The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How come I've never had a burglar?

Well, as much as I find burglary devastating in the real world... PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ROB MY SIMS! I mean come on, I haven't been robbed once, and I've been playing for ages! Is there any way that I can be robbed?

Comments

• Options
    to0tsto0ts Posts: 147 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I don't understand why everyone wants to be burglarized! It's not that great. Your Sims just lose precious sleep...
  • Options
    DustinHall13DustinHall13 Posts: 74 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Do you have a thief alarm in your house? Because you have less of a chance of getting robbed if you have one, like I have only been robbed once and then I bought an alarm then I've never got a burglar since
  • Options
    WindsorErickWindsorErick Posts: 2,796 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I guess it is the suspense and thrill of it. I just want my sims to have something stolen, and not by Don Lothario!
  • Options
    WindsorErickWindsorErick Posts: 2,796 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I do not have an alarm. :lol:
  • Options
    Mandy347Mandy347 Posts: 255 Member
    edited July 2009
    I think the Lucky trait also decreases your changes of getting robbed.
  • Options
    Silver16Silver16 Posts: 2,014 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Your house smells. The burglar quite simply doesn't like it.
  • Options
    AldousCrodennAldousCrodenn Posts: 37 New Member
    edited July 2009
    to0ts wrote:
    I don't understand why everyone wants to be burglarized! It's not that great. Your Sims just lose precious sleep...

Well, if you have the Brave trait it gives you an free chance to beat someone up? Maybe that is why?
  • Options
    luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Yeah..
    Ive never gotten robbed on the game either. Wether I have an alarm or not.. still no burglar.
  • Options
    DancingXtremeDancingXtreme Posts: 632 Member
    edited July 2009
    Funny, the last time I replied to a burglary thread I said I had never been robbed yet. Then I went to play my game 10 minutes later and had my first burglar. Maybe that will happen to you, lol.
  • Options
    unsecretcrushunsecretcrush Posts: 1,029 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I had made and played through 2 generations of households before I had a burglary. When my legacy founder finally had enough money to fit her hovel with an actual bathroom, that very same night a burglar came and stole her sink. :(
  • Options
    djonas63djonas63 Posts: 1,097 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I was robbed once in Sims 1. Not yet in Sims 2, took the alarm away to see what would happen. And not yet in 3, no alarm again. I just want it to happen so I can see. Like getting the Christmas tree and putting it out just to see Santa, or killing a Sim to see Death. Or trying to kill Santa by putting the tree up so you can see Death. :twisted:
  • Options
    DustinHall13DustinHall13 Posts: 74 New Member
    edited July 2009
    wait, there's a Christmas Tree in Sims 3? Or is this Sims 1 or 2 your talking about?
  • Options
    djonas63djonas63 Posts: 1,097 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Not yet but I am sure we will have the pack out before Christmas gets here.
  • Options
    nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited July 2009
    I'm almost on week 30, and not one of my households have encountered a burglary.
  • Options
    SupremeAmandaSupremeAmanda Posts: 1,884 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I was burglarized about 20 minutes ago before i got online. Two Sims were home sleeping-one with the brave trait(and is a cop) the other on the 7th level of the military branch with the lucky trait.

I have an alarm.

Called the cops and the cop just got beat up and the burglar made off (I watched him the entire time he was in my house though and didn't see him make off with anything)