Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My first world

Hey guys! So after months and months of trying to find a world that suited my needs I've finally decided to sit down and take a crack at the world editor. I'm creating a small 512x512 world that will be up to date on all the expansions. What I wanted to do was create a world that would run smoothly with the graphics setting set on high, that would still give me the opportunity for my sims to live the grand city life. I hope to be able to input all the rabbit holes, though I'm not sure Ill have enough space. Any who, I just started today so here is my first pic! Any advise would be great!

Here is a link to the picture, which is a birds eye view of the world

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2019110683180.125406.1406290278&saved

New pic!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2030697412841&set=a.2019110683180.125406.1406290278&type=1&theater

Comments

• Options
    KayPapageiKayPapagei Posts: 974 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Looks good so far, though my advice would be to not make the world quite so square. But that depends on if you wanted a square world or not. I just think it looks less realistic.
    I look forward to seeing more pics!
  • Options
    schmitty64schmitty64 Posts: 53
    edited May 2011
    Thanks so much Kay! Your so awesome! I totally agree with you on the world shape, I'm torn as to what to do, because I want to use as much space as possible for lots, but it does give it a unrealistic look with it being a square and all, I may trim it up a little and give it some shape. I will def keep posting pics though with progress, glad to know the link worked. :D
  • Options
    DeathNoteSimDeathNoteSim Posts: 4,544 New Member
    edited May 2011
    KayPapagei wrote:
    though my advice would be to not make the world quite so square.
    Exactly my thought! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    So I've decided to keep the world square, but only for space, I think if I make the world interesting enough the shape shouldn't hold it back. I know progress is slow, I'm just trying to perfect things as I go, wish me luck! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    mikitta47mikitta47 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Concerning space - if you don't mind using mods, Jynx's rabbit hole rugs have been updated, and she has added rabbit hole doors ... which I adore :)

God Bless,
    mik
  • Options
    Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited May 2011
    How do I view the world, I just get the following message,"This content is currently unavailable"?

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Concerning mods, I'm not fully adapt at the world editor yet, so I'm not sure about mods, though I might look into that, thanks so much.

Also if you click the link it should bring you to my facebook, I hope the link works, someone else should try to click on it just to see. Thanks so much for the feed back guys, Ill try to keep updating, I know I'm gonna need some help in the near future ;)
  • Options
    pyrochemistpyrochemist Posts: 73
    edited May 2011
    Hi schmitty64, I am near the end of a similiar project to you - trying to create a world that is small whilst still including everything. I don't have the Late Night exp tho so will be interesting to see what you come up with!

An idea - if you want to keep the world square, you could offset the shape by adding other details, e.g. cliffs and rocks in the ocean, small islands not intended to put lots on etc.

Good luck to us both!