The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Didn't Fix The Fact That My Sims Can't Travel

I was hoping the latest patch would fix the fact that my Sims can't seem to travel to the World Adventures destinations (Egypt, France, China) any more.

If I travel, 99% of the time I go to the destination, but none of my Sims arrive. Nothing is interactive, so returning home doesn't work; I have to reload the game from a Save.

I almost lost my main legacy family completely: the father was Simlish and the mother was Al-Simharan, so they had a custom-built vacation home in Al-Simhara where various family members spent a /LOT/of time.

My game was saved with the daughter (Ife Shaw, she's on the Exchange, actually) asleep in the Al Simhara house. After Generations was installed, I couldn't access either the family house /or/ the vacation house.

It was only after some tricky work involving saved games and old clipboard copies of the characters that I was able to reconstruct the family. They're not the originals, of course. Those were destroyed.

Really rather appalling, to lose access to an entire expansion pack like that.

Does anyone know if the EA folk are at least looking at this problem? At this point, I'm very tempted to just play Sims 2 exclusively, and wait for The Sims 4.

Thanks,

X

Comments

• Options
    XichusXichus Posts: 20 Member
    edited August 2011
    I'm reposting this from a related thread, in case someone is looking here who's experiencing a similar problem.

I finally did as one of the technical support threads suggested, and uninstalled my entire Sims 3 game (after backing up my save files, of course), and then re-installed from scratch, reinstalling all the expansions and add-ons in the order they were released.

For those who may wonder on that order, that's: The Sims 3; World Adventures; Loft Stuff; Ambitions; Fast Lane; Night Life; Outdoor Living; Generations; and Town Life.

The Good News: the improved sequential auto-patching did kill a lot of the quirky gameplay bugs I was experiencing. Not least of which, my Sims can now travel to World Adventures destinations reliably again.

The Less-Than-Good News
    : The infamous camera bug is not fixed by this procedure. Picture-taking worked well for a number of real-time days before finally failing again -- but even when it worked, it didn't work for completing World Adventures photo assignments. I'd take the picture requested, no problem, but the game still didn't recognize the task as complete.

And then the photo bug came back full-force after a few days of playing anyway ...

As a side note I used a program I like called Revo Uninstaller to help me ensure that The Sims 3 was completely gone from my system (registry entries and all that) before I re-installed.

I have no connection to Revo, I simply find it useful. If you're tech savvy enough to be interested, feel free to research it. There's a free version available at places like CNET; I actually found the program useful enough, that I bought the paid version.

Your mileage may vary, but I mention it here in case it's potentially helpful to someone thinking of doing what I did.

Cheers,

X
  • Options
    MyEnchantedaisyMyEnchantedaisy Posts: 14 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Nice info, Xichus. This bug or whatever is a serious pain in the *****. I have not been able to take pics since Generations. I really wish they'd get this fixed because having a cool feature in game like being able to take pics is only good if you can actually do it.

*Edit to add: I occasionally have an issue where my sim will visit a destination but he arrives...invisible! Cool, but even when he returns home he remains invisible. I assume this is related to your problem as well?
  • Options
    christine400christine400 Posts: 5,554 Member
    edited August 2011