Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unicorns Not What I Expected.

I thought the unicorns would be all goody-two-shoes like, but now that I heard they can curse other sims and set things (and maybe other sims) on fire, I'm actually liking unicorns now. Wonder If you can change their hair color?

Comments

• Options
    SumoBSumoB Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited August 2011
    I love the unicorns!! I just don't like the idea that you can just go and adopt one. In my opinion sims would need to complete missions (like the simbot missions 8) ) and then they could go to the science lab and then they would make a unicorn or something like that XD It just sounds so easy to just adopt one :/
  • Options
    Im0003Im0003 Posts: 679 Member
    edited August 2011
    you can't just adopt one, you have to do some kind of mission, maybe similar to the simbot one :). graham said it in the interview yesterday. you can change the colour of them too, one you own one they are as customisable as regular horses, maybe without the saddle.
  • Options
    SamerTimSamerTim Posts: 899
    edited August 2011
    And if you have two unicorns, they can have a.... what do you call unicorn offsprings?
  • Options
    AnthonoAnthono Posts: 904 New Member
    edited August 2011
    SamerTim wrote:
    And if you have two unicorns, they can have a.... what do you call unicorn offsprings?
    Unifilly/unicoalt
    Dont even ask me how I know that.
  • Options
    HatingHating Posts: 86
    edited August 2011
    I also heard that they have dragons in it too
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited August 2011
    A Sim having his own unicorns is ridiculous. In my opinion unicorns should not be able to be bound. It should be of a very rare appearance (although I'd like to see them immediately after installation) and a Sim should have to try hard and do some kind of a mission to ever find one. After he found it he could do some interaction (for instance bring a sick pet to be healed by the unicorn) but then it runs away. Wouldn't that be something?

Story
    Let's assume the Sim had contact to a unicorn in the past. They made friends and the unicorn told him (can they talk? Maybe we'd better go with a kind of telepathy) that whenever someone of his family is sick he shall bring him or her to the unicorn.
    Now imagine the following scene:
    It's almost midnight. The full moon is high in the sky and illuminates the scene in a pale blue-gray. A Sim stumbles through the woods. She carries a sick cat in her arms. The Sim is crying quietly because she fears for the life of her cat. Suddenly she sees a mysterious white shine. It's the unicorn in a distance, standing in a clearing. The Sim walks towards it and lays the cat on the ground. She is almost dead. Then the unicorn touches the cat with it's horn and the cat is healed.
    The unicorn turns around and runs away. Leaving a baffled but happy Sim behind.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited August 2011
    Cyron43 wrote:
    A Sim having his own unicorns is ridiculous. In my opinion unicorns should not be able to be bound. It should be of a very rare appearance (although I'd like to see them immediately after installation) and a Sim should have to try hard and do some kind of a mission to ever find one. After he found it he could do some interaction (for instance bring a sick pet to be healed by the unicorn) but then it runs away. Wouldn't that be something?

Story
    Let's assume the Sim had contact to a unicorn in the past. They made friends and the unicorn told him (can they talk? Maybe we'd better go with a kind of telepathy) that whenever someone of his family is sick he shall bring him or her to the unicorn.
    Now imagine the following scene:
    It's almost midnight. The full moon is high in the sky and illuminates the scene in a pale blue-gray. A Sim stumbles through the woods. In his hands he carries a sick cat. The Sim is crying quietly because she fears for the life of her cat. Suddenly the Sim sees a mysterious shine. It's the unicorn in a distance. The Sim walks towards it and lays the cat on the ground. She is almost dead. Then the unicorn touches the cat with it's horn and the cat is healed.
    The unicorn turns around and runs away. Leaving a baffled but happy Sim behind.

I would love that...
    but what is it about them? I can't find the info...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited August 2011
    Cyron,

For once I agree with you. I don't appeal to the idea of *owning* the Unicorn itself. I mean ... it would've been better if you had to do a mission for them and they'd give you powers - or something! I don't know really..
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Conorsim wrote:
    Cyron,
    For once I agree with you.

For once? Did we have any disputes in the past? I can't remember. Maybe because all this werewolve vs unicorns fighting isn't really important. Let's burry that crap. :)
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member
    edited August 2011
    Conorsim wrote:
    Cyron,

For once I agree with you. I don't appeal to the idea of *owning* the Unicorn itself. I mean ... it would've been better if you had to do a mission for them and they'd give you powers - or something! I don't know really..

I agree with you guys. The experience should be a rare and special thing.

The unicorn is a legendary animal commonly portrayed as a white horse with a goat's beard and a large, pointed, spiraling horn projecting from its forehead. First mentioned by the ancient Greeks, it became the most important imaginary animal of the middle ages and Renaissance when it was commonly described as an extremely wild woodland creature, a symbol of purity and grace, which could only be captured by a virgin. In the encyclopedias its horn was said to have the power to render poisoned water potable and to heal sickness. The unicorn, through its intemperance and not knowing how to control itself, for the love it bears to fair maidens forgets its ferocity and wildness; and laying aside all fear it will go up to a seated damsel and go to sleep in her lap, and thus the hunters take it.

