Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

compatible with XP?

will The Sims 3 Pets be compatible with XP? I really hope so, because thats still the OS I use. Some of the more modern games will soon become incompatible with XP. Like the new Microsoft Flight game.

Comments

• Options
    KalaniCoolKalaniCool Posts: 64 Member
    edited June 2011
    I belive it will. But I am not sure.
  • Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited June 2011
    The base game and all the EP's so far have been compatible with XP, so it only stands to reason that this one will be the same. People would have problems otherwise.
  • Options
    WindWineKiwi8WindWineKiwi8 Posts: 1,296 New Member
    edited June 2011
    The Sims will be at least until the Sims 3 series is over. Compatibility is based on the game engine itself, not the content, I think, so unless they do some major game-engine change it will remain compatible.
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited June 2011
    Well considering that currently XP is still more used than Windows 7 or Vista i cannot see it not being compatable for a while yet
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2011
    fraroc wrote:
    will The Sims 3 Pets be compatible with XP? I really hope so, because thats still the OS I use. Some of the more modern games will soon become incompatible with XP. Like the new Microsoft Flight game.

All EPs and SPs should be compatible throughout the duration of the series. Now when they start with a new series specs and requirements will change, so at this time you should be safe. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen