Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So where do I buy my pets?

I placed all the lots but when I go to them there aren't any pets to buy.

I liked the way you had a pet store like in Sims 1 Unleashed with it's Animal Trainer.

I've seen strays wandering around town but it would be handier if you could go someplace and buy your pets.

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan36friendsfan36 Posts: 6,715 New Member
    edited November 2011
    you can use the computer or phone or newspaper to see available pets.
  • Options
    blackwidowedblackwidowed Posts: 49 Member
    edited November 2011
    You can adopt premade pets from an adoption shelter using the phone & computer, or you can create your own pet and merge it into your family :)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2011
    You can also buy horses at the Equestrian Center; some of them might come with some skills already but they'll likely cost more.

Dogs/cats/horses you can adopt via phone or computer from the shelter, or check the computer, phone or newspaper for animals available for adoption.

How do you create a pet and merge it into a family? I want a larger dog for my family (especially to work with my horses) but all I seem to find at the shelter or all the strays I see are small dogs. (I saw the perfect dog I wanted, but it belongs to another family.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    piratekitagpiratekitag Posts: 3,326 New Member
    edited November 2011

How do you create a pet and merge it into a family? I want a larger dog for my family (especially to work with my horses) but all I seem to find at the shelter or all the strays I see are small dogs. (I saw the perfect dog I wanted, but it belongs to another family.)

Go to edit town. Then go to create a household-for the first sim that appears, it should be a human, just choose a dog while using that spot and create the dog(or dogs) you want-then create the household. It will then tell you to merge the dog with a household of your choosing. I'm terrible at explaining tonight :/ If that doesn't make sense-hopefully someone will be able to explain it better.
  • Options
    eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited November 2011
    You can adopt from your neighbor, from the phone or computer. The neighborhood one is the best in my opinion because the dogs are always purebred's. Or at least in my game they are.
    353235_b.jpg
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited November 2011
    Oh yeah I figured out how to get the pets. Actually I'm impressed so far with the dog my sims adopted. She's dumb as a rock but funny.

And the neighbor Bella Bachelor's horse just gave birth on the front lawn so they were invited to adopt the baby. I assume you can board the horse at the stables cause it doesn't seem reasonable to keep a horse in your backyard in town.