Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sick of the constant game crashes!

I hate the Sims 3!! It is absolutely full of problems, glitches etc. they obviously have rushed this game. The amount of times it crashes is increasing everytime I play it. I go to the game, 30 mins in, its freezes, goes black, reappears (screen has darkened) then It freezes again and crashes! I have added all the expansions etc to the DEP list thing. COULD SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE?

Comments

• Options
    adityarajadityaraj Posts: 358 New Member
    edited June 2011
    seriously.....sims 3 is overrun with glitches...and eversince i updated my game the glitches have become worse instead of getting better.....its time ea does someting about this :thumbdown:
  • Options
    Matthew67Matthew67 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2011
    yes it must be the patch, because all this has happened since I updated my game.
  • Options
    lycanthropy7lycanthropy7 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I am having the same problems. I have done numerous things to try and rectify the problem but nothing helps, I even completely uninstalled the games and same crashing problems as before.
  • Options
    GenaeveGenaeve Posts: 42 Member
    edited June 2011
    Completely Fresh Install NO CC Not even from the Sims Store (that means NO Riverview or Barnacle Bay even) and it STILL crashed while saving and trying to get to the Main Menu.

Between this and the lack of support for BioWare site, EA is quickly becoming my least favorite Brand.

EA seriously needs to fix these glitches.
  • Options
    Matthew67Matthew67 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I have solved the problem, just follow instructions here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/384483.page

when you have added TS3W to DEP list, RESTART THE COMPUTER BEFORE PLAYING SIMS 3!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I checked my the crash log, and apparently it is not a DEP issue.
    According to Crinrict's Sims 3 Help Blog, if it were a DEP Issue, then in the crash log, under Exception Info Heading, the line Address would be followed by Unknown Module.
    In my log it is followed by 0x006c0e60 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims(TM) 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x002bfe60

and FYI, the truth is even if I am frustrated with EA at the moment, I will continue to stay a loyal customer. I have been for over 10 years now. That's just not going to change, I'm just super frustrated.
  • Options
    Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited June 2011
    Im sorry your having issues but fortuantely for myself, I have not experienced one of those issues youve listed. My game has actually NEVER crashed unless I forgot to add a new ep to my DEP list after first installing which is totally my fault.

May I ask what video card you are using and how much RAM you have installed? The reason I ask is because I DID, however, used to experience crashing & lagging etc before I upgraded the RAM in my computer and the graphics card, it ran faster than I could handle after that and not to mention solved the crashing.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I have 4gb of Ram and the ATI Raedon HD 5700 series. I have never had any problems running Sims until Generation =(