Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So for those of you having freezing issues heres an idea!!! :)

So because I was having issues with horses freezing my game no matter what I tried to do with them but everything else on pets was working well. I could play it for hours as long as I stayed on my property before which was boring by the way...

I'd been searching the forums here and googling the issue seeing if people outside of the forums were having success with a fix. What I kept coming across was upgrading to snow leopard.

Before I had 10.5.8 with a NVIDIA GeForce 9400M, I wasn't having any major graphics issues just freezing with the horses. So I took a chance... I paid like 40 dollars for the snow leopard. I backed up my mac before hand just in case, and then did all the processes of installing the snow leopard and then updating to 10.6.8 from 10.6.3 took a little while.

Then i got on the sims 3. I have all the major expansion packs but not the stuff packs. My game works again with horses!!! :D I just figured I'd put it out there that it may be worth it to try.

For those of you who want more information my mac is a 2009 mac book pro 13 inch and it started out as a leopard obviously.

Maybe this will help others... I'm going to go play my game :)

Note to EA: A) With the next patch that you do, do it better not mess up my game now. Before this whole pets thing i never had an issue so i better not now that i got it fixed. B) Just because some people are having success with upgrading to snow leopard doesn't mean everyone will and this should not be YOUR answer of how to fix the game. You made the game you should get it patched so that people who are unable to upgrade there macs can play it as well. :!:

Comments

• Options
    misstiamisstia Posts: 27 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Thanks for sharing I have the same computer, and the same problem! I ordered snow leopard and will be getting it tomorrow or the next day :) Thanks for giving me hope on fixing my game!
  • Options
    peacenikchick13peacenikchick13 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Unfortunately, I--and a lot of other Mac users--just don't have the money to upgrade our computers. Besides, we shouldn't have to; my 2009 MacBook 10.5.8 either meets or exceeds all of the game requirements, and I shouldn't need to fork over another $40 to make a $40 game work. Everything else on my MacBook works like a dream, and I would feel no need to upgrade even if I did have the money lying around.

EA should have delayed the release until the problems were solved and the game was fully playable, and right now they should be working their ***** off on a patch for those of us who can't afford to spend twice the money to fix their mistakes. Of course, I'm just living in a dream world at this point--expecting a product I pay for to work the way it's supposed to! :roll:

I'm sorry if my tone is a little harsh, but I'm frustrated and disappointed. Pets was my favorite expansion for S1 and S2, and I've been looking forward to the S3 version for a long time. Having spent hundreds of dollars on the various games of the series over the years, I'm tired of EA consistently screwing me over.

But I really am glad that your game is working for you! It's good to know that the game does work on some Mac platforms; at least it's not completely incompatible. Have fun! :D
  • Options
    Girlysims22Girlysims22 Posts: 88 Member
    edited October 2011
    Unfortunately, I--and a lot of other Mac users--just don't have the money to upgrade our computers. Besides, we shouldn't have to; my 2009 MacBook 10.5.8 either meets or exceeds all of the game requirements, and I shouldn't need to fork over another $40 to make a $40 game work. Everything else on my MacBook works like a dream, and I would feel no need to upgrade even if I did have the money lying around.

EA should have delayed the release until the problems were solved and the game was fully playable, and right now they should be working their ***** off on a patch for those of us who can't afford to spend twice the money to fix their mistakes. Of course, I'm just living in a dream world at this point--expecting a product I pay for to work the way it's supposed to! :roll:

I'm sorry if my tone is a little harsh, but I'm frustrated and disappointed. Pets was my favorite expansion for S1 and S2, and I've been looking forward to the S3 version for a long time. Having spent hundreds of dollars on the various games of the series over the years, I'm tired of EA consistently screwing me over.

But I really am glad that your game is working for you! It's good to know that the game does work on some Mac platforms; at least it's not completely incompatible. Have fun! :D

i couldnt agree more, and the last part to the original message is true too. Im so angry with ea. ive been a sims supporter from the very first all the way til now, and now im questioning if im going to buy the next expansion pack. this is ridiculous.
    Happy simming!

o9NSnDe.jpg