Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Yawn.

The trailer looks kind of cute, but I'm thinking this will be another EP I won't buy. Unless they include weather with it or something really insanely interesting, I just don't think Pets will add anything to my game.

Anyone with me?

Comments

• Options
    NokuoroNokuoro Posts: 3,413 New Member
    edited June 2011
    :roll: what is with people and "if it doesn't have weather with it i don't want it"? :/

We'll get it one day.. or it could be the next EP
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited June 2011
    You wouldn't want weather with this, it would be a very watered down version (no pun intended).

I'm very thankful that they didn't combine them. Although I know they wouldn't do it to begin with, I was a little worried for some reason.

I personally would have wanted Seasons first, but it's not what happened.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    PaintedwingsPaintedwings Posts: 106 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I agree 100%

I am a bit disappointed. I didnt much care for pets in sims 2. I got it and never bought pets for my sims and the wandering animals were just a nuisance.

I was hoping for them to have weather & seasons has their next pack, but I guess I will have to wait some more :(
  • Options
    SecularTheocracySecularTheocracy Posts: 232 New Member
    edited June 2011
    How do you yawn at pets but think weather is exciting? They're both pretty dull.
  • Options
    SunnysunnysunsSunnysunnysuns Posts: 308
    edited June 2011
    If they released Seasons instead your response would be:

"The trailer looks kind of cool, but I'm thinking this will be another EP I won't buy. Unless they include dogs/cats/horses with it or something really insanely interesting, I just don't think Seasons will add anything to my game."

Don't lie to yourself, you know you'll buy it anyways.
  • Options
    ilovesims38ilovesims38 Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited June 2011
    T3hXinro wrote:
    The trailer looks kind of cute, but I'm thinking this will be another EP I won't buy. Unless they include weather with it or something really insanely interesting, I just don't think Pets will add anything to my game.

Anyone with me?

I'm sorry I have to say something. This isn't directed personally at you but, what is everyones infatuation with weather? It isn't going to add much of anything other that snow and rain graphics. both of which already exist in the game code. The only thing new is that it will rain/snow everywhere instead of just one lot and that it will put stuff on the ground. I mean seriously, Every time a new EP is announced everyone is like "THIS ISN'T WEATHER, WHERE IS MY WEATHER EA?" I want weather to but, do we need to keep talking about how "OMGWTFBBQ COOL!" weather would be? Why do people keep saying that weather added so much but pets didn't? Weather is just some graphics. It really isn't much more than that. Especially now in The Sims 3, since we already have gardening. What would it really add? I think this whole weather obsession is just a follow the leader type of thing and that is why every one dislikes Pets so much. It is like someone on the forums said that they wanted weather/hated pets and everyone kept repeating what they said.
  • Options
    JennaBenna5JennaBenna5 Posts: 100 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I would rather have weather also....it would be perfect since we got Generations. There's the whole family aspect which adds more gameplay...now we need weather...I always loved that EP when it came out. Pets didn't really do anything to me. I mean, it was awesome, it just got old fast. Although, I have to admit that the trailer looks pretty cool. Hopefully weather/seasons will be the next EP :)
  • Options
    starlightkcstarlightkc Posts: 3,186 Member
    edited June 2011
    I seem to be the only one who likes it being sunny all the time. Who wants rain and snow? :/
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited June 2011
    T3hXinro wrote:

Anyone with me?

I'm sorry I have to say something. This isn't directed personally at you but, what is everyones infatuation with weather? It isn't going to add much of anything other that snow and rain graphics. both of which already exist in the game code. The only thing new is that it will rain/snow everywhere instead of just one lot and that it will put stuff on the ground. I mean seriously, Every time a new EP is announced everyone is like "THIS ISN'T WEATHER, WHERE IS MY WEATHER EA?" I want weather to but, do we need to keep talking about how "OMGWTFBBQ COOL!" weather would be? Why do people keep saying that weather added so much but pets didn't? Weather is just some graphics. It really isn't much more than that. Especially now in The Sims 3, since we already have gardening. What would it really add? I think this whole weather obsession is just a follow the leader type of thing and that is why every one dislikes Pets so much. It is like someone on the forums said that they wanted weather/hated pets and everyone kept repeating what they said.

Sometimes trying rationalize why people want what they want in a life simulation game isn't going to get you anywhere.

Seasons/Weather is a part of life simulation, and for me it was with Seasons where I finally started to break away from being bored with playing families through generations. It shouldn't have ever been boring for me (I do it fine in The Sims 3 without Seasons) but it was that cycle to look forward to that got me playing, I suppose.

It may not be so important gameplay-wise, but it changes the game a lot anyway. The seasons cycle was always going on. It was something to look forward to.

In The Sims 3, it could actually be so much more fun and could actually be more than a graphical upgrade. In The Sims 3 Sims would be able to have favorite seasons, and they could easily have moodlets to go with the weather and seasons that are happening at the moment.
    I seem to be the only one who likes it being sunny all the time. Who wants rain and snow? :/

Obviously a lot of people since you said you seem to be the only person who likes it being sunny all of the time.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    Leah1980Leah1980 Posts: 907 Member
    edited June 2011
    If it were to include weather, it would say. But I dont so I highly doubt it will be in there. With EP's and SP's your either gonna like them or not. Everyone likes different things, thats just the way it is.
  • Options
    starlightkcstarlightkc Posts: 3,186 Member
    edited June 2011
    barisaxy wrote:

Obviously a lot of people since you said you seem to be the only person who likes it being sunny all of the time.

I wasn't actually directing that question to anybody.
  • Options
    PupcatPupcat Posts: 162
    edited June 2011
    If they released Seasons instead your response would be:

"The trailer looks kind of cool, but I'm thinking this will be another EP I won't buy. Unless they include dogs/cats/horses with it or something really insanely interesting, I just don't think Seasons will add anything to my game."

Don't lie to yourself, you know you'll buy it anyways.

WORD.
  • Options
    ilovesims38ilovesims38 Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited June 2011
    barisaxy wrote:
    T3hXinro wrote:

Anyone with me?

Sometimes trying rationalize why people want what they want in a life simulation game isn't going to get you anywhere.

Seasons/Weather is a part of life simulation, and for me it was with Seasons where I finally started to break away from being bored with playing families through generations. It shouldn't have ever been boring for me (I do it fine in The Sims 3 without Seasons) but it was that cycle to look forward to that got me playing, I suppose.

It may not be so important gameplay-wise, but it changes the game a lot anyway. The seasons cycle was always going on. It was something to look forward to.

In The Sims 3, it could actually be so much more fun and could actually be more than a graphical upgrade. In The Sims 3 Sims would be able to have favorite seasons, and they could easily have moodlets to go with the weather and seasons that are happening at the moment.

Oh hurray! Moodlets and favorite seasons?! What an idea! I totally take back what I said before, that sure is a great idea right there. I never thought about that! That adds SO MUCH. :D /sarcasm

I get tired of hearing the same stock responses about weather and pets and how everyone whines about them every time the new EP isn't weather or pets. Now that it is pets the people who hate pets/love weather are getting kind of upset. Oh and by the way, I wasn't trying to rationalize I was stating the obvious details that everybody likes to over look.
  • Options
    bluskys789123bluskys789123 Posts: 147 Member
    edited June 2011
    I hate to say it, but I really am not excited about Pets. I wish I was!! In real life, I am a huge animal lover, but in the Sims, I don't really want them in my game. I don't know what it is.

No, you aren't the only one. I haven't been one of those people crying out for any certain expansion. I'm just not into keeping track of pets in the game. (Edit: Yes, I did have Sims 2 Pets, and it was just okay. That's just my personal preference.)

Oh well, I'll save my money for the next EP!
  • Options
    jrenaejrenae Posts: 39
    edited June 2011
    I never played season, but it look liked there was more than just getting some snow and rain. Like when it is snowing your sims can't go outside in shorts and tank top or they will get cold, and when it is hot they wouldn't go outside with coat and gloves on or they will over heat. There was also certain activities that would go with each season. My guess is seasons is probably going to be one of the hardest ep to make if you think about it. Maybe not the hardest,but the most detailed and it is going to take sometime.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited June 2011
    If it ain't broken why fix or you just tweak it.

The Sims have had a solid foundation until EA came along with there 14kt wrecking ball then it became EA Sims not Maxis Sims.

My Sims are still waiting to take a family vacation and dive in there pool.All they had to do was follow the blueprint maybe adjust a few things and boom you still make money.
  • Options
    AmandaMarie09AmandaMarie09 Posts: 81 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I've wanted pets. I remember pets in sims 2 i got them for every family. I think it adds a lot to my game. And weather i like to. But in sims 2 it added gardening but this one it doesn't so I have no idea what they are going to do with it if they will make one. I'm a huge animal lover and pets are part of life. And its nice that the sims get a chance to have them in their life to.
  • Options
    boredomkillsboredomkills Posts: 1,134 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Too bad you feel that way OP, but I think you'll be missing out on something (possibly) good. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    XxDespairAngelxXXxDespairAngelxX Posts: 144 Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm actually really excited for pets to come out instead of Season...or weather...I've always kind of had a sore spot for Seasons in TS2 because I accidently overloaded and killed my old desktop with it. I know I shouldn't blame the EP for what happened to my computer...but there's still that lingering feeling. Plus I didn't like how my sim was either too hot or too cold. There was never a good balance it seemed. I think I would have liked seasons more if they had toned down that aspect of the game.
    Gallery: minimeg1718
  • Options
    CaylynnCaylynn Posts: 59
    edited June 2011
    I only had the pets expansion pack in Sims 1, not in Sims 2. I'm super excited for the pets! Pets are a big part of people's lives. It seems unrealistic playing without them. Weather seems sort of pointless. Why are people so infatuated with it? How will it really add the interactions between the sims or the storyline? Seasons was not an expansion pack that I was ever very interested in.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,903 Member
    edited June 2011
    Although I'm looking forward to Pets I'm also hoping we'll get a Seasons EP at some point. Seasons didn't just bring weather but several new objects and interactions.
    Sunburn
    Lightening strikes
    Skating rink
    Juicer
    Building snowmen
    Snow Angels
    Garden Club
    Talent badges
    Plant Sims
    Penguin
    Freeze to death
    Temp bar