Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can someone please explain family trees to me?

So, here is a picture of my family tree:

11hgody.jpg

I don't understand what all the different colours mean, some of my dead sims look all weird and zombie like (like on the top tier of my family tree) whether as other dead sims look normally greyed out (like on the second tier of my family tree)

I also have a few coloured pictures for dead sims on the very top of my tree (which I haven't shown here)

Help would be much appreciated! I really hate hate the pictures that look zombie-like and if anyone knows how to get them to the normal grey that would be great :)

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited October 2011
    I have often wondered why this was as well. I hope someone has an answer.
  • Options
    BoltzY2kBoltzY2k Posts: 11,123 New Member
    edited October 2011
    simsjessx wrote:
    So, here is a picture of my family tree:

11hgody.jpg

I don't understand what all the different colours mean, some of my dead sims look all weird and zombie like (like on the top tier of my family tree) whether as other dead sims look normally greyed out (like on the second tier of my family tree)

I also have a few coloured pictures for dead sims on the very top of my tree (which I haven't shown here)

Help would be much appreciated! I really hate hate the pictures that look zombie-like and if anyone knows how to get them to the normal grey that would be great :)

There's not much to understand if they're in color it means they're alive if they're black and white it means they're dead. I don't know what you mean by zombie like...
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited October 2011
    @BoltzY2k - if you look closely, you will see that the top tier of dead relatives is not just black and white but more ghost-like, with the white eyes as well. The second tier of dead looks just like black and white pics.
  • Options
    CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited October 2011
    I think it's because they have ghost thumbnails. Are their tombstones on a lot or something?
  • Options
    Michael8262Michael8262 Posts: 969 Member
    edited October 2011
    What game is the guy who is highlighted hair from
  • Options
    simsjessxsimsjessx Posts: 36 Member
    edited October 2011
    There's not much to understand if they're in color it means they're alive if they're black and white it means they're dead. I don't know what you mean by zombie like...

Oh sorry what I mean is, see how the top tier looks like the ghosts? Why doesn't the 2nd tier? I don't like them looking like their ghosts on my trees. Thanks :)
  • Options
    AnglePlay300AnglePlay300 Posts: 3,969 Member
    edited October 2011
    It's just their ghost form. Did you ever resurrect them? If not then I'm not sure why they have the ghost thumbnails.

But dead is dead is dead. If they aren't full color, they're dead.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    @CuddlyBun - Yeah they are on a lot around some where, but so are the people who are only greyed out I'm pretty sure

@Michael8262 - Sorry What do you mean? lol
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    @AnglePlay300 Nope I have never resurrected them O.o
  • Options
    CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited October 2011
    simsjessx wrote:
    @CuddlyBun - Yeah they are on a lot around some where, but so are the people who are only greyed out I'm pretty sure
    How weird. O.o All of my dead sims have the gray icon unless I resurrect them as playable ghosts.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    What game is the guy who is highlighted hair from

I just understood what you meant lol. It's from Town Life Stuff :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Okay something's going on here.. I just looked at the tree again, and now the other two look like ghosts as well! Here:

o6xv9s.jpg

O.o any ideas?

• Options
    crazylilelf8106crazylilelf8106 Posts: 196 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Maybe that is what their icons look like when they are actively out of their gravestone/urn behaving as a ghost??
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited October 2011
    simsjessx wrote:
    Okay something's going on here.. I just looked at the tree again, and now the other two look like ghosts as well! Here:

o6xv9s.jpg

O.o any ideas?

Do you have their grave markers on your active lot or in a graveyard? Perhaps their image is based on whether they are in their graves(resting) or out floating (haunting) around town. :?:
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    Liesel93Liesel93 Posts: 84
    edited October 2011
    This happens to any sim that dies while I'm playing them. I assumed it was just my problem
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    simsjessx wrote:

@Michael8262 - Sorry What do you mean? lol

The guy in the red, I was wondering where u got that hairstyle from =]
  • Options
    vampires_xoxovampires_xoxo Posts: 224
    edited October 2011
    Do you have their grave markers on your active lot or in a graveyard? Perhaps their image is based on whether they are in their graves(resting) or out floating (haunting) around town.

That's exactly what it is! If they look more zombie-like it means they're out 'haunting' your town but if they look...not-zombie-like it means they're in their graves 'resting'
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    btw, it seems for me whenever a sim dies there picture is ghosty looking not grayed out, only the premade sims with family trees have the grayed out look!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Most of the graves are at the graveyard with the exception of some that were left at the place of death.

Does everyone else only have greyed out sims?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    That's exactly what it is! If they look more zombie-like it means they're out 'haunting' your town but if they look...not-zombie-like it means they're in their graves 'resting'

ahh really? So if they've been in the graveyard for a while they will turn grey?

and @Michael8262 it's from town life stuff if you didn't see my other post :) Interesting that you have the ghost look too..
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    simsjessx wrote:
    Most of the graves are at the graveyard with the exception of some that were left at the place of death.

Does everyone else only have greyed out sims?

I never have greyed out sims! I want them grayed not glowing
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I never have greyed out sims! I want them grayed not glowing

Same! The ghostly look is just freaky! That's why I want to understand how family trees work :)
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited October 2011
    I have noticed both types in my family trees and never understood it either. However, I prefer the greyed out look. I don't like that glowing white ghost look. I want to see my dead Sims's eyes! :D