Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I repair the slowness of my game?

I have had The Sims 3 and everything has been working great and running fast, all my settings were set to low except for two of them which were set to medium because I am not that fussy and I don't mind as long as it runs fast in game. But then just recently it started to run slowly in the middle of the game while I was playing. When i set The Sims 3 up it runs fast for about 5-10 minutes but then it starts running slow so as soon as it did that I minimized it and then opened it up again and it was fine for another 5-10 minutes and so I kept doing that because every time it made it fast again but now whenever I minimize it it only stays fast for about 3 minutes or so and I was wondering if there was a way for me to be able to make it fast again. My computer doesn't have any junk or anything on it and I even set one of the medium settings back to low but no difference. :cry:

Comments

• Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited July 2009
    Please tab down (hit the windows key) and open the task manager, list processes by name and look for dllhost.exe, wuaudt.exe, anything that starts with 'search' Yes i know some are system processes but you can end them safely and, they are major speed stalers when TS3 is running.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    LaceyLooLooLaceyLooLoo Posts: 42 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Thankyou so so so much I will go and try it. x x x
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I tried this method, but when I made the ones you told me to stop running they just kept coming back onto the task manager and I kept retrying to stop them but it wouldn't work. I went back onto sims and it still kept being slow after a while. I don't know whether it is anything to do with those updates but it didn't work :cry: Please can anyone help me with another suggesstion? x
  • Options
    judithmgallowayjudithmgalloway Posts: 104 Member
    edited July 2009
    I've been using Game Booster every time I play any game for a while now, and you may find it helps you speed up S3 a bit. Basically, it will shut down everything you don't need to put you in "Gaming Mode", then start it all up again at a single button click to put you back into "Normal Mode".

Here: http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html?Str=download

It's a free application, btw, and Iobit are a reputable company. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Thankyou, Thankyou! I am just about to try it and if it works, OH MY GOSH! you don't know how happy I will be thankyou! x x
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    OH NO! It hasn't worked! What on earth is going on here! I NEED HELP! HELP SOMEONE! PLEASE! If You've ever experienced sims in a slow form you will know what I mean IT'S TORTURE! :cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    cranberry11442cranberry11442 Posts: 313 New Member
    edited July 2009
    D'aww, I wish I could help you. But I myself have the same problem and I know what you mean by it being torture. :wink: You like have to wait 5 minutes after you click on the buy or build mode button. :shock:
  • Options
    Tenshi3Tenshi3 Posts: 2,653 New Member
    edited July 2009
    If your experiencing slow performance, it's probable that your hardware is struggling to cope with the game. I doubt there will be a fix which doesn't involve spending money.
  • Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited July 2009
    Just out of curiosity, what resolutions are you running your desktop and game at?
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Hey guys and girls I'm just reporting back to you all to tell you that I have resolved the problem! A few comments earlier someone told me about Game Booster so I tried it and it didn't work but then today I tried it again and it works perfectly and I have even turned some of the graphics up. Thankyou everyone! x x
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited July 2009
    Game booster is a big help, but it doesn't stop everything that can be stopped (ituneshelper and ea svc files in my case.) NO NOT EA GAME - eAcelleration, part of my protection and office suite software)
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.