Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ever had a sim make you feel... Conflicted?

Nathan Roth is a teenager with the rebellious and daredevil trait. Where ever Nathan went, trouble followed. He’s done everything, from ***** traps to chucking eggs at the neighbors, to dancing on counters and drinking in bars to throwing teen parties. The police know him very well because of that. He evades them most of the time, but other times he isn’t so lucky. In short, he is a teenage hellion. His parents have tried again and again to discipline him. Everything from grounding him to taking away his privileges but nothing seems to work. He was always so sure of himself.
Until now.

Like any teenager, he has friends. Bronson, who is currently wooing his younger sister (Nathan doesn’t really care. He can have her), and Jett Atkins. Now Jett was an unusual one. He has slept over in his apartment before and his room left little to be desired. The colors were so bright and it just felt so… Girly. Doesn’t help that Jett wears make-up. And it really doesn’t help that Jett walked in on him showering once.

Well, he feels… Strange around him. (I have clicked the “Romance” interactions more than a couple of times and have debated whether or not to experiment). The way he should feel with girls. He never had any luck with Elspeth and Mars (Custom sim) was much too shy and much too troubled.

Well, prom came up and Peyton gave him flowers. This surprised Nathan as well as made him kinda happy. Maybe he’d finally get into a relationship. I mean, his sister just turned into a teen the other day and she’s already making a move on his other best friend. He wasn’t sure how to proceed though and didn’t do anything afterwards in fear things would get awkward (This all happened in front of his sister, Bronson and... You guessed it, Jett.)

That day, Nathan was also getting mood swings and one of his wants was to finally prank the school, something he’s been trying to do but keeps failing at. He then receives a phone call. At that moment, Nathan stops his shenanigans and answers it. It might be one of those people willing to give you cash if you run an errand. But nope, it was Jett. And he was asking him to prom!
He really didn’t know how to answer. (at this point, I paused the game, Alt+tabbed and started writing this.)

You know what fascinates me? It really feels like I’m Nathan! Granted, the genders are switched but he’s one of my favorite sims and I care about him. I can picture myself in his shoes. My friend, of the same gender who I’ve had weird feelings about suddenly asks me out and I don’t know if I should say yes or no. This is only a video game, but I still feel pressured, helpless, confused! I’ve never had a sim make me think so hard!

So… Has this happened to you before? I’m either going to say “Yes” or drag out their little love story like a soap opera by making him say no and dwell a bit more on his conflicted feelings. XD

Comments

• Options
    CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited July 2011
    This will make a good story
  • Options
    toffeecremetoffeecreme Posts: 507 New Member
    edited July 2011
    interesting dilema, i say go for it!
  • Options
    xxStellaLUNAxxStellaLUNA Posts: 18
    edited July 2011
    Well, I decided that since Nathan wasn't getting any younger, he'd say yes. Right after saying yes he then pranked the school and... LE GASP. He finally succeeded!

Then it hit me.

I flooded the school. It is Sunday. Prom is on Wednesday.

I hope sims don't really care about flooded prom venues :?
  • Options
    emobreademobread Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    Yes many times :shock:
  • Options
    QEEboyQEEboy Posts: 1,420 New Member
    edited July 2011
    What a great story. I think you definitely did the right thing.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Alright, so I just had prom. Both siblings got their first kiss and went steady with their boyfriends. Everything went great even though both Bronson and Jett were glitching so I had to switch households and manually direct them to prom -.- I got so many pop-ups that were just fantastic (Everyone copying Jett/Nath's moves, them sneaking a kiss behind the punch table, Bronson telling Jill he liked her alot, she couldn't wipe the smile off her face. Etc.)It was... Adorable. I wish my prom was as awesome as theirs. XD Nathan was announced Prom King. :shock: But sadly, Jett wasn't uh... Prom King? Prom Queen? I'm not even sure WHO the prom queen was! (I wondered if it could only be male/female. And thought having the siblings be the king/queen would be hilarious and epically wrong) XD The picture in the scrapbook is a bit... What the hell. It looks like Jett is pinching him in the underarms <.< And Jett isn't even wearing his formal clothes at all. In fact barely anyone is >:(

But yes, it was awesome. <3
  • Options
    pyrochemistpyrochemist Posts: 73
    edited July 2011
    :D What a fantastic story!
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited July 2011
    Awwww.....don't break Jett's heart! I think you have to say "yes." :P

EDIT: lol, oops, I didn't finish reading before I responded. How sweet! I'm glad they had a nice time. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Thanks everyone :D I really appreciate it.

So~ anyone else have stories like this? Sims that seriously make you troubled, like you're actually dealing with RL situation? :P
  • Options
    CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited July 2011
    Thanks everyone :D I really appreciate it.

So~ anyone else have stories like this? Sims that seriously make you troubled, like you're actually dealing with RL situation? :P

You are welcome