Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neglecting My Baby

There's this new glitch that I've had today when I first started up my game that I'm unsure how to fix? I did search around but I can't find anyone that's had an idental problem to mine or who has a solution to the problem.

My two young-adult sims just had a baby girl called Emily. This morning when I went to start up my game her picture icon didn't show. There was the icon box with the color green inside it, but no photo of her.
I'm unable to see her needs bar or her 'profile' at all and I'm not able to click on her when I'm playing her parents to feed her/snuggle, etc...

She's visible in her cot, she hasn't disappeared, it's just her photo in the icon box that has. She's not playable, I can't click on her and her parents won't attend to her even when she's hungry and crying.

Eventually the social worker comes to collect her.
I'm not sure what to do? :( I've googled/searched the boards but can't find anything. I've tried logging off/back on, the re-set sim cheat, and moving out of that family and back in, hoping that Emily would be playable again.

I apologize for the long post, but has anyone had something similar happen to them? And does anyone know how I could fix this? Thanks in advance. :-)

Comments

• Options
    LiLSapphireLiLSapphire Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited June 2011
    If reset Sim does not work Then I would save the home and family to the library seperately. Then buldoze the lot replace the home then move the Sims back in. Sometimes a lot gets glitchy and that is the only fix.
  • Options
    VickyLouise3VickyLouise3 Posts: 1,705 New Member
    edited June 2011
    This is happening to alot of people lately... it has happend to me too!

This is what i am going to do:

Source - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/386665.page
    Laspyra wrote:
    I managed to fix it by taking these steps:
    1. Go to edit town
    2. Select the home where your sims are stuck "save copy to library"
    (I saved it with home because I didn't want to lose my house and the work I put into it)
    3. Bulldoze the house (with family in it)
    4. Select family from the library and "place copy" into the lot you just bulldozed. It will say something about the family on the clipboard, but just keep going. this should fix it (hopefully) worked for me, although I am noticing a few small problems. I can still see the "zzz's" from my other baby's crib where he was sleeping (stuck) before this happened. Also my baby's potty chairs have become unusable,even if I delete and purchase another I can't select it with my child or adult, and I'm having the same problem with the showers. (My sim can still use it but he has to do it with free will). I haven't noticed any other problems so far. You do lose your friends, and wishes, but it was worth it to me to have my family back.
    I found this info in another thread. This was suggested by "Robirobin".
    Here is the link http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/180/383671.page

Hope this helps!

Edited for update!
    After saving the fixed file under a different name, exiting and re-entering the game the potty chairs and showers have become usable once more. Yay! :)

You will loose relationships and whatever is in your sim's inventory. But hopefully it will fix the problem. It can occur again.