The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should i download riverview?

Should i download riverview or is it just a waste of space, or just not worth it?

Comments

• Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited July 2009
    not at all
  • Options
    mcgillvymcgillvy Posts: 721 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Yes, I did and I like it. It's a nice change of pace.

~~

• Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited July 2009
    I say download it. It gives you another town to play in.
  • Options
    McbeanMcbean Posts: 2,551 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Download it. You might get bored of Sunset Valley. Nothing against Sunset Valley, but it could happen. I've played Riverview for maybe an hour, but it helps me to sleep at night knowing that I've attained it.

Cheers.

Mcbean
  • Options
    lalalostlalalost Posts: 91 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Yes, i can't think of a reason not to.
  • Options
    plenilunesplenilunes Posts: 296 Member
    edited July 2009
    Go for it, there's no reason you shouldn't.

I downloaded it but I don't use it because I tend to stick with one family.
  • Options
    Queenie69Queenie69 Posts: 111 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Why not? It's free :lol:

Every sim you create, a copy goes into the family bin library. What I did, just to give the game a different flavour, was to create a couple and play them in Sunset Valley. Then I got a little fed up with the direction they were going in and wish I'd made some different choices. So ...

... I opened Riverview, saw them in the family library and decided I'd play them in Riverview but with different career choices and having less children (and at a later stage).

So, I ended up with two games, playing the same couple in different settings: bit like giving them a parallel universe :lol: Made my game a bit more fun.
  • Options
    Lilq156Lilq156 Posts: 1,585 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Should i download riverview or is it just a waste of space, or just not worth it?
    Your choice.
  • Options
    NighteyesNighteyes Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited July 2009
    I did and I like it. It's good to change things up sometimes.
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited July 2009
    I did but I havent really used it yet....but like everyone else said....why not have it just in case? At some point I will probably get sick of the main town and want to go mess around with it it.
  • Options
    AldousCrodennAldousCrodenn Posts: 37 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Well, the only problem that I can see about Riverview is that there does not seem to be any way to get a Death Fish. That is about it, everything else seems to be fine.
  • Options
    ruthless_kkruthless_kk Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited July 2009
    Well, the only problem that I can see about Riverview is that there does not seem to be any way to get a Death Fish. That is about it, everything else seems to be fine.

Actually, there is, I think....saw a post about it a while back..at the river behind a no fishing sign. There was a diagrama nd everything. So apparently there IS death fishing there. :D
  • Options
    AldousCrodennAldousCrodenn Posts: 37 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Ah, that is very good news then! I will have to keep a look out for this sign...
  • Options
    AbintraAbintra Posts: 454 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Waste of space.
    No matter how many Sims you move into the town, it always seems empty because everything is so far from each other.

And it's just a boring town to play in general. I'm not really into the whole tiny town in the middle of America. Or nowhere, but it reminds me more of those tiny nothing towns in American movies.
  • Options
    StarrelleStarrelle Posts: 127 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Definitely death fish in river view, as the poster above said, look out for the mist and they are there, along with vampire fish :)

Edit: Should have added I've been playing riverview for a week or two now and am loving it! :)
  • Options
    giggler36giggler36 Posts: 838 Member
    edited July 2009
    My Green thumb Sims love love love River view.... my other Sims love love love Sunset Balley :)

I like playing both and mixing up the Sims so it makes it more interesting.
    h8U3C4c.png
  • Options
    vivicanavivicana Posts: 374 New Member
    edited July 2009
    yes
  • Options
    NighteyesNighteyes Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited July 2009
    Starrelle wrote:
    Definitely death fish in river view, as the poster above said, look out for the mist and they are there, along with vampire fish :)

Edit: Should have added I've been playing riverview for a week or two now and am loving it! :)

I have a klepto crime Sim in Riverview who really likes to hang out at the juice bar there. Fun fun!
  • Options
    i_c_f_89i_c_f_89 Posts: 140 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Well it's totally your choice... but I would

As many others have said before Riverview is just a nice change of scenery when you're bored of Sunset Valley. Worth it if you're a fan of the older games too as you can see what some of the pre-mades from Sims 1 and 2 are upto now...