Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reincarnation?

Okay, so Hi everyone I'm Magic. You probably already know that because you can see my name right there but...

Anyway, so I'm new to The Sims 3. And I know that your sims can now be reincarnated when they die instead of just going away forever, or becoming a ghost. But my question is, HOW do you do it? I mean I think that there is some special way of going about reincarnation but what I want to know is exactly how so I can try it out.

Like, does your sim need a maximum amount of life happiness points or something?

Any help would be appreciated! :D

Comments

• Options
    butterflyarashibutterflyarashi Posts: 61 Member
    edited August 2011
    If you have a sim with high enough cooking skill to make it, you can get the ghost to eat ambrosia. There is also, usually an oppritunity after the sim dies to get the sim back to life, although I don't think that always works.
  • Options
    MAGICALMJJ13MAGICALMJJ13 Posts: 177 Member
    edited August 2011
    Oh okay, Thanks Butterflyarashi. :)

So the ambrosia, Is there a list of ingredients needed to make it?
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited August 2011
    1st you need to learn the recipe and you need level cooking. Need level 7-10 gardening and 7-10 fishing. Since the two things you need are:

life fruit and death fish (and to get death fish you need angel fish).
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CuddlyBunCuddlyBun Posts: 6,514 New Member
    edited August 2011
    This should help you: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Ambrosia :)
  • Options
    butterflyarashibutterflyarashi Posts: 61 Member
    edited August 2011
    CuddlyBun wrote:

I was getting ready to bring that link up. That is what I get for posting and playing lol
  • Options
    TotaTota Posts: 1,385 Member
    edited August 2011
    Carl's Sims 3 guides are the best guides I've read, check it out:
    http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/cooking/ambrosia.php
    Of Kings and Castles
  • Options
    MAGICALMJJ13MAGICALMJJ13 Posts: 177 Member
    edited August 2011
    So it all sounds really interesting and its a challenge I'd like to place on my sims, learning those skills without the help of certain mood cheats, lol. I've been playing without cheats unless I really need the Make all happy one (Is more used to The Sims 2 cheats) to make it more interesting.

Thanks everyone for being so helpful about this! Has anyone every reincarnated one of their sims before?, just wondering.
  • Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    edited August 2011
    So it all sounds really interesting and its a challenge I'd like to place on my sims, learning those skills without the help of certain mood cheats, lol. I've been playing without cheats unless I really need the Make all happy one (Is more used to The Sims 2 cheats) to make it more interesting.

Thanks everyone for being so helpful about this! Has anyone every reincarnated one of their sims before?, just wondering.

I have! :D You can get lifefruit from 'buydebug' and deathfish at the cemetery. If you want the sim back in your household, make sure to take the tombstone to the science lab first to make the ghost playable before feeding the ghost the ambrosia.
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    Damaris1972Damaris1972 Posts: 29 New Member
    edited August 2011
    MadameLee wrote:
    1st you need to learn the recipe and you need level cooking. Need level 7-10 gardening and 7-10 fishing. Since the two things you need are:

life fruit and death fish (and to get death fish you need angel fish).

Oh, dang. I got excited... I thought by "reincarnation" we were actually talking about a Sim dying and then being reborn in another Sim's body with eventual vague memories of their past life. I thought I'd come across something that I had never heard of in the game before... :shock:
  • Options
    seaweedyseaweedy Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited August 2011
    I've used the Oh My Ghost opportunity. You get the opportunity to bring the remains of a dead sim to the Science Facility and next that sim is a playable ghost. If the sim eats ambrosia, he/she will be restored to life.