The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim's boyfriend has a daughter-but from who?

So i made a sim, moved him in alone, then had my active sim start dating him. He actually somehow got into my game twice, so there's 2 of him roaming around, one is an acquaintance and one is the bf. When it came to the time for them to move in together, I find out he has a daughter! When I click on her family tree a mother is not listed just the father. Has this happened to anyone else? Any way to find out who the mother is? He doesnt really have any other love interests....

Comments

• Options
    thesimdeej33thesimdeej33 Posts: 986 Member
    edited July 2009
    thats story progression for you!
  • Options
    BuckinghartBuckinghart Posts: 135 Member
    edited July 2009
    Like the other poster said, it's story progression. Free-range sims spawn children all on their own to keep the town populated.
  • Options
    ILuvMyPartyboyILuvMyPartyboy Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2009
    oh i see! i thought it might be nice to see who the mother was but if they just spawn i guess that's not possible. thanks!
  • Options
    KaydiaKaydia Posts: 234 Member
    edited July 2009
    I imagine they call the adoption agent of their own free will more so than "spawning by themselves" personally. They can get jobs, change jobs, move, and leave town on their own so why not adopt kids?

I had the same problem when I had story progression on. Random sims ended up with babies everywhere.
  • Options
    AldousCrodennAldousCrodenn Posts: 37 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Like the other poster said, it's story progression. Free-range sims spawn children all on their own to keep the town populated.

I personally theorize that they reproduce much like an amoeba would. Meaning, they accidentally cut off a finger or something while cooking/tinkering and then it grows into a child. Of course, genetic mutation has to occur to make the baby a separate being...otherwise it would just be two of the same person.

(Fixed spelling. Not too sure about grammar. ))
  • Options
    KaydiaKaydia Posts: 234 Member
    edited July 2009

I personally theorize that they reproduce much like an amoeba would. Meaning, they accidentally cut off a finger or something while cooking/tinkering and then it grows into a child. Of course, genetic mutation has to occur to make the baby a seperate being...otherwise it would jsut be two of the same person.

I wouldn't think so personally but that's because all of the sims who "aquired" babies on their own in my town..I aged the babies to try to come up with a theory on how the babies got there and none of them look like the sim who ended up with them. So I just imagined they adopted them *shrugs* they usually have same skin color but features weren't akin