Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims have more money than ever

Simply by virtue of the fact I find it much harder to decorate now.
No, let me rephrase that, I find it slower to decorate - sitting and matching colours.
And buying groceries from the shop (though to be honest, my sims mainly live off of leftover cake)means I just spend the same basic amount regularly.

Any of you found this?
I mean, I'm on the third gen of my legacy family and they have 80,000, first gen and her husband were journalists and now second gen and his wife just have part time jobs.

Comments

• Options
    vera_blakevera_blake Posts: 3,016 New Member
    edited July 2009
    yes... and food is cooked better with ingredients u get from the shp yourself.
  • Options
    rredrred Posts: 1,274 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Wow, way to rub it in!!! :mrgreen:

My founder was a writer who was getting close to $50,000 in royalties so I had my house and everything built by my first generation.

Now his kids pretty much live on their own jobs and all of his leftovers.

Let's just say they don't want for anything. :)
  • Options
    SomnileeSomnilee Posts: 49 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Haha, sorry, I wasn't trying to rub anything in :3
    I only noticed it this morning, I was like 'Why have I got that much?'
    Normally in legacies I redecorate the house between generations too, but I really like mine at the moment - except random sims have decided my lot is perfect to walk through to get to the waterfall XD

Edit: Also, spooky coincidence - my legacy family are called the Edwards too! O:
  • Options
    rredrred Posts: 1,274 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Somnilee wrote:
    Haha, sorry, I wasn't trying to rub anything in :3
    I only noticed it this morning, I was like 'Why have I got that much?'
    Normally in legacies I redecorate the house between generations too, but I really like mine at the moment - except random sims have decided my lot is perfect to walk through to get to the waterfall XD

Edit: Also, spooky coincidence - my legacy family are called the Edwards too! O:

Haha. That must be nice having random sims walk through your lot. :)

Funny coincidence. I think it must be a common name. Do you have a blog?
  • Options
    ToffeeandApplesToffeeandApples Posts: 241 New Member
    edited July 2009
    2nd generation just made it to young adult, 130,000 in the bank. Gotta love the medical career and squirreling away money :P
  • Options
    Tenshi3Tenshi3 Posts: 2,653 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I picked up a mod to increase the bills. It makes it more realistic and means you at least have to think about earning some money every now and then.
  • Options
    Darkstone1953Darkstone1953 Posts: 31 Member
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, I always buy a partnership out of my starting money.

With the journalism career I can zip off 2-5 articles a day and stack up the royalties. (They count the same as a book, except you don’t get advances while writing them.)

Selling fish and produce really adds up too.

Then I buy more partnerships and businesses, and eventually I’m pulling in almost 70K a week without any work except going to pick up the money.

Money is so easy with Sims 3.

• Options
    BooHoo2U2BooBooBooHoo2U2BooBoo Posts: 1,335 New Member
    edited July 2009

Money is too easy with Sims 3.
  • Options
    Darkstone1953Darkstone1953 Posts: 31 Member
    edited July 2009

Just give it to charity.
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Just give it to charity.

No matter how much money my sims give away, or spend, the point is, it's still too easy to make money in this game. It really spoils my enjoyment of the game when all my families are successful and "rolling in simoleons". It provides very little sense of accomplishment when rewards are given too easily.
  • Options
    XxXTaylor18XxXXxXTaylor18XxX Posts: 25 New Member
    edited July 2009
    My main family (not a legacy) has like 3.5 million. I used no money cheats, the only cheat I use is the "Make All Happy" one. The mother in the family stays home writing masterpieces all day, and the father is Leader of the Free World. A good amount of the money also comed from the farm of money trees out back (:
  • Options
    mcgillvymcgillvy Posts: 721 New Member
    edited July 2009

Just give it to charity.

No matter how much money my sims give away, or spend, the point is, it's still too easy to make money in this game. It really spoils my enjoyment of the game when all my families are successful and "rolling in simoleons". It provides very little sense of accomplishment when rewards are given too easily.

My solution is spliting up houses when the children move out, they then get a portion of the money. Or, buy cars, activate a klepto sim, and have them continuously steal them.

