Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adding Actor/director career to Appaloosa Plains

I started a legacy in Appaloosa plains and one of my heirs has a lifetime wish of superstar actor. I noticed that there is no Plumbob Pictures Backlot in AP.
So I tried to add it, but I'm having problems.

I went to Edit Town and changed one of the 64x64 lots to a community lot. But there is no lot type for a movie studio. I tried making the lot type "visitors allowed" but it would not let me put the Plumbob Pictures Backlot there. I would create one on an empty lot but without the lot designation how will the game assign it as the plumbob pictures rabbit hole??

Anyone had this issue? How did you add the movie studio lot to Appaloosa Plains?

Comments

• Options
    KikionparasKikionparas Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited November 2011
    Are you sure the lot was completely empty?
  • Options
    Carli2008Carli2008 Posts: 29
    edited November 2011
    Yes its completely empty.
  • Options
    zekrayatzekrayat Posts: 1,855 Member
    edited November 2011
    The rabbithole itself isn't actually that big - I just added it easily to a 50x50, you could probably get it on a 40x40. Just in case you really can't sort out the big lot.
  • Options
    misstiamisstia Posts: 27 New Member
    edited November 2011
    Try setting the lot type to visitors allowed.
  • Options
    ZilverHopeZilverHope Posts: 818
    edited November 2011
    Go to bridgeport, and copy the lot in the edit town mode, then try adding it. I'm not 100% sure it'll work, but I think it might.
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited November 2011
    You can also just edit the lot, and place the rabbithole there. It isnt very big.
  • Options
    Carli2008Carli2008 Posts: 29
    edited November 2011
    Okay I've got it.

For some reason I had to delete the existing 64x64 lot and make another one.

Wierd...
  • Options
    frylock243frylock243 Posts: 281 New Member
    edited November 2011
    There should be a movie studio building in the building types you can add to empty community lots. I always delete the military base and town hall out of the twon with the dam and the muddy bottoms (Riverview I think). Then I add the rabbithole townhall lot with the military base added to the Townhall and build the movie studio into the blank space left by the base. Then I have the perfect space left to add the kiddie park from generations behind townhall.

It's why I wind up using Riverview so often - it's so easy to edit it to have everything.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2011
    frylock243 wrote:
    There should be a movie studio building in the building types you can add to empty community lots. I always delete the military base and town hall out of the twon with the dam and the muddy bottoms (Riverview I think). Then I add the rabbithole townhall lot with the military base added to the Townhall and build the movie studio into the blank space left by the base. Then I have the perfect space left to add the kiddie park from generations behind townhall.

It's why I wind up using Riverview so often - it's so easy to edit it to have everything.

Okay, I'm going to try that sometime -- I've been playing Sunset Valley (Second Generation) which is a user-created world that's done a great job of redesigning that town, but I'd like to put the film studio in other towns as well. (If I take the town hall with the military bas and the police station, I could get rid of the police station as well and maybe add the hangout from Twinbrook as well.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Funky_fairy18Funky_fairy18 Posts: 318 Member
    edited November 2011
    frylock243 wrote:

Okay, I'm going to try that sometime -- I've been playing Sunset Valley (Second Generation) which is a user-created world that's done a great job of redesigning that town, but I'd like to put the film studio in other towns as well. (If I take the town hall with the military bas and the police station, I could get rid of the police station as well and maybe add the hangout from Twinbrook as well.)

Ooh that's a good idea. Might have to try that when I play SV next.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited November 2011
    Good Idea every town I play I always add Actor place and some how Matthew Hamming and the old and new gem Edit couple and Elvira Slayer ends up in my town yeah I end up placing them for a little drama but I always get rid of the Sport place never did try the Police one yet