Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sim is stuck >_<

Hi peeps.

I've been playing a lot this morning and had 2 errors. My Sim is a ghost hunter and while he was scanning for ghosts, the ghost popped up behind the wall, in another apartment. So the ghost was stuck. I didn't think much of it, other than it was an annoyance, because I could just leave and catch ghosts elsewhere.

But later in the morning, my Sim was at home and cleaned his shower. He then stepped back to get out of his clothes before his own shower, and went behind the wall of the apartment next door. >< Now he's stuck! I can't get him out via opening the door from the inside, of course and he won't magically go back through the wall. :( He just reached level 10 in his profession too.

Can I get him back in?

Comments

• Options
    Agerboned12Agerboned12 Posts: 907 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Did you try to reset him:

1. Open the cheats console (Ctrl+Shift+C)
    2. In the blue bar that appears, type [TestingCheatsEnabled true] without the brackets and press enter
    3. Now open the cheats console again, and type [resetsim FirstName LastName], again without the brackets and use your sims name so: resetsim Micky Mouse
    4. Press enter and that should give him a jolt and return him home safe and sound.

Alternatively, do steps 1, 2 and 3 but only type [resetsim *] instead of the sim's name. That will reset all sims in the town, including him.

If that doesn't work, let us know. There are a couple of other things to try.
  • Options
    Leah1980Leah1980 Posts: 907 Member
    edited July 2011
    Have you tried
    testingcheatsenabled true
    then moveobjects on
    then just move him in buy mode.
  • Options
    NekovivieNekovivie Posts: 62 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Yay! I was able to reset him using the test cheats. Thanks so much!

I was starting to feel bad for him. He's afraid of the dark and was stuck in a dark room, lol.
  • Options
    Agerboned12Agerboned12 Posts: 907 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Glad to hear it fixed it.