I'd rather just have my female child and teen sims be able to befriend it and summon it to visit.

Perhaps a female child or teen could actually own one through a difficult challenge and anyone else would risk death by impalement.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Cyron43 wrote:
    For once? Did we have any disputes in the past? I can't remember. Maybe because all this werewolve vs unicorns fighting isn't really important. Let's burry that crap. :)

Oh no I don't think we've ever bickered, but I do read a lot ;)

I didn't take sides in the whole Unicorn Vs. Werewolf. I think the fight is just immature and pathetic since grown adults get involved. :|
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    CK213 wrote:
    I agree with you guys. The experience should be a rare and special thing.

The unicorn is a legendary animal commonly portrayed as a white horse with a goat's beard and a large, pointed, spiraling horn projecting from its forehead. First mentioned by the ancient Greeks, it became the most important imaginary animal of the middle ages and Renaissance when it was commonly described as an extremely wild woodland creature, a symbol of purity and grace, which could only be captured by a virgin. In the encyclopedias its horn was said to have the power to render poisoned water potable and to heal sickness. The unicorn, through its intemperance and not knowing how to control itself, for the love it bears to fair maidens forgets its ferocity and wildness; and laying aside all fear it will go up to a seated damsel and go to sleep in her lap, and thus the hunters take it.

I'd rather just have my female child and teen sims be able to befriend it and summon it to visit.

Perhaps a female child or teen could actually own one through a difficult challenge and anyone else would risk death by impalement.

Yes I would prefer if only certain sims had access to the creature itself. It'd make it much more of a special experience. And if a non-virgin/non-female sim touched or talked to it, it'd be killed instantly - a new death? I just don't think EA thought about Unicorns much ... Occults are meant to be exclusive and secrecy, and yet, to me it seems, if you walk around town one will pop up? :|
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited August 2011
    Well, I for one would love to actually have a unicorn for my sims, and the beauty of it is, all of you who don't want to own one -- just play your games that way. Don't allow your sims to ever keep a unicorn.

But I want the freedom for my sims to actually have theirs. So I'm over the moon at the thought. :D I'm thrilled that EA is letting us keep them if we want. Now I just have to figure out a way to keep the raccoons and deer. Maybe there will be a mod for that. :P
  • Options
    simgreensimgreen Posts: 1,630 New Member
    edited August 2011
    CK213 wrote:
    This explains why unicorn meat is rare and valuable in sims medieval. Still, I'd like the possibility to own the unicorn and be the unicorn.
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited August 2011
    You can change the appearance of the unicorn after you adopt!
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Halle_M wrote:
    Well, I for one would love to actually have a unicorn for my sims, and the beauty of it is, all of you who don't want to own one -- just play your games that way. Don't allow your sims to ever keep a unicorn.

But I want the freedom for my sims to actually have theirs. So I'm over the moon at the thought. :D

OK maybe that's even better. So every Simmer can have it the way he/she likes best. :thumbup:
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited August 2011
    Cyron43 wrote:
    OK maybe that's even better. So every Simmer can have it the way he/she likes best. :thumbup:

Yeah, exactly! :D
  • Options
    DanibleeDaniblee Posts: 2,429 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I like the idea of owning a unicorn. It brings a little more fantasy to the game.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited August 2011
    I like the idea of owning a unicorn. I was really hoping that they wouldn't be an NPC, so I'm happy they aren't.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    esperonza16esperonza16 Posts: 3,830 Member
    edited August 2011
    I like the idea of owning a unicorn. I just hope I wont be riding around and see an NPC sim riding their own unicorn. I'd have to steal it then. :lol: I can't wait to make a black one with blue flames. :D
  • Options
    Mikki101Mikki101 Posts: 302 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I'd love to have my Evil Sim riding around on his/her black, flaming unicorn blowing stuff up and setting things on fire >:D
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited August 2011
    Mikki101 wrote:
    I'd love to have my Evil Sim riding around on his/her black, flaming unicorn blowing stuff up and setting things on fire >:D

My Grim Reaper will be riding it too! You know, he is one of the four horsemen (he would basically admit it if you killed everyone in your house in TS2).

P.S. Dark Grey counts as Pale Black, right?
  • Options
    cornpuffscornpuffs Posts: 785 New Member
    edited August 2011
    SumoB wrote:
    I love the unicorns!! I just don't like the idea that you can just go and adopt one. In my opinion sims would need to complete missions (like the simbot missions 8) ) and then they could go to the science lab and then they would make a unicorn or something like that XD It just sounds so easy to just adopt one :/

In the lve chat One of the guys said that it is actually a little challenging to really find and keep a unicorn...or you can get one with lifetime happiness points