Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Add singing as a skill

the have that cool jazz mic but i wanna sing!!

Comments

• Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited June 2011

Lucky you, I don't have any mic. Is it cc or did it come with an ep?

I too would like to see singing in the game and it would be wonderful if it were a skill.

Oh, I want to emphasize here, singing the forign songs is not what I want. I want my sims to sing with the band or at least have karaoke again with skills!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited June 2011
    This would actually be really cool.
  • Options
    dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited June 2011

YES! YES! YES! I know my sims would love to sing!
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited June 2011
    It should have come with Late Night anyway so im in .
  • Options
    OnAvieOnAvie Posts: 1,611 Member
    edited June 2011
    I posted a thread about singing a while ago - it's something I'd REAALLLY love to have in the game.

I know singing into microphones and such will be very useful for machinimas, especially sims music videos!

Maybe they can add a new trait with it: Soulful Singer. Obviously, sims with this trait will gain the singing skill much quicker.

Also, they could add rapping and presenting speaches to a group of sims if they include microphones.
  • Options
    lilcasslilcass Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited June 2011
    My sims already sing. A skill would be nice though.
  • Options
    deathquakerdeathquaker Posts: 42
    edited June 2011
    Agreed! I'd actually forgotten about the songs from World Adventures--not because I don't use it, but it's become just part of my Sims' activities to randomly sing while fishing or taking a bath---but that's not the same thing as being in a band and singing with a mike!

I miss the "freestyle" thing from the Sims 2, too. I know the devs don't want to repeat everything ever done in the Sims and the Sims 2 and I appreciate trying to take things in a somewhat new direction, but there's no shame in reusing good ideas (travel, pets, Miss Crumplebottom :) ) and some of those little features like giving speeches, freestyling, and singing TO PERFORM are all great things that need to be part of the Sims 3. Plus they're great for animations for videos.
  • Options
    Sims3issofunSims3issofun Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited June 2011
    That would be great!
  • Options
    PoppyRichardsPoppyRichards Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited June 2011
    YESS!!! Soooo agree with this. Have wanted it for ages! Would be a good branch of the music career, or even actor career!
    2dl3asp.jpg
  • Options
    maggedmagged Posts: 24 New Member
    edited June 2011
    They should bring back the karaoke machine
  • Options
    KitKat383838KitKat383838 Posts: 1,405 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Yes yes yes! Singing would be a BLAST! And the whole rapping thing would be awesome too! I'd also like some other instruments though, like violin. Always wanted that. And the Music career should be upgraded so that you can PICK what instrument you want to specialize in instead of the default "guitar."
  • Options
    TateSaundersTateSaunders Posts: 997 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Yes, be nice if they expanded the music career, added singing, also added the instrumentws from LN to the career.
  • Options
    ihavesorelegsnowihavesorelegsnow Posts: 43 Member
    edited June 2011
    I think it's silly that now we have all the other instruments the only one that counts in the music career at the theatre is guitar (especially for the classical branch) seeing as they have the piano now. But a singing career would be so cool, you could have a pop/rock or operatic branch! and I second the person who mentioned it would be a good skill for actors to have too. Musical theatre anyone??
  • Options
    KitKat383838KitKat383838 Posts: 1,405 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Musical theatre anyone??

I'd go for that!
  • Options
    CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited June 2011
    Musical theatre anyone??

I'd go for that!

Same here too
  • Options
    PoppyRichardsPoppyRichards Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited June 2011
    I second the person who mentioned it would be a good skill for actors to have too. Musical theatre anyone??

Exactly :D this could be immense!
    2dl3asp.jpg
  • Options
    zollsazollsa Posts: 31 Member
    edited June 2011
    i think its a great idea but i also think dancing should be a skill
  • Options
    GerardoGerardo Posts: 77 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Yes, please add a microphone and the ability to dance together like in the Sims nightfall of the Sims 2.
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited June 2011
    zollsa wrote:
    i also think dancing should be a skill

its a hidden skill . as well as club dancing
  • Options
    SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited June 2011
    I would love for there to be a singing skill for musical career or hobby.
    There could be a new trait for people who are excellent singers, but there could also be a trait for people who can't carry a tune.

One of the Sims I want to create is someone who can play piano but can't carry a tune when he sings.

Perhaps they could also add more voices to choose from as well. The current selections just don't work for me.

Oh, and they should be able to sing without a microphone as well as with one. And they could have the headset mics as well as handheld ones for the Sims that use microphones.

Sims singing opera would be pretty cool.
  • Options
    itsmetosha123itsmetosha123 Posts: 124
    edited June 2011
    Yes yes yes! Singing would be a BLAST! And the whole rapping thing would be awesome too! I'd also like some other instruments though, like violin. Always wanted that. And the Music career should be upgraded so that you can PICK what instrument you want to specialize in instead of the default "guitar."

I absoutly LOVE this idea!I never like my sims playing guitar Ive always liked them playing piano.So this would make me so much happier
  • Options
    DarrellRBeebeDarrellRBeebe Posts: 663 Member
    edited June 2011
    I love many of these ideas. Make them so, EA.