The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can someone help me with Interior Decorating my new house? Please?

If you will go to studio page, there are many pictures of the same house just uploaded. My idea is to put a barn/house on top on a 64x64 lot by the beach with now I'm thinking it might be a lake supposedly instead of being the beach. I'm thinking make the house alot of nice woods like a cabin. I really think this house barn has good potential to look realistic if made right out and in. This is as far as I've gone, what yu will see in those pictures with the big empy space inside. I don't know where best to place any of the interior walls or where the kitchen or bedrooms, living room, or anything else will go. That is where I need your help and ideas please!

Comments

• Options
    evileggyevileggy Posts: 219
    edited November 2011
    Sorry Cathy but the barn is to small for me, and probably anybody to help, I don't know how you can improve the images.
  • Options
    MooMooCathyMooMooCathy Posts: 58
    edited November 2011
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4793717

I just upload my first sim house. Please, that's the barn house I need help decorating.
  • Options
    ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited November 2011
    the pic is small, but I see it has a real "rustic" feel to it..I could see it as a cozy cabin, fireplace...you could recolor the furniture in create a style to look like wood and leather...and as far as decor, I would choose the "homey" looking wall hangings, such as the quilt...I can envision all this, but am hoping I am expressing well enough to give you the idea.. 8)

Oh, and the first level barn part...put some weathered looking wood flooring? I couldn't tell from the pic what kind of flooring you have there...just my take on it... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MooMooCathyMooMooCathy Posts: 58
    edited November 2011
    Thanks! I was hoping more like how the layout would be best to make it look realistic. Like where would it be best focul view when you come up the stairs and look at the house, what would you see? Kitchen, living room, any bedrooms? Like where would it be best to put each of those rooms in the house?
  • Options
    KLoreleiKLorelei Posts: 7,606 Member
    edited November 2011
    Thanks! I was hoping more like how the layout would be best to make it look realistic. Like where would it be best focul view when you come up the stairs and look at the house, what would you see? Kitchen, living room, any bedrooms? Like where would it be best to put each of those rooms in the house?

Most houses, even if they open plan or are barns converted into houses, they tend to have a similar flow. How many bedrooms and bathrooms are you intending on having? It's also a bit difficult to tell just how large the building is, the lot itself is huge, so it's making the building look small in comparison, but of course appearances are often deceiving.

A good place to start is to peruse some house floor plans. It may give you an idea of layouts and what you'd like the inside of your space to look like.