Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Criminal Warehouse 'bug'

Not sure if this has been brought up, but I'm having an issue in which my Sim cannot stop the evil plot taking place at the Criminal Warehouse due a glitch. When he arrives there, he attempts to enter via the back door. The door however, will not open up for him. He tries to open it, but is unable to enter. This began to occur after he successfully raided the Criminal Warehouse a few days earlier. (so it did work at one point) I'm on the 1.2.7 version.

Comments

• Options
    Chase_PaynceChase_Paynce Posts: 1,613 New Member
    edited July 2009
    This is a known bug and of this moment, Im not sure there are any fixes to it.
  • Options
    trek_mtnbikertrek_mtnbiker Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Thanks for the info. Hopefully they take care of this quickly, as it's one of the more fun 'side quests' for the law enforcement career!
  • Options
    DulceNYCDulceNYC Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    The same thing has happened to me, even with the criminal career track! It's frustrating because now I can't accomplish my Sim's Lifetime Wish :cry:
  • Options
    SimGuru_BGY_11SimGuru_BGY_11 Posts: 7,508 SimGuru (retired)
    edited July 2009
    Hi, all.

To correct the issue with the warehouse, enter Edit Town mode, remove it and re-add it into your game to reset its status.

-Big Guy-
  • Options
    TexasDepTexasDep Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Hi, all.

To correct the issue with the warehouse, enter Edit Town mode, remove it and re-add it into your game to reset its status.

-Big Guy-
    I've tried deleting the building and re-adding it back several times with no luck. Sims still can't access the building to go to work, buy a share of the business, etc. I found I couldn't re-add the building without using moveobjects. Could there be something on the lot that's in the way?

BTW, I hadn't edited this lot prior to attempting to fix this issue.
  • Options
    CinnamonbiteCinnamonbite Posts: 10 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I thought of deleting the building and trying again too. Deleted it, game wouldn't let me replace it. Kept saying there was something in the way. Not only was I replacing it in the exact same spot, I cleared the entire lot and it still wouldn't let me put the building there.
    Big glitch. Can't fix it.
  • Options
    samwuvssimssamwuvssims Posts: 128 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Oh dear! I hope this doesn't happen to me. :\
  • Options
    grinsgrins Posts: 258 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I put the criminal building on an entirely different lot. It works fine now.

Edit: I changed the lot type from 'residential' to 'community.' Just sharing what worked for me.

Good luck guys :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top