Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Code Error 12?!

While trying to save my game I came across an error code?!?!

i cant save my game..
i did so much today. i dont wanna lose it all

any suggestions??

Comments

• Options
    PhantomhivePhantomhive Posts: 2,091 New Member
    edited July 2009
    First of all delete in...

C:\Documents and Settings\Phantomhive\Mis documentos\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves

your save files ended with ".BAD.sims3" ~
    For example, mine would be "Phantomhive.BAD.sims3". Delete it & then download CCleaner & run the Registry cleaner, it should fix some TS3 files.
    Although I'm very sorry to say that you'll need to close your game in order to do this.

I really really really... REALLY recommend you to save your game from time to time.
    It was your mistake for not saving the game as well as EA's for doing nothing about this error.
    This error is really common, it's just bad luck but I got it fixed with the instructions above.
  • Options
    unsecretcrushunsecretcrush Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited July 2009
    There's a text README file that gets installed along with the game that explains all those error codes. It doesn't explain how to fix them other than to contact Tech support and quote the exact error you got.
    Save-Related Error Messages
    Below are some error messages that you may see from the game.
    Please contact customer support if you encounter any of these errors.

01: No save file information.
    02: No active world.
    03: The save path is empty.
    04: Cannot save directory.
    05: Cannot find the requested file.
    09: Failed to create header record.
    10: Failed to write header record.
    11: Pre-save callback failure.
    12: World file save failure.
    13: Post-save callback failure.
    14: No load/save manager found.
    15: Other error. Sorry.

(Incidentally, the readme also includes a list of the cheat console commands, which is neat and I didn't notice until today.)
  • Options
    4katsuki4katsuki Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I had error code 13 a few times today, had to switch households and save it on a different family from the one i was playing and it worked :? still annoying though.
  • Options
    Marlon1217Marlon1217 Posts: 105 New Member
    edited July 2009
    First of all delete in...

C:\Documents and Settings\Phantomhive\Mis documentos\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves

your save files ended with ".BAD.sims3" ~
    For example, mine would be "Phantomhive.BAD.sims3". Delete it & then download CCleaner & run the Registry cleaner, it should fix some TS3 files.
    Although I'm very sorry to say that you'll need to close your game in order to do this.

I really really really... REALLY recommend you to save your game from time to time.
    It was your mistake for not saving the game as well as EA's for doing nothing about this error.
    This error is really common, it's just bad luck but I got it fixed with the instructions above.

wait but when i go to the C drive it only says: DELL, Drivers, Intel, PerfLogs, Program Files, Program Files (x86), Users, Windows. I can't find Documents and Settings in the C drive..
  • Options
    4katsuki4katsuki Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited July 2009
    think youve got to go on "users" to get to my documents..
  • Options
    Marlon1217Marlon1217 Posts: 105 New Member
    edited July 2009
    thank you all! i found it and got rid of the file hopefully it works! just gotta run CCleaner now

thank you!

although all of today's work are all gone. man i did so many things...

lesson learned. Save from time to time.
  • Options
    PhantomhivePhantomhive Posts: 2,091 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Marlon1217 wrote:
    thank you all! i found it and got rid of the file hopefully it works! just gotta run CCleaner now

thank you!

although all of today's work are all gone. man i did so many things...

lesson learned. Save from time to time.

Let us know if you fixed it ~
  • Options
    NatnieNatnie Posts: 24 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I've just closed a game which had Error 13. Had Sims 3 for some weeks now and it's the first time it's happened. I tried all online suggestions for things to do while the game is still running, but nothing worked. :(

Now I'm going to try toying around with the Save files. I'll report back if anything actually goes right.
  • Options
    freakingoddessfreakingoddess Posts: 253 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I'm curious if this worked or not. I've been having this same problem. One neighbhourhood I can't play anymore because if it, but my others are fine right now. What is CCleaner??
  • Options
    NatnieNatnie Posts: 24 New Member
    edited July 2009
    So far not so good.

Since I had just installed the Indie Stone mod when I got the error I removed it, but the error returned. So I reinstalled all my mods except the Awesome mod (which gave a "Flagrant System Error" shortly before today's Error Code 13). Haven't tried it yet but I'll let you know if I encounter the error again.