Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downloads not showing up

I've just spent hours downloading content from the store and exchange and it appeared on the list as I did it but when I selected the items to install them nothing happened and nothing was listed in the installed items. I closed the window and re-opened it and it's all blank. I haven't opened the game to see if the items are showing, but is it possible I've just wasted several hours of my time?

I used to have the same problem installing items on The Sims 2 so hope that isn't the case!

Comments

• Options
    SimDadSimDad Posts: 523 Member
    edited July 2009
    Are you using Vista? if so maybe this can be a problem, On Windows Vista, the UAC (User Account Control) protects the Program Files directory and can stop programs modifying the directory.... I needed to turn mine off for certain games to add content.
    aTv8KCZ.jpg
  • Options
    BurnimaPlayerBurnimaPlayer Posts: 366 Member
    edited July 2009
    SimDad, I have been having this problem ever since it came out. i am beyond frustrated. Could you please tell us how to do that in easy steps? I would be very grateful.
  • Options
    jteditjtedit Posts: 70 Member
    edited July 2009
    I had this problem to, i fixed it in a different way:

1.) click on my page

2.)On my page at the top it will look like this:

My Page | Edit Profile | My Account

3.) click on my account

4.)there a 4 links, click on 'store acount info'

5.) it will ask for your password, enter it

6.) On the left there a loads of buttons, at the very bottem is 'puchase history', click it

7.)Everything from the store that you have already bought is there, here is an example:

Image of item
    07/19/09 (date when bought)
    Free (price)
    Download Again (hyperlink)

8.) click on download again, it should open the lancher by itself on the download tab and have the item listed.

If not then dont ask me why because i dont have a clue!
    Hope this helps