Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Your Own Texture Packs, etc.

Because I'm rarely happy with EA's textures and usually end up revamping them to my own tastes, yesterday I found myself in one of those spots where I needed crop textures based on my own dirt. Since my dirt is a whole lot different than EA's this meant I needed to take the crops from the original textures to use on mine.

Since I also use my own KILL TILE grass textures that absolutely do NOT blend with any of EA's textures I needed to do the same thing if I wanted some of my own grass textures with flowers on them. I took the flowers from one of the images that comes with CAW then did a bit of rearranging and filling in to knock the tiling down to a dull roar. The image I uploaded has purple flowers but if you want different colors you can easily do that in any decent image editor.

Then today I asked Syera if they might be useful to her (because she's building a new world) and she said yes. As such they're now uploaded on BogSims and can be found here. What these are, are .png images with transparent backgrounds so you can paste any of them over the top of any other texture you wish.

P.S. I also uploaded my TILE KILL grass textures in case anyone besides me would like to use them. I've recolored the grass to suit my tastes which may not suit anyone else's so if you don't like the color, please feel free to change them.

Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)

Comments

• Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited November 2011
    Regina and Syera: The Amazing Duo! 8)
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited November 2011
    I don't know about amazing but most of the time if I find something useful someone else will too. :)
  • Options
    gurra09gurra09 Posts: 138 Member
    edited November 2011
    This is an excellent idea, Regina. Thanks for sharing :D
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    You're welcome, Gurra! And I'm not at all sure I even explained any of this very well at all. I know better than to try to type when I feel like I did yesterday. :oops:
  • Options
    JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited November 2011
    Cheers for this, Regina. More textures is always good and these sound intriguing, I`ll be downloading for sure.
  • Options
    xmerokoxxmerokox Posts: 149 New Member
    edited November 2011
    This is really nice! Glad to know that I wasn't the only one bothered by the grass tiling when zooming out in CAW :D
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    You're welcome, guys!

I'm pretty sure in my case it's an aspy thing, which I'm thinking has been a HUGE driving force behind my "I KNOW this isn't supposed to be this way so I HAVE to fix it!" And it didn't help that the original grass color is one of my least favorite colors in the whole world. :oops: