Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 EP ( My ideas )

dedakidedaki Posts: 74 New Member
I have many ideas about a new sims 3 EP like the SEASONS expansion pack and the School life expansion pack. Plz EA and people read these ideas!

SIMS 3 SEASONS

New town: Maybe a town with new buildings. It could be a clothes store, and you could buy some rare clothes for simoleons. And a reasturant, that you can go in and control your sims in there. Maybe EA can add a new romantic interaction: go to a romantic reaturant. Also a winter and a summer resort would be great!

New traits: Winter/Summer/Autum/Spring lover: Your sim loves one of these seasons and have a good mood during it!

Good at skating: Your sims will improve the skating skill faster than the other sims.

New interactions: FRiendly: Talk about wheather,gift something, ask if he could pick up the leaves ( only autumn ), Throw snowball, Play snowball fight
Funny: No new interactions
Mean: No new interactions
Romantic: Go to a romantic reaustorant, prepeare a romantic meal, save her/him of fire.

New objects actions: Snow ground: Make a snowman, make snow angels.
Air conditioning: Open, close.
Couch: Jump on the couch.

Christmas, Halowwen and Summer holidays.

You can swim into the sea! ( summer holidays)
Santa claus is coming! ( christmas holidays! )
Trick or treat? ( halowwen holidays1 )

New creature(s): Summer ( Sea monster)
Autum: ( Super hero )
Spring:( Flower dressed- fairy )
Winter:( Yetti )

SCHOOL LIFE

New town: No new town, but your sims can be internal to a college ( from the child age)

Everyday your sims will go to school and have lessons and you can also control them into the school. The school rooms are: The gym, the cafeteria, the playground, the biology class, 6 class rooms. You can be popular or a dork.

New creature: UFO

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,774 Member
    edited October 2011
    you can't just limited the winter hoildays to Chirstmas..what about Haunkua? and/or Kwanzs?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    VermatrixVermatrix Posts: 946 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I don't think real holidays would work, the best solution for that has already been done in Nintendo's Animal Crossing series. That game has Halloween which is fairly universal and celebrated in a number of countries in differant ways but as far as others, Animal Crossing has Toy Day for a winter holiday. Basicly they just need to make up Sims 3 versions of holidays, maybe loosly based on real ones.
  • Options
    dtyuidtyui Posts: 483 Member
    edited October 2011
    You've missed out a lot of holidays.
  • Options
    karmatrashkarmatrash Posts: 48 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Vermatrix wrote:
    I don't think real holidays would work, the best solution for that has already been done in Nintendo's Animal Crossing series. That game has Halloween which is fairly universal and celebrated in a number of countries in differant ways but as far as others, Animal Crossing has Toy Day for a winter holiday. Basicly they just need to make up Sims 3 versions of holidays, maybe loosly based on real ones.

This. Exactly. The best way to include holidays into a Seasons expansion pack would just be to create Simlish holidays. They can give them quirky little Sim names, but keep the general ideas in them: a gift-giving, snuggling indoors sort of holiday in the winter, a holiday of some kind to welcome spring, a summer holiday that may center around being outdoors and lighting fireworks, and a Halloween-like holiday that involves dressing up and decorating with spooky things in the fall. It would be so cool to see Sim children trick-or-treating, since the neighborhood is open and limitless now!

Each holiday can have interactions, outfits, and items to correspond with their given themes and seasons. This way, the details can be up to the player, and each person can decide in their own minds what each holiday may represent to him/her.

• Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited October 2011
    Have a generalized winter holiday, combine modern Halloween with its pagan roots to create a new version of it (look at Thanksgiving to see how Halloween was originally), and sprinkle in new holidays elsewhere. Maybe make it one holiday a season.

And, really, the yeti is a bad idea. I get the feeling it would look horrible when EA was finally done with it.
  • Options
    karmatrashkarmatrash Posts: 48 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Have a generalized winter holiday, combine modern Halloween with its pagan roots to create a new version of it (look at Thanksgiving to see how Halloween was originally), and sprinkle in new holidays elsewhere. Maybe make it one holiday a season.

I like this idea. I celebrated many Pagan holidays as a child and teenager. I don't really expect to see them represented in the Sims, but it would definitely be nice to see elements of them represented in original Sim holidays, as I don't think people realize many of their favourite holidays are heavily influenced by Pagan holidays.

It is customary to have a harvest feast around this time, but there are not too many similarities to Thanksgiving. I would say the Autumn Equinox is kind of reminiscent of Thanksgiving - lots of wine, many recipes with apples in them, a time to rest and be thankful for the harvest.

The pagan Samhain is actually very similar to today's Halloween. As I celebrated it, there was always a bonfire of some kind - it was a great time to be outside in the cool, crisp air with loved ones. Cider. Costumes. It was a time to celebrate the lives of the dead, so it was common to leave favourite foods out for them. (As a teenager, a friend of mine left canned food out for her dead cat. It would be gone by the morning of course ;]) This was a great time for spiritual rituals. Lots of candles. Pumpkins. Song and dance. A feast. Jack-o-lanterns lit with spirit candles. It was also normal for younger children to dress up and trick-or-treat, so this was a lot of fun for them.

Anyway, I'd love to see much of this implemented in a fall holiday in the Sims. I think the idea of one holiday per season is great. I'd love more, but as short as the Sims' lives tend to be, it may be overwhelming to have more than that.
  • Options
    lonelyricebowllonelyricebowl Posts: 36 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I would love if they did "Making Magic" expansion for the sims 3 from the first series