Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When teens are grounded, how are they suppose to goto school?

Hi,

I have two teens that are grounded and there parents are not letting them go out, even for school. They then also get into more trouble for now skipping. When they couldn't even be allow to go in the first place.

Is there a way they can goto school with being grounded?

Comments

• Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited November 2011
    Nope. They only get in trouble for it.

Something EA overlooked, really.
  • Options
    LOLitzmeLOLitzme Posts: 485 Member
    edited November 2011
    Sadly I can't help, but I agree it's so annoying! :evil: I don't think there's a way to get grounded sims to school without facing the wrath of their parents, at least I don't know any... :cry:
  • Options
    HayleyBofDEHayleyBofDE Posts: 244 Member
    edited November 2011
    Nope. They only get in trouble for it.

Something EA overlooked, really.

Ok.

Do you know, if there will be more problems if they fail all the way?

I remember with Sims 1 they were taken away.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited November 2011
    They can go to school but I think its annoying if they get caught again the parent will drop everything including there job to drive home to punish them. They need to fix it so that doesn't override work.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    MykalaplyMykalaply Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited November 2011
    This is very annoying, I know, but what I do is have the grounded teen sneak out and upon returning home, I have them go straight to their room click on the door of the room choose lock for everyone but myself when the parent tries to scold them the door will be locked. I keep the teen there until the scolding option disappears. hope this helps. :D
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited November 2011
    Mykalaply wrote:
    This is very annoying, I know, but what I do is have the grounded teen sneak out and upon returning home, I have them go straight to their room click on the door of the room choose lock for everyone but myself when the parent tries to scold them the door will be locked. I keep the teen there until the scolding option disappears. hope this helps. :D

Great idea! I always forget that we can lock the doors.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited November 2011
    I just have my teen walk to the edge of the property. Then, I have them go over it. Once over, I click "go to school."

The parents can't respond fast enough to the teen leaving, because the teen only took one step, and got off the property. That works every time, for me.

Either that, or have the parents go off to the grocery store or something, and then the teen can leave. I haven't had any parents come back home to scold the teen for that.
  • Options
    AmagirlAmagirl Posts: 2,525 Member
    edited November 2011
    Got the answer!!

Type in testingcheatsenabled true in the cheat box
    then ctrl + left click on the grounded moodlet, and poof!! It's gone!
    Either that or make the parent let them off the hook
    (I think that only comes with generations :?)
  • Options
    pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    edited November 2011
    I just teleport my teens to school if they are in trouble.
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited November 2011
    It's so ironic. rather than having the teens skip school they sneak off to school. :roll:
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited November 2011
    Its also stupid if they are like 1 minute late they get in trouble. :roll:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Mykalaply wrote:

I'll give that a try. Thank you. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Mykalaply wrote:

I tried that last night and it worked out great. Thank you so much. :D
  • Options
    Magic_DancerMagic_Dancer Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited November 2011
    Frn0731 wrote:
    It's so ironic. rather than having the teens skip school they sneak off to school. :roll:

How true. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amagirl wrote:
    Got the answer!!

Type in testingcheatsenabled true in the cheat box
    then ctrl + left click on the grounded moodlet, and poof!! It's gone!
    Either that or make the parent let them off the hook
    (I think that only comes with generations :?)

I finally used that last night. That helped out in so many ways. Thank you for bring it up . :)
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited December 2011
    I use Twallan's MC to increase their school performance. It's under Intermediate --> Careers --> School Performance. I give them a 100, which is an A. The parents are less likely to punish a teen who is getting straight A's. And if nothing else, they won't fail school.

This problem makes me wonder whether EA ever tests anything before releasing it in an EP. :roll:
    Origin ID: nik24x7