Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Interests, likes and hates idea

ShTiger01ShTiger01 Posts: 1,282 New Member
Apologies if this has already been suggested.

We can already do personality traits, and favourite colours and foods, but how about some real interests and hates?

Likes and hates can then lead to wants and fears, lifetime wishes etc.

Things like:

Fish, animals, birds, insects, history, painting, reading, space, dinosaurs, cooking, computer games.

You can either like or hate any of these. I know some of these are similar to personality traits, but they should differ so that a child who is interested in space really wants a space orientated room for example. These likes can then be changed with each lifetime phase (i.e a child who likes space can then grows into a teenager who hates space, or wishes to become an astronaut)

Charlotte

Check out my wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=ShTiger01

Comments

• Options
    LovetheFridgesLovetheFridges Posts: 84 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I really like that idea. Perhaps, they could have it where you hate it, or fear it (as it seems people mix those two often.)If they do it right, that could add some much needed challenge to the game. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    That would be cool - seriously phobic of something. Like if they can be afraid of the dark, so the light stays on at night and if it gets switched off they wake up and start freaking out!!
  • Options
    NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited July 2011
    pretty cool ideas. likes hates and fears. u can only hate/fear certain things. like the dark and since u cant really hate the dark u fear it... vice versa with lets say spinach. u like it or hate it. u cant fear it...
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited July 2011
    I think they should give us more favorite categories but I agree having dislikes would be a fun new dimension.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Not true Nathan - I don't like the dark, but I don't fear it. And I know someone who is truly phobic of gooseberries (yes, they are weird). Lol!!
  • Options
    NathanNowellNathanNowell Posts: 933 Member
    edited July 2011
    Well you either like it, fear it, or it's neutral... I think there should be some sort of slider and the more to the right it is, the more you fear it/hate it. The more to the left the slider is, the more you like it. If it's in the middle it's neutral. That way you can make Sims who are a little bit scared of the dark, and some who are completely afraid.
  • Options
    ladynaavaladynaava Posts: 1,243 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I am curious what game impact- if any do current likes/dislikes have. I would only want more, if there was some game impact.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Well yes, they would impact relationships - obviously Sims with similar interests will get on, while someone who loves Space and someone who's afraid of alien invasion wouldn't.

The other thing is lifetime wishes and careers - interests could determine whether they enjoy a career or get bored of it and refuse to work for example.

It can also determine how much they like their home - using the space example, a Sim could love their home if it was decorated with space-themed objects, but be really depressed in their home if it was decorated in underwater of girly themes. How they feel about their home then impacts what they want to do - if they love their home they study better, cook better, keep it clean etc. If they hate their home they become slobbish, refuse to study and just spend the time day-dreaming about their likes.