Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm thinkning of downloading the Town Life....

Tell me honestly, is it worth it for the money and items? Tell me the truth .

Comments

• Options
    SmalpSmalp Posts: 2,905 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I'm wondering that too but I was watching a video about it hope it helps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdQF9IsIcOI&feature=feedu
  • Options
    JayneoJayneo Posts: 14
    edited July 2011
    I'm also unsure on if I should get it too so any recommendations would be appreciated.. I bought FastLane not that long agao and found it didn't really change much :?

• Options
    HashaunaHashauna Posts: 125 Member
    edited July 2011
    Now I really don't know after seeing that video!! I'm going to have to think about this a little more! Thanks for the video
    :-o
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited July 2011
    On the subject of download is the downloadable version of Town Life on Origin playable for Mac to?
  • Options
    dignityx0dignityx0 Posts: 23
    edited July 2011
    knazzer wrote:
    On the subject of download is the downloadable version of Town Life on Origin playable for Mac to?

I wouldn't do it. I have a mac too. I bought sims Townlife stuff on there, then i found out i had to download this .exe file which is windows, so i got it on parellels for windows... But it still wouldnt let me download. When i checked, it said i bought the Sims 3 base game. im like ***, and the customer service were such jerks... there so ********. Im like explaining that it was the WRONG game, and i want a refund. And the guy was like- - what do yu want? im like omg i got the wrong game, explain to me what happened. or like give me a refund LOL

SO dont use origin!!!!
  • Options
    mercifullynewmercifullynew Posts: 103 Member
    edited July 2011
    knazzer wrote:

You can get the downloadable version for mac on Amazon (5 cents off today - big deal) and Gametreemac.com.

edited to change a word of sarcastic cheering to "deal" because apparently the other word is considered bad :?:
  • Options
    PammyJoPammyJo Posts: 29 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Like all the packs, it's a crap shoot whether the game/expansion/stuff pack will work for you. So many different computers/combinations. EA just can't make it stable.
    But as far as the stuff. The clothes are good, the build stuff very limited and the buy mode stuff is kinda cool. all in all, it's probably worth the BUY, but IF you can install, and IF it doesn't mess things up for your game, and IF it stays stable and doesn't remove things you were happy with is the problem.
  • Options
    SIMAddict211SIMAddict211 Posts: 134 New Member
    edited August 2011
    This supposedly stuff packs is not worth it I played it on a friends computer and the only new things you get are some venues which are mostly rabbit holes and a new gym, school the only thing I liked about it was the new park and you get a couple of new hairstyles for the women and men and the outfits are horrendous I always use custom content clothing for my sim because the ones EA produces are bad with no sense of fashion town life is not worth 20 dollars maybe five dollars :P
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited August 2011
    Honestly if you are not into remodeling hoods and really don't care about a few new items in hair, clothing, exercise and laundry, then no it is not worth it. I like stripping all the lots out and redoing worlds so, for me, yes a good buy.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited August 2011
    Let the pics speak for themselves. If you like the look of the stuff and you have the specs to play it, pick it up. If you're not sure, wait until you are or decide not to.

Here are pics:

http://www.thesimalogue.com/ts3-tl-fashion-catalogue.html
    http://www.thesimalogue.com/ts3-tl-buy-catalogue.html
    http://www.thesimalogue.com/ts3-tl-build-catalogue.html

Personally, I like it. I think the gym clothes are pretty nice and I like the geometric build / buy style.
  • Options
    userkitty1969userkitty1969 Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited August 2011
    I think it is worth buying, but I think they are all worth buying. It has some cute new clothes, but what I really love is the new buildings. It is really nice to have a change in my town. Since we have to have rabbitholes, it's nice to have some new, modern-looking buildings, and the non-rabbithole buildings are nice, too. But, like someone else said, if you don't take the time to make changes to the town your sim is in, I don't think it would be worth spending the money on. I do, so I love it. It did cause a small, but very annoying, glitch after installing it and the new patch, though. I'm having an issue with my sims pausing every minute or two. Never had that problem until installing, but I don't know for sure if it was the patch or Town Life.