Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

update for imac taking long time help!

So i got a new 2011 imac today and decided to install the sims 3 on it. it's in the process of updating but it seems to be taking forever. I started the update at around *30pm and its now almost 930 pm. Are the updates supposed to take this long for sims 3 on mac?

Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11

Comments

• Options
    mercifullynewmercifullynew Posts: 103 Member
    edited July 2011
    I think the last time I reinstalled it did take some time. Is it at least making progress? I had time to go grocery shopping and came home right when it finished. I'd say if it takes 30 more minutes and the progress doesn't increase, you may want to restart your computer and start again.
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    edited July 2011
    I think the last time I reinstalled it did take some time. Is it at least making progress? I had time to go grocery shopping and came home right when it finished. I'd say if it takes 30 more minutes and the progress doesn't increase, you may want to restart your computer and start again.

its making progress its at the end now. I'm just surprised that it took so long. Anyways thanks for your help. :)
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    mercifullynewmercifullynew Posts: 103 Member
    edited July 2011
    Yea, I don't know why it takes so long. No problem :). Hopefully you get to sim soon!