~~

• Options
    edited July 2009
    TS2 wasn't any more challenging. It's not like it is unexpected.
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited July 2009
    My Legacy family just broke $1 million during the third generation. Everyone is writing Romance novels.:)
  • Options
    plenilunesplenilunes Posts: 296 Member
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, money is easy to get.
    There are a lot of ways to get rid of your money, like buying things in the town or buying expensive cars.
    I usually do things like that because I don't like all that extra money.
  • Options
    judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited July 2009
    :-o I must be still doing something wrong cause my family definitely is not rolling in money! They're not dirt poor anymore and they have 45,000 saved up in cash for a future home upgrade, but it has taken forever to get this stashed away! Of course, it didn't help that when their oldest son moved out he took 15,000 with him and now he and wife Bella have a nice new little completely furninshed home! I hope they appreciate all the hard work his parents put into coming up with that cash for him... plus before he moved out, he spent a big wad of cash on a partnership in the theatre! Guess that shows where all my family's money has went... right to the kids!!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Tenshi3 wrote:
    TS2 wasn't any more challenging. It's not like it is unexpected.

I never had wealthy sims in Sims 2. I had families who struggled to pay the bills -- just like in real life. I did have a few families who worked hard and achieved a modest amount of success... and, well, OK, I did have a couple families who became fairly well-to-do, but only after a lot of hard work and a few lucky breaks.

For me, simming is all about the stories my sims have to tell, and good stories involve struggle, conflict, and obstacles.

It's only my opinion, of course, but I still say it's far too easy for sims to make money in Sims 3.
  • Options
    judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited July 2009
    I think it's all up to how you choose to play and use those money resources? My sims have not planted any money trees, invested in only one or two partnerships, basically they just make the money their jobs pay them, they also haven't planted huge gardens or fished constantly.
  • Options
    sjsimmy02sjsimmy02 Posts: 190 Member
    edited July 2009
    I think money is easy, but I agree, have money to burn. Then buy the non-heirs a house.
  • Options
    cheddarfish6cheddarfish6 Posts: 79 Member
    edited July 2009
    My very first sim family that i created started with a husband and wife (not a legacy). They had three kids, in which two moved out later on. but at an arly age, the sim that i had stay in the house to then raise the next generation, was writing when he was a child. he only makes about 6,000 in royalties a week but by the time generation three came around, my original two sims were at the top of their career. The husband(An elder now at 102 days old) was a master theif when he retired. Adn the wife (dead now :() was an international super spy. i didnt use any money cheats to expand the house or to give them more stuff, i used the money they earned. If i hadnt expanded the whole house, i would probably have over 200,000 in the bank. But i only have 60000 in the bank. I could also have about 115,000 in the bank if i hadnt bought two partnerships. So all together if i hadnt expanded the house or bought partnerships, i would have over 350,000 in the bank right now.

So actually it is becoming easier to gain money in the sims3.

Although, I'm doing the Asylum challenge, and my sim is at level 6 in her career bringing the only source of income for all 8 members and she has to pay the bills, buy groceries, replace the stove when it catches on fire. Which insurance only gives like 120 for a 440 simoleon stove. And all that is making it tough on her. So we only really have about 5,000 in the bank. On the plus side though, the meetings she gets to hold give her an extra 750 simoleons evry time she holds a meeting.

Hope this shows how easy and how hard it is to get cash in TS3

-Cheddar :wink:
  • Options
    simdosimdo Posts: 393 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I don't know about the food part, but my sim family's current fund total is over a million right now. In fact the last count that I took is that my sim family had nearly 1.2 million. That's more than the Alto's, Goth's, and Landgrabs have. And yet, my family is currently living in a little two bedroom place on the beach :!: :D How's that for family income :?: :!: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    UserSam7823UserSam7823 Posts: 404 New Member
    edited July 2009
    My Legacy founder is lvl 5 in the military and a single mom and they can barely get through the day!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    For me, simming is all about the stories my sims have to tell, and good stories involve struggle, conflict, and obstacles.

I agree entirely, but I've never had a family that didn't end up rich, Unless they didn't bother to work.
  • Options
    socontagious144socontagious144 Posts: 30 New Member
    edited July 2009
    simdo wrote:
    I don't know about the food part, but my sim family's current fund total is over a million right now. In fact the last count that I took is that my sim family had nearly 1.2 million. That's more than the Alto's, Goth's, and Landgrabs have. And yet, my family is currently living in a little two bedroom place on the beach :!: :D How's that for family income :?: :!: :mrgreen:

I play similarly. Just because they have thousands (or millions) in the bank doesn't mean my Sims have to live lavishly. Sometimes a cozy cottage is all they need!