Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I extract a house from a save file?

Every time I try to load one particular save file the game hangs at 99% loading. I have no mods, just CC, and it's only one save file that I can't load... I don't care about the family I made or the story or anything, I just want the house. Is there any way to extract the house from the save file? All I want to do is load the save file, package the house and go back to the main menu and put the house in a sim-less building neighborhood so I can work on it more. It's quite a stunning house, imo.

Comments

• Options
    lynx2282lynx2282 Posts: 25 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I would like to add that I have done all cache and resets and moving the custom content and all work arounds and fixes. I just want this house, I don't want to have to stat over.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    i hate to do this but i need an answer so... bump
  • Options
    GenaeveGenaeve Posts: 42 Member
    edited June 2011
    Try uninstalling your CC and putting them back in a few at a time.
    Move your packages from your Mods Folder into a safe folder on your desktop.
    Start up your launcher, hit the Installed Content Tab and uninstall your sims3packs.
    Now, try starting up the saved game. If it does start up, you can bet it's a naughty CC.
    I would then begin re-installing the sims3pack cc a few at a time from the launcher. Every 5 0r 10 CC installed, check your saved game again. If they are all clean, you can start placing the Mods Folder CC back into the game a few at a time. If it doesn't load up again, then you know it's got to be one of the ones you just installed.

9 times out of 10, most issues are caused by a CC gone wild :P
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    i've done everything, it still does the same thing, it just hangs at like 99% for eternity. I have no mods, my cc is gone, cache gone, what do i do? :cry:
  • Options
    evilkyttievilkytti Posts: 2,854 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Have tried to make a copy of them file and see if you can open it then?