The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Perfect Fish?

I am playing an Angler Sim, and his lifetime want is to have 13 perfect different species fish in fishbowls. Have any of you achieved this Lifetime want for your sims and is willing to give me some advice on how you did it? Do I need to use some particular bait or is the perfect fish random in lakes and ponds? Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    SweetAthena86SweetAthena86 Posts: 106 New Member
    edited July 2009
    anyone????
  • Options
    pikajohnpikajohn Posts: 2,580 New Member
    edited July 2009
    angler !?

people use that trait!?
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited July 2009
    I finished only about half of it. I got tired of feeding all the fish in separate bowls.

So, perfect fish can be caught randomly, and it's easier for someone with the angler trait. To increase your chances, have them use the appropriate bait for the fish they want to catch.

Update: here's a list of the baits.
  • Options
    MarkyHMarkyH Posts: 51 New Member
    edited July 2009
    If you use perfect bait you have a better chance to catch a perfect fish.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Alright I appreciate the advice. My sim likes to fish, so maybe I should have him garden too, so he can use crops as his bait. Thanks alot.
  • Options
    YahtzamiYahtzami Posts: 6,301 Member
    edited July 2009
    If you don't want to remember to feed all of them every day (time consuming) then just keep them in your inventory until you have them all. THEN go to buy mode, buy 13 bowls and put your perfect fish in them. If they die after that, you have still accomplished your goal!
  • Options
    GplayGplay Posts: 56 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Read bait books to find the correct bait for different fish. The more of that fish you catch, the higher your fishing skill level, and the better quality your bait = the better quality fish you will get until you eventually get a perfect one.

A tip for this LTW: Don't put your fish in the fishbowls until you have all 13 perfect specimens in your backpack (just make sure your Sim doesn't use them for cooking!). Once in the bowls you have to feed them everyday or else they die, and it's a real pain. Just fish until you have all 13, and then stick them in bowls all at once, and LTW achieved.
  • Options
    moonbeammoonbeam Posts: 26 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Hi. Yes I accomplished this wish before my teenager grew up. It's easy.
    You need to buy the fishing books from the general store. Once you have read them you can check your skills notebook to see what types of bait to use.
    Plan on spending a lot of your time fishing. Make sure to find where the fish are jumping. It really does make a difference.
    Also.. when you do get that perfect fish be sure to stick it in the fridge.. and Don't cook it or sell it! Once all the fish are gathered up.. not before..lest they die from starvation or some such.. Then you go and buy your fishbowls.
    A few other tips.. Ocean fish seem to bite best at sun up and sun down. Also, be sure to carry some apples or other veggies to eat while fishing. It will really increase your time spent fishing.
    Hope this helps!
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited July 2009
    Yahtzami wrote:
    If you don't want to remember to feed all of them every day (time consuming) then just keep them in your inventory until you have them all. THEN go to buy mode, buy 13 bowls and put your perfect fish in them. If they die after that, you have still accomplished your goal!

Good idea. I hadn't thought of this.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    edited July 2009
    My sim was an angler and he also had the same lifetime wish. I was just able to make it happen. It took a lot of time to get the last 3. I would suggest trying to get perfect fish out of the 'common species.' Once you enter uncommon and rare it takes much longer.
    I second the notion of placing the fish in your inventory. Feeding all of them takes up way to much time.
    I hope they make a big aquarium, where you can keep multiple fish in.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Thanks so much for all the advice and help, it all makes sense now on what to do. I will get right to it all. :D You all take care and have fun simming. Bye
  • Options
    DazdnConfusedDazdnConfused Posts: 11 New Member
    edited July 2009
    When you catch a perfect fish put it in a fishbowl and then put it in your family inventory you don't have to feed it and when you have the thirteen fish in your family inventory get them out and lifetime wish done! Without feeding them or worrying about whether they're going to get eaten accidently. :lol:
  • Options
    ReesarooReesaroo Posts: 237 New Member
    edited August 2009
    After fishing for quite a while, I just learned a new trick! In your inventory, all fish of one type are shown grouped. Drag the first one out (it's usually the perfect one - high quality first, low last)and put it in a different location in your inventory. I drag all the perfect fish to the top.

Then, you can sell remaining. I've been doing this one at a time... until I discovered there's a faster way. In the upper left corner of each inventory item, there's a darker shade of blue. Click in this area and drag to sell ALL the fish of that species.

Example: 20 tuna. Drag first perfect one to top. Then click & drag the other 19 to sell in one lump sum.

• Options
    WhitetigerzWhitetigerz Posts: 1,838 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I caught perfect fish of every species and mounted them all. I choose the top five and hung them up around the house. FYI- fish die in bowls even if your feed them everyday. I think they have a lifespan when in the bowl. Just fish alot, and you will get perfects pretty fast. I didn't have issues with any but deathfish. They take the most time. Well, the Sim I had do this was a Rockstar, so I didn't have to worry about work. That helps ALOT. lol
  • Options
    AsileeAsilee Posts: 68 Member
    edited August 2009
    pikajohn wrote:
    angler !?

people use that trait!?
    Obviously.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited August 2009
    Vegetarian sims work well for the backpack method- they won't eat the fish and you don't have to watch that they don't.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    WhitetigerzWhitetigerz Posts: 1,838 New Member
    edited August 2009
    They don't eat fish in the inventory... they are raw. I have never seen them do it, and it owuld be gross if they did.