Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horses freezing my game.

So after that whole switched codes thing with the Pets Plus, I finally installed my game. Worked on my new family for like an hour.... I made two adults, a child, two dogs, a cat, and when I got to add a horse, the game froze. I had to restart my computer completely. Remade the same family, got to add a horse....same thing happened. I realized I just wasn't able to create a horse for some reason but would probably be able to adopt one. I go to adopt one and it freezes after I witch from the dog menu to the horse menu! I restarted my comp AGAIN, try to adopt again and it freezes AGAIN. It has some problem with horses. Sheesh! >:C What's the deal.

Comments

• Options
    Ladylyna8Ladylyna8 Posts: 64 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Well, that's a bummer! I haven't installed my Pets EP yet. Have you tried adjusting your graphics settings within the game?

I have no idea why horses would do that versus cats or dogs. Sometimes my game freezes up and I wait it out, and eventually it continues. Did you wait long enough? Could it be that there are too many Sims and animals on your lot for your computer to handle?

I'm just guessing here! Try doing a different family and add just a horse.

Hmmm, okay, I guess I'm out of ideas.

Good luck. It's always so frustrating to have these issues!
  • Options
    SymbologySymbology Posts: 1,074
    edited October 2011
    Can you post a dxdiag?
  • Options
    PricillaDaleyPricillaDaley Posts: 107
    edited October 2011
    xVerodoll wrote:
    So after that whole switched codes thing with the Pets Plus, I finally installed my game. Worked on my new family for like an hour.... I made two adults, a child, two dogs, a cat, and when I got to add a horse, the game froze. I had to restart my computer completely. Remade the same family, got to add a horse....same thing happened. I realized I just wasn't able to create a horse for some reason but would probably be able to adopt one. I go to adopt one and it freezes after I witch from the dog menu to the horse menu! I restarted my comp AGAIN, try to adopt again and it freezes AGAIN. It has some problem with horses. Sheesh! >:C What's the deal.
    That happened to me, ran a dxdiag, waiting for cs ill message you what they tellme
  • Options
    xVerodollxVerodoll Posts: 13
    edited October 2011
    Wow,ok. So I can add a cat or dog, but not a horse. I tried making a sim with just a horse as a pet and it froze. Then, I went back to my normal family. I saw a wild horse, paused my game, clicked on the horse, then sniff hand. Then it froze. Any interaction with a horse it freezes. I played for a few hours without doing anything that involves a horse and it worked fine. :? :!:
  • Options
    xVerodollxVerodoll Posts: 13
    edited October 2011
    I've read around and it seems to be a MAC problem. I have a macbook pro and that seems to have something to do with it. I was playing my game fine till my dog just saw his first wild horse, and then BAM guess what. LOL, yeah, froze for the 232134 time. Not sure what to do.
  • Options
    KacieKacie Posts: 1 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I also have a MAC (imac os 10.5.8) and am unable to do anything with horses (besides take a lesson at the stable) without the game freezing. I tried reinstalling Pets and removing my CC. I don't have any mods and i'm patched. Hopefully a solution can be found.
  • Options
    allieroseallierose Posts: 34 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I haven't done anything with horses... but I've been freezing constantly.. It's driving me mad! I have a mac too. I've never had a problem with any of the other expansion packs only this one.. Tear!
  • Options
    MarisafaceMarisaface Posts: 16 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm having the exact same issue. I also have a macbook pro. I just wanna create a horse =[!
  • Options
    bellabunniebellabunnie Posts: 7
    edited October 2011
    Create a horse froze my game too :( I didn't expect it to happen because I have a nice computer! AND I had spent about 3 hours on my family without a save /sigh :(
  • Options
    30677673067767 Posts: 40 New Member
    edited October 2011
    It's not just a mac problem! I have a PC with Windows and I'm having the same problem with horses. It's very frustrating! :?
  • Options
    spldprnspldprn Posts: 3
    edited October 2011
    My game keeps freezing also!! Never had this problem with any other expansion packs - frustrating!!
  • Options
    toxxiitoxxii Posts: 9
    edited October 2011
    I'm having the same problem on my PC. And yet, my friends who have the game on their PC's are having no problems. Considering I made a 1 hour trip to specifically buy this EP because of the horses, I'm extremely disappointed.

I also read that my video card has been discovered to not be supported. EA has let me down.
  • Options
    OriokoeOriokoe Posts: 22
    edited October 2011
    I'm having the same issue too, I can't do anything with the horses right now. Can't make one or adopt one, I have a PC with Windows 7, so MAC users your not alone with this issue, Windows users are having the same problems too.
  • Options
    30677673067767 Posts: 40 New Member
    edited October 2011

*HEY GUYS!*

Just thought I'd let ya'll know that I've heard from many trusted souces this week that this horsey problem is being worked on, and that EA is coming up with an update for it. Don't know exactly when it will be realesed, but it should be soon so keep your fingers crossed! :)
  • Options
    PCutestuff121694PCutestuff121694 Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    I am using PC Windows XP for my game and it's doing the same thing to me.
    It's so frickin irritating and I am losing my patience with it.

Freezes when I attempt to create a horse
    Freezes when I attempt to click on a pre-loaded horses in the game.
    Freezes when I try to play a family that contains a horse,
    Freezes when I go to the Equestrian centre.
    Freezes when I try to interact with any horses (both wild and domesticated).

Basically, no matter what I want to do with the horses, my game always freezes, dims every few seconds, and I have to restart my computer. Tried to uninstall it, and reinstall it. It still didn't work. I am refusing to ever play the Sims 3 Pets again until this problem is resolved. Until then, this game can kick rocks.. :evil:

Sorry EA, but you need to fix this soon. :thumbdown:
  • Options
    DinosaurdammitDinosaurdammit Posts: 109
    edited November 2011
    I remember there was suppose to be a patch 2 weeks after it was found but here we are weeks later and nothing.