion about it!

Id like to see a sea/lake monster as a creature when they open up the oceans! Id love for my sims to discover the loch ness monster, the ogopogo or champ :D

Your sim could get new wishes like "Want to see <insert monster name here>"
and "befriend <insert monster name here>"
It could also give your sims moodlets depending on their traits like paranoid sims could go to the beach and get a moodlet "being watch by <insert monster name here>". Or just any sim could get the moodlet "WOW! Just saw a(n) <insert monster name here>" if theyre swimming they could get a moodlet like "ow! Something just bit me! was it a(n) <insert monster name here>?"
What do you think?

Nessie: loch_ness_monster_05.jpg

Ogopogo: ogopogo7.jpg

Champ: 7016dd30-0fda-4ee2-be98-44346af3a535.gif

(btw, nessie resides in loch ness scotland, ogopogo in Okanagan Lake british columbia, and champ in lake champlain vermont&newyork usa)

EDIT: Like someone suggested, maybe not a full creature, but just something to bring humor into the game :D

Comments

• Options
    SpeggySpeggy Posts: 406 New Member
    edited December 2011
    It'll be pretty cool if you see random creatures emerging from the waters in Sims. Lol
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited December 2011
    If it means our Sims could swim in the ocean and possibly be eaten by the creature, that would be awesome! (Sorry, I don't mean that to sound morbid, just funny.)
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited December 2011
    snurfles wrote:
    If it means our Sims could swim in the ocean and possibly be eaten by the creature, that would be awesome! (Sorry, I don't mean that to sound morbid, just funny.)

I share your humor and agree it would be funny! :mrgreen:

I'm not really a morbid person, but I sort of am when it comes to my sims sometimes.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    sereia8sereia8 Posts: 2,333 New Member
    edited December 2011
    Whatever it is will probably be some cardboard cutout like Bigfoot. Budget cutbacks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yes! I would love to see that! Or maybe something like Sims Medieval where you can fight the monster and get like some amazing moodlets or something!
  • Options
    XKidsInLoveXXKidsInLoveX Posts: 4,910 Member
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow! Im shocked so many people like this idea! I put it in ideas and feedback and no one wanted to comment on it lol. I just think it would be neat :D
  • Options
    KaytieZanKaytieZan Posts: 56
    edited December 2011
    ya that would be pretty awesome to see some crazy creature swimming in the ocean on the sims 3!!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow! Im shocked so many people like this idea! I put it in ideas and feedback and no one wanted to comment on it lol. I just think it would be neat :D

That place is always deserted :lol: That's why no one likes it when their thread gets moved there...

But I think that would be a pretty awesome little easter egg. Not sure about it being the major creature in an EP simply because there wouldn't be a whole lot to do with it...But it would be cool if your sim could go to a lake and use a telescope to "Search for the Loch Sim Monster." And then if they have a high enough logic skill they would have a higher chance of seeing it and they could get a little moodlet for it. Or they could get a different moodlet that's something like "Saw something suspicious."
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited December 2011
    :shock:
    This is funny. I'm watching Unsolved Mysteries and they just profiled Ogopogo!

:)
    :) Smile!

• Options
    betty_me13betty_me13 Posts: 3,285 New Member
    edited December 2011
    No sims 1 fans? You guys have to remember Nessie!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHVnPtqclp0IZIjUnpvys6Th3uVw-PFtBiodbY2Be81tE8AtBwIrHv-dgBjQ
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    bump guys?
  • Options
    SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited December 2011
    el chupacabra
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    GregzzGregzz Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    I'd like to see them create some Tibetan Spaniels, sable and black
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    el chupacabra

Haha, man eating goat?
  • Options
    shogunfishshogunfish Posts: 10,167 Member
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be cool to have a yetti.
    Sims could marry it (as weird as that would be) and it would never wear clothes, just fur. It could come in brown and white, and half yettis would be hairy but have to wear clothes. When your sim interacted with it they could become cold (since yettis are abomidable snowmen afterall)

Or mermaids. They would have to live in the ocean, a pond, or a swimming pool. You could have your sim fall in love with it at the ocean and then carry it home (which would bring the interaction of sims carrying sims, which would be like leap into arms except the sim could then walk) the mermaid could jump between pools, ponds, oceans, and hot tubs if they were placed less than two spaces apart. There would have to be special underwater furniture for the mermaid to use.
    tumblr_mvnzkbN6yD1ric1guo1_1280.png
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    betty_me13 wrote:
    No sims 1 fans? You guys have to remember Nessie!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHVnPtqclp0IZIjUnpvys6Th3uVw-PFtBiodbY2Be81tE8AtBwIrHv-dgBjQ

I play sims1 too but I was too young to remember much about the game actually.. But wow! Look it's Nessie! <3
  • Options
    shogunfishshogunfish Posts: 10,167 Member
    edited December 2011
    I only played the sims 1 a couple of times at my friends houses, so I had no idea that there was a sea monster! That's cool!
    tumblr_mvnzkbN6yD1ric1guo1_1280.png
  • Options
    mrsmilesalotmrsmilesalot Posts: 3,108 Member
    edited December 2011
    centaur. Like a horse, but faster. It can shoot arrows, but not at other sims, or that would raise the game rating. Also can improve skills 10x faster then other horses. Like unicorns i guess. Without the powers.
  • Options
    NofravellNofravell Posts: 975 Member
    edited December 2011
    I'd like minidragons and adoptable racoons. :D