Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims inventory & family inventory bug

Hi All,

I hope someone can help with this, cause it's getting really annoying!
I have just had a family moving house. When I was redecorating their new house with stuff from the family inventory, The Hand-grab tool suddenly got stuck in "clenched" mode. Allthough I could still sort of use the grab-hand tool like this, it did effect some functions. However, after exiting the game and starting it up again, I now get this bug every time I try to do anything with the family or sims inventory. More so, I can now no longer do anything with the stuff in the inventory. Can't grab it, can't move it, can't delete it... Anyone now a solution to this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited January 2010
    Hi: I have this problem too, every once-in-a-while. There have been numerous postings on here about it. (I contacted EA Support way back in November about it - still no help). If it gets stuck, try hitting F3 which will take you into Build Mode and release it. It will then usually work for a while taking stuff out of family inventory - which is where it gets stuck for me, and always after I've moved my Sims to a new house. Not sure if this glitch came with WA or the patch that preceded it.
  • Options
    lynnythegreatlynnythegreat Posts: 406 Member
    edited January 2010
    I have the same problem and I do not have WA or the latest patch installed. I noticed it the last time I moved a family into a new home.
  • Options
    swiirl73swiirl73 Posts: 73 Member
    edited January 2010
    I have the same problem. I therefore try not to use the family inventory and only the sim inventory, but even then some adventure stuff mysteriously moved over to the family inventory. I could never use it again.

I've had bugs happen once with the sims inventory, and that happened when I switched families for a couple of simdays. When I went back to the original family my male sim had turned to an elder and his whole inventory were emty. Lots of important fruits were lost, like a deathflower and fruit of life. (Or whatever it's called) :) His family were going to plant all sorts of strange stuff in their garden, but you could say I totally lost my spirit and gave up on that!
  • Options
    LETO19857LETO19857 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited May 2011
    I have the same problem and even worse, if I may say so myself.
    The items in my savefile are both stucked in either the sims personal inventory, family inventory and in the treasure chests. Can't place them on the ground without errors which results in the item getting deleted as if they where sold in Live mode without giving me money for it.
    Guess what: quiting without saving doesn't help. The problem repeats itself after reloading the game.
    Reinstalling every game by hand and using both Disc Cleanup and Defragmentation doesn't help either.

Well, let's hope there will be a patch someday. This problem is known by players since the very begining of the game halfway of 2009. Now we are halfway 2011 I asume EA is making the best patch they've ever made. :)
  • Options
    JenesisDarkJenesisDark Posts: 66 Member
    edited August 2012
    Nope, just got the problem today. It seems that a bug three years ago still hasn't been fixed...
  • Options
    ttttttfanmanttttttfanman Posts: 53 Member
    edited December 2012
    I have Omni Seed boxes stuck in my sims inventory. Can't delet it can;t sell it. I even have bills stuck in the inventory. Need help. :cry:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    jeriwade1jeriwade1 Posts: 114 Member
    edited November 2012
    I, too, have bills & Omni Seed boxes stuck in my personal inventory. Also stuck as of today a car and person inventory from a sim who moved out of the house. I know the bills & Omni Seed boxes have been reported glitches since who knows who long, but it's old. I believe that is causes my game issues (when I try to travel I get to whatever country but there is no Sim there--it's like I'm starting a new game in china, etc...).

I have NO MODS & no other game play issues so I know it's not my PC. It's just frustrating!
  • Options
    person3883person3883 Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I'm now having this problem with about 7 bills stuck in my inventory, I guess EA STILL hasn't done anything about it
  • Options
    LauryAlleyLauryAlley Posts: 39 Member
    edited March 2013
    I too have a Sim now that went to the University and has bills in her inventory. Thought they did a patch that got rid of the Omni bug. I guess this is a new one. Having no problems with my Sim yet, thank gosh. I am sure they will soon have a patch out for this problem also. Fingers Crossed!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited March 2013
    I've been free of this inventory bug for a couple of months - but it hit again last time I played.

I took some sims to visit Egypt and collected mail whilst there and now they have bills stuck in their inventory again.

I haven't had the grabbing hand bug for a while - but I suspect it will return. I don't dare put any seeds on the ground as they usually vanish.
  • Options
    amaixyasaiamaixyasai Posts: 21 Member
    edited April 2013
    so funny that I see recent messages about this! XD oh man I just came back after being free from this for 1 year now, and STILL nothing :/ come on EA, get your act together! We payed for these games, and it's been 5 years already :/ I wouldn't mind them stopping expansions for a while so they can focus on fixing all the darn glitches in the game. It's driving me up the WALL! @_@ I have like 10 stupid bills stuck in my inventory and that was with 1 TRIP to University!!! I just got this expansion too and I thought "NOOOO! NOT AGAIN!!!" T__T
  • Options
    strawberryboo002strawberryboo002 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2014
    I just got this problem. My sim just bought an art gallery and I was buying new art to upgrade it. After buying some things my hand tool just started to freeze up when i tried to put some things in my family inventory which out of no where was filled with alot of things. When i tried to delete the object it wouldnt work and my hand tool was just stuck like that. I dont know why this happened but can someone please help me fix it.