Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

talked to EA rep. about pets issues. patch info.

my mom gave me money to buy this stupid game as an early christmas present because i was having surgery, and she wanted there to be something for me to do. imagine how happy i was when it didn't work!
i've read the forums for weeks and i finally tried talking to an assistant on my own, so this is how it went.

Anil:
Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Anil how may I help you?

you:
I have the sims 3 pets and like most mac users the horses make the game freeze and whatever. is there going to be a patch to fix that soon?
you:
in the forums people are saying that snow leopard fixes the problem, should i just buy that? or will there be a patch so i don't have to waste my money

Anil:
No, please wait for some more time as we are working on this issue and soon there will be patch for that.
Anil:
Please be in contact for the updates over the patch.

you:
do you have an estimate of how much longer it is going to take for the patch?

Anil:
As there is no such update over the time limit but its release timing will be announced soon .
Anil:
Is there anything else I may help you with, today?

you:
so the sims website will announce when the patch will be released? like a few days soon? or a couple more weeks soon?

Anil:
It may take some more weeks might be 1 or 2.
Anil:
Yes , the information will be on sims website .

you:
so i should be waiting about a month for this problem to be fixed?

Anil:
I apologize for the disappointment caused due to this.
Anil:
But we are also working hard on these issues.
Anil:
And patches will take time to create,so It will take time as per needed.

you:
okay thank you

so basically this is what i figure.
EA sucks. this game should not have been released and we'll be seeing a patch in a month or two.
*THOSE OF YOU WITH SNOW LEOPARD
i should probably upgrade my 2009 iMac anyway, so if the game actually works for you let me know, also what model is your mac, and if you have any problems tell me as well. it will be much appreciated.
thank you.

Comments

• Options
    FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited November 2011
    I am sorry you are having issues with your game, especially as it was a special present, but my IMac is a 2009 model and I have no problem with the horses.

I have upgraded to Lion though.

I think the positive message from your talk to the EA rep was that they are working on a patch. It is disappointing that it has taken this long but then it would be worse if they release a premature patch that messes up something else - worse than usual I mean. :lol:
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited November 2011
    Likewise I upgraded to Lion and fixed the horse crash issue, but still having the "No Fur" issue with my pets game.
  • Options
    SimsFan619SimsFan619 Posts: 1,320
    edited November 2011
    It's good to read that they're working on a patch, but who knows how long it will take until it is actually released. I have an iMac which I believe is a 2009 model and I have Snow Leopard 10.6.8. on it. The problem that I've been experiencing is the "Exception error raised: Would you like to debug?" It's very annoying since I only get to play the game for about 5 minutes before it crashes to desktop. Fortunately, I'm not having problems with the graphics like other Mac users are having. Hopefully, all of these issues will be fixed soon with that upcoming patch.

P.S. I hope you are feeling well after your surgery. :)
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited November 2011
    I have a 2009 iMac as well. I have the 24" 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, and upgraded the RAM to 4 GB. My graphics card is the NVIDIA GeForce GT 130 with 512 MB VRAM.
    I bought this computer in June 2009, just before the game was out, so it came with 10.5.7 which I upgraded to 10.5.8 immediately.

For me upgrading to Snow Leopard 10.6.8 solved the crashing problem. I can now play with horses in my game without any freezing or crashing whenever there's a horse near my lot.

I do still have the "Exception Raised: Would you like to debug?" thing as well. Not very often, I can usually play for at least half an hour, sometimes even over two hours before I get the error.

I still get random freezing - usually either when I'm trying to click too fast and make my Sims do too many things in a row without pausing. Or switch patterns a bit too fast in CAS.

On a related CAS issue, my game dislikes it when I edit outfits or hair for too many Sims in a row. First my CAS goes weird (the Sim goes blurry except for the eyes), then my Sim goes all-black and then I get kicked out of the game.

My cats and dogs still don't have fluff.

And because the graphics quality seems to be actually a bit better now, they now have very noticeable 'lines' - and so do my Sims. You can really see very well where the 'outfit' meets the 'arms' on a strapless dress, and all my dogs and cats have lines around their ears, snout, tail, and any other part you can edit independently.

I'm happy to hear they're working on a patch, but I wish we had some kind of idea how long it will take. At this point I'd be happy just to have some kind of indication, even if it was really bad.

I know they're probably afraid to come here and say 'we will definitely have a patch before December 1st' or something like that - knowing it would unleash a storm of protest. But as far as I'm concerned, knowing I have to wait another three weeks, or a month even, is better than this not knowing anything at all.
  • Options
    DinosaurdammitDinosaurdammit Posts: 109
    edited November 2011
    Upgrading to SL may or may not solve your problem. As for a patch they keep saying 1 or 2 weeks. They tell you that to get us to leave them alone. Cuz I got the same answer like a month ago when it came out :/
  • Options
    jnsfurry2009jnsfurry2009 Posts: 220
    edited November 2011
    I have a brand new Mac, Like 2-3 months old, and EA basically told me they know nothing about Macs. They were like if you have windows we can help, but since you have a mac take it to an Apple Store and they'll fix it. I told Them they make the mac, but they don't make The Sims how are they going to help. Then he told me it was my disc, but it was installing fine and it wasn't the disc. And who they hell is going to pay, EA won't and Walmart won't refund it when it doesn't work either. They make me so MAD!