Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

art gallery with sculptures

How can I create an art gallery with my sims' personalized sculptures?

Comments

• Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited November 2011
    just build the it then get your sim creating . then place the sculptures in your sims inventory and the go to the gallery and place the sculptures. ive done this so i know you can , however i must admit it was before pets.
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    MichabeanMichabean Posts: 452 Member
    edited November 2011
    You mean the personal inventory or the family inventory? I really cannot find an option to put it in the sims' inventory... and when you build on a community lot it doesn't give the option to use the family inventory...

I'm not playing with the pets EP either...

Could you please give me some more instructions?
  • Options
    SimonSimpsonSimonSimpson Posts: 1,223 Member
    edited November 2011
    It's difficult, but possible. As far as I can tell, you can not create on your home lot and move it to the gallery. But you can buy the gallery, buy a sculpting station at the gallery (maybe create a basement workshop or whatever), make a sculpture, then place the sculpture in buy mode.

I don't know about paintings but I assume they work the same way.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    onigiriloveronigirilover Posts: 1,240 Member
    edited November 2011
    If I am not mistaken, put it in your family inventory.. use the "testingcheatsenabled true" cheat.. shift+click the art gallery an an option will pop-out to buy or build in that lot.
  • Options
    dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited November 2011
    Michabean wrote:
    You mean the personal inventory or the family inventory? I really cannot find an option to put it in the sims' inventory... and when you build on a community lot it doesn't give the option to use the family inventory...

I'm not playing with the pets EP either...

Could you please give me some more instructions?

I don't know for sure, but...when I allow my sims to sell their paintings they sometimes show up in the gallery in place of the works that are currently on the walls. (Using the "Sell" interaction on the easle I think. It has been a while since I have had a painter.) It might work the same way with the sculptures. If you have some game-made sculpture items placed around the gallery and you sell your creations right off the sculpting station, they may show up at the gallery. (It does take time--maybe a game-day or two. It won't be immediate.)

If you do figure this out, I hope you will update us. I would love to do this as well. Bookmarking to check again later--Thanks for posting!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    If I am not mistaken, put it in your family inventory.. use the "testingcheatsenabled true" cheat.. shift+click the art gallery an an option will pop-out to buy or build in that lot.

I have tried this before. Even using buy or build on this lot doesn't give you the option to open your family inventory.
  • Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited November 2011
    You can always place objects in your gallery using the buydebug menu. All the items generated by sculpters & inventors can be found there.
    Anything that fits on a podium or display case can be placed at any time during play.
    I've kept sketches, paintings, & photographs in personal inventory.
    With a little experimentation I don't see why you couldn't get it in gallery.
    Try what onigirilover said for editing lots. I know your household money is being used, so maybe your inventory can also be used.
    Good luck with your gallery. :D

Edit: Next time I'm in game I'll give it a go. See what happens.
    stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    oh wow, just came back and a bunch of responses already! :D SimonSimpson Indeed, I've thought about this work-around of putting the sculpting station in the community lot but I sort of wanted to avoid that. (It just seems wier dthat you can place paintings in your personal inv., but not sculptures... ) dreamsong1968, if that's possible it would be great! I'll try it out and post what I get... meanwhile if anyone has some insight on this that would be awesome. BTW, anyone know if Twallan's Nraas Industries has an option to put otherwise 'impossible' stuff into the personal inventory? Like a "hand of god" option or something?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    the "build on this lot" testingcheat command did not work for me... As far as i can tell it just looks like a regular "build on this lot" for the real estate command and the family inventory appears empty.
  • Options
    missticklemisstickle Posts: 139 Member
    edited November 2011
    You need to shift+click on the art gallery lot to give you the option to build or buy on the lot (it's not a cheat code you enter).
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    misstickle wrote:
    You need to shift+click on the art gallery lot to give you the option to build or buy on the lot (it's not a cheat code you enter).

I believe that's what I'm referring to... it still doesn't work, the family inventory appears empty when I shift+click "build on this lot" on the community lot... Also, placing the station in the lost doesn't help because my intention is to sculpt personalized ice sims and not only objects and furniture. Still haven't found a solution. Anyone??
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Michabean wrote:
    oh wow, just came back and a bunch of responses already! :D SimonSimpson Indeed, I've thought about this work-around of putting the sculpting station in the community lot but I sort of wanted to avoid that. (It just seems wier dthat you can place paintings in your personal inv., but not sculptures... ) dreamsong1968, if that's possible it would be great! I'll try it out and post what I get... meanwhile if anyone has some insight on this that would be awesome. BTW, anyone know if Twallan's Nraas Industries has an option to put otherwise 'impossible' stuff into the personal inventory? Like a "hand of god" option or something?

Mr. NRAAS was on just a bit ago--maybe he will see this and let you know. I don't know of anything. I might just go do some sculpting and see if I can find an answer for you....
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Michabean wrote:
    Also, placing the station in the lost doesn't help because my intention is to sculpt personalized ice sims and not only objects and furniture.

This is what I used it for and how I actually know it works. It does work, it just requires some effort and a lot of time spent on the lot.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    SimonSimpson, I placed it on the art gallery too. When I click on the sculpting station it simply does not give me the option to sculpt an ice sim like it does on the residential lot... what other kinds of efforts are you referring to? Do you remember what you did, or at least some of it? It could really be helpful... Thanks!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Uhh... well you could be right, and if so then sorry for the bad info. I did it when Ambitons was first released, and I know they've changed some things since then. For example, when I did it I bought the dump and renovated that, now you can't even buy the dump.

To be honest, I haven't tried since then. All I remember is that it was a lot of effort.

I'm just now getting my Sims family into sculpting, so maybe I'll take another crack at it and see if it brings back anything. It sounds like you did all you were supposed to do though, so I wouldn't hold out much hope. I'll let you know if I get it.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    no worries.. and I wouldn't be so sure though. I've tried some superficial stuff but I'd like to think that there is a way to do this! I'm still trying some combinations with Nraas as well. Let me know what you find! :)