Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations Digital download wont Install...

When I try to install Generations DD it says please update your game via the launcher, however when I try to update it says my game is up to date? Any ideas how to fix this? thanks!

Comments

• Options
    kitkatsimkitkatsim Posts: 84
    edited June 2011
    I have the exact problem! I hope there's a fix soon!
  • Options
    SchndlPlayerSchndlPlayer Posts: 741 New Member
    edited June 2011
    When I try to install Generations DD it says please update your game via the launcher, however when I try to update it says my game is up to date? Any ideas how to fix this? thanks!

Same!! Ughh I hope that they can find a solution to it soon, I really want to be able to play.
  • Options
    bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    edited June 2011
    please read this - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/380915.page I don't have GEN but everyone says it works.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.
  • Options
    Cece1297Cece1297 Posts: 61
    edited June 2011
    did the link that he just gave you work? because i have the exact same problem! it sucks. D;
  • Options
    DorkyFarklepantsDorkyFarklepants Posts: 28 Member
    edited June 2011
    Had the same issue. Uninstalled/reinstalled the base game-downloaded manual patch http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/380915.page
    (the first link)
    Installed patch followed by generations Game is working no problem

:D Goodluck
  • Options
    AnevAnev Posts: 16 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Has this been fixed yet? I work for a living and yes in IT. I fix computers all day I don't have time to go looking for more fixes after doing it all day. That's why I PAY to download games and not make them myself.

Generations has been out for a couple days and a quick Google search shows hundreds (if not more) fighting this issue. I can't play the new Medieval do to bugs, the last update to Ambitions had me uninstalling and reinstalling ... what are you people running over there?

Enough already, you make a great game but someone needs to be reminded just how bad the unemployment is in your installation team.

Signed....
    Seriously tired of patching, uninstalling and loosing my files just to play a freaking game!