Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone here downloaded the "Indiestone" mod??

I'm not sure if this is against the rules or not to talk about it, but I don't see why not either.

Anyways, I've heard about the Indiestone Mod from modthesims.com, it basically fixes all the bugs, like, you're other sim households moving away or single parent spawning and much much others. It looks alright...but I'm not too sure about mods and I was wondering if anyone here has downloaded it themselves and what you think about it. Here is the link:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=349344
Thanks! :D

Comments

• Options
    tomunaamatomunaama Posts: 163 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I've had it for weeks, and it's been working great so far. You should back up your game before installing though, just in case.
  • Options
    legendarybitka29legendarybitka29 Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited July 2009
    I have it and I love it.
  • Options
    Tenshi3Tenshi3 Posts: 2,653 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Get it now, you won't regret it.
  • Options
    cranberry11442cranberry11442 Posts: 313 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Okay, thanks everyone! Does it by chance make you're game any slower? Because that definitely not what I need. Ahahaha. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Tenshi3Tenshi3 Posts: 2,653 New Member
    edited July 2009
    It doesn't make my game slower, but then I run it on a fairly good machine, so I can't speak for you if you have an older comp.

However, if it does you can just remove the mod. Problem solved.
  • Options
    cranberry11442cranberry11442 Posts: 313 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Oh, alrighty. Thanks so much! I'll try it out. :wink:
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited July 2009
    I have it and love it.

I see no difference in how fast the game runs aftr using it.

cyn
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    anotherday28anotherday28 Posts: 79 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I don't know why I haven't downloaded this sooner! For my legacy I always have my heir have HUGE families with the hope at least some of them will have kids and keep expanding the family trees. So this helps them find partners and actually have kids instead of spawn them? If a Sim is Family Oriented, will they actually have more kids in Story Progression?

Also, my non-active Sims NEVER move up in their respective job tracks. They always stay at the first level, and they move up maybe once in their lives. Does this Mod help them actually move up their career ladders? Thanks!
  • Options
    MinouChanMinouChan Posts: 1,352 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I have it.
    It's nice but I miss my Awesome Mod... :(
  • Options
    AmyWrn23AmyWrn23 Posts: 23 Member
    edited July 2009
    I have had both the Awesome Mod and the Indie Mod at different times of course. I currently have the Indie Mod installed and haven't looked back. It depends on what you're looking for which mod is right for you. If you play one or two active households and you want the town to still continue the thrive around you Indie Mod is really the mod of choice. Awesome Mod is more for fixing bugs and if you want to control the whole town. I had Awesome Mod installed when I started my legacy and by generation 3 I think I had 2 houses in the town that were occupied and everyone else was homeless. There are some homeless with Indie Mod but for the most part people move in, get married, have kids, get jobs, get demoted, get fired, get divorced, and it's all pretty much controlled from your cell phone in the game. My best advice to anyone who's interested in trying it is to back up your save games, install it, start a new town, play for awhile, and see if it's right for you. If it's not just remove it from your Mods/Packages folder and it'll be gone. :D
  • Options
    WindsorErickWindsorErick Posts: 2,796 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I started the whole indie mod rage.
  • Options
    anotherday28anotherday28 Posts: 79 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I can't download the mod because my computer won't let me register. :(
  • Options
    Ronin2rxRonin2rx Posts: 682 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I just installed it the other day and so far it's working perfectly...finally "something" is happening in my neighborhood. :